House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shropshire Lad

Talksport Radio

He's also said that the next hour is going to be devoted to talking about the property market so a chance for HPC'ers to get their point across!

HPC got a plug

Haha, bloke came on, talking bullsh*t about how its was always tough for young people to buy houses, haha, bring on the crash, all the owners seem worried, the momentum is with us.

Isn't Talksport the radio-based equivalent of the Daily Mail?

worse. It's like the Sun. It's full of inarticulate DJs who just light the touch paper on a subject, retreat and wait for morons to call in... having said that, it's probably good to get on-air now and put a few lucid, concise points across!

He's also said that the next hour is going to be devoted to talking about the property market so a chance for HPC'ers to get their point across!

It would be a waste of time. The bloke is a complete to55er, if he doesn't like what you are saying he shouts you down and cuts you off. A bit like trying to debate with Casual Observer :rolleyes:

Ole! :P

We dont want a crash we want the cartel to be unwound, thats all. :(

We also want to remove the speculating overmortgaged fools from the equation.

While ever you have greed driven people paying over the odds for a human necessity, then everyone else will suffer.

Talksport? Oh dear, I wouldn't tune in to that station at gun point.

No Really you should - its hilarious.

"there is even a website that wants the property market to crash"

"idiots ringing a national radio station who want you and me to lose our houses"

:lol::lol:

"idiots ringing a national radio station who want you and me to lose our houses"

There is even a radio station that wants nobody born after 1980 to ever own a house! :P

Just tuned in - the DJ is an utter @rse...and got repossessed in the last crash! ;)

Last guy just got cut off! Presenter believes he's better off as he's made £300k on his house. He hasn't. If he sells, he still has to live somewhere. Therefore he has to pay what he originally paid plus his £300k 'profit,' plus (if he's moving to a larger house) the additional profit the next houses' seller has made so he's actually worse off!

TalkSport are debating (debatable) house prices now

It would be ok if it actually was a debate, but as far as I can gather it is some opinionated bloke who is not going to listen or understand any opposing point of views.

I would be tempted to phone in but I just know he would not listen to a word that was said.

I think he is failing to understand the concept that the entire property market is unstable and some of us do not want to (or are unable to) buy at the top.

unfortunately his quote resonates with a lot of mainstream views and the wider public (possibly).

Just tuned in - the DJ is an utter @rse...and got repossessed in the last crash! ;)

He doesn't see his own internal logic, he makes oodles on each sale yet has struggle with the mortgage on each new property. Does it occur to him that greater differentials come into play?