Prices Dropping All Over The Place

1) Quietest quarter of the year

2) Not seasonally adjusted

3) We heard it before

blah

blah

blah

blah

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:blink:

Warwickshire

£200,075 -4.1%

My area is looking good. If this is annualised it looks like Great Crash 2 may do its work quite quickly.

Locally looks even better:

Stratford-On-Avon

£252,932 -6.0% -2.0% 461

Warwick

£228,015 -6.8% 5.6% 718

Rugby

£178,806 -5.0% 6.4% 485

North Warwickshire

£142,733 -16.3% -17.9% 937

Nuneaton And Bedworth

£142,265 2.3% 9.9% 517

Sample sizes are quite large also. Funny how the EAs say prices are still soaring? Its a propaganda war now I suppose. The Knicker Press will be confused that is for sure as yesterday's front page had a scare headline to the effect that HPI was going up up and away and that Merv's hikes are ineffectual to stop it.

Edited by Realistbear

North east Lincolnshire #1 hotspot.

Don't make me laugh!

What idiots would pay 65% more for a house a year later than the year before? Must be all those southerners looking for Northern BTL bargains.

Lambs to the slaughter.

By my dot com clock we are now somewhere at January 2000.

Warwickshire

£200,075 -4.1%

My area is looking good. If this is annualised it looks like Great Crash 2 may do its worker quite quickly.

My Area is down Jan to March and it was slightly up the previous 3 months. Do people honestly believe that all areas will drop at the same time? I doubt it, it will be a steady decline before a much bigger drop, thus some places will increase significantly and other won't.

If some places increased by over 100% in the last year and the average is +5.85% then surely it shows that prices are in decline. The big rises are making a smaller and smaller difference to the overall yearly rise, until eventually it will be negative

1) Quietest quarter of the year

2) Not seasonally adjusted

3) We heard it before

I can't speak for everyone but if I had a home to sell and the difference between summer and winter months was an asking price of say 5% then I would sure has hell only want to sell in the summer months, why would anyone sell during the quite periods, likewise if I was a buyer I would only want to buy during the quiet months to get the best deal, so locically if everyone thought like me the quite months concept would simply not exist.

Bedford up 45% in 1 year. What an investment, had you bought a house there last year!

Mind you Chelmsford is the place to have bought. Accoirding to these figures anyone who bought a house last year for 150k would now have a house valued at about 370k!

Edited by Casual Observer

I can't speak for everyone but if I had a home to sell and the difference between summer and winter months was an asking price of say 5% then I would sure has hell only want to sell in the summer months, why would anyone sell during the quite periods, likewise if I was a buyer I would only want to buy during the quiet months to get the best deal, so locically if everyone thought like me the quite months concept would simply not exist.

IIRC the EAs were saying that the winter selling season was buoyant and that the shortage of properties was causing inventory to fly off the shelves?? :blink:

Bedford up 45% in 1 year. What an investment, had you bought a house there last year!

Might be better to list all the areas that are seeing rises and then a list with the falls so we can work out if there are more areas down than up?

Seems the overall score is 7 down 5 up.

Perhaps next Q will see the balance adjusted with perhaps 10 down and just 2 up. Then all down.

The trend is certainly far from unpleasant and clearly points to the end of the inflationary cycle for homes.

North Somerset -32.5 (quarter) and -29.4 (yearly)

Yeah I saw that as well ... something must be wrong with the data, no way have house prices dropped a 1/3rd round here in the last Qtr... which is a real shame :(

Might be better to list all the areas that are seeing rises and then a list with the falls so we can work out if there are more areas down than up?

Seems the overall score is 7 down 5 up.

Perhaps next Q will see the balance adjusted with perhaps 10 down and just 2 up. Then all down.

The trend is certainly far from unpleasant and clearly points to the end of the inflationary cycle for homes.

Pr*t!!

I'm posting to show how ludicrous these figures are. Some areas are showing treble figure increases, which is clearly a nonsense.

Yeah I saw that as well ... something must be wrong with the data, no way have house prices dropped a 1/3rd round here in the last Qtr... which is a real shame :(

There's also no way my house increased in value by 75% in 1 year. But hey, RB seems to put a lot of faith in them!

Edited by Casual Observer

Yeah, I know. Don't think prices have dropped 16.2% in my area either, but hey, messed up figures or not, it makes good reading.

There';s also no way my house increased in value by 75% in 1 year. But hey, RB seems to put a lot of faith in them!

There will be alot to do with the type of house sold etc. Some houses will make more than others etc etc. Just becuase the average is say 50%, that could mean one particular house went up 99% and another 1%, the average would still be 50%.

I find it hard that people believe because the average increase (or decrease) means that thei house should also change by this value