• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
PE11, another new record:

1053 properties found

Not much up, but still up.

As bleak said, PE12 still setting new highs. Trouble is there is nothing coming up for auction round here at all - something is still putting an artificial bottom on the market. I think its a number of local rich people buying stuff up. May they get stung harder than ever before.

@ 1062

Very little movement now.

I think the peak of this measure must be about there.

A decline of around 5% might indicate the market is improving and I think I will watch for that.

Many houses from property bee down 20%.

Its all good. Now full steam ahead.

HOLA443
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA444
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA445
HOLA446
Ops.

Property has fallen, sharply. Down to 987.

Very very sharp drop.

Might be worying if the trend continues.

I would not worry too much - we are still in the early phases of the house price crash. Negative equity means that many cannot sell now and they realise that they will have to sit the HPC out, just as many did in the 90s.

HOLA447
I would not worry too much - we are still in the early phases of the house price crash. Negative equity means that many cannot sell now and they realise that they will have to sit the HPC out, just as many did in the 90s.

Lets hope so.

Also many might have removed for the winter, you don't really want to move at xmas!

Still, I don't like it going down!!!

HOLA448
HOLA449
Also, are you sure this reflects a drop in properties for sale rather than agents dropping out of rightmove advertising?

Yes there are several reasons for drop in properties for sale on rightmove:-

People think it is a waste of time trying to sell.

Agents are pulling out of rightmove.( even they are lying people off ).

People are trying to rent because they cannot sell.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4410
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4411

Still falling. Worried? Is it time to jump in before all the bargains vanish?

I am still think not. A 9% fall or so after a massive 80% increase is a blip.

if it heads to 800 i might start to get worried.

Another fall.

After weeks of stabability this run of falls is continuing.

Where will it plateau?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4415
What are the figures like when comparing to for sale including stc? Are they being put to stc?

As the for sale figures drop what is happening to the number for rent?

I've not been monitoring rented, but its up a little for sure.

As for sales, its down again..... 899.

And about 30 of these are now commercial, where as before only one or two.

HOLA4416

9/10 for the longest time gap between being asked a question and then answering. But that's btw.

I monitor RM in my area and inventory rose throughout 2007. It has been steadily falling through 2008 and the first bit of this year.

The median price came down slowly to the middle of 2008 when it stuck resolutely at 250K. But there are signs of weaking on asking prices in the last few weeks. This week's median is 240k

HOLA4417
Hi All,

I thought this might be of interest. I know its not very scientific, but I think it perhaps worth a mention.

I know property listings on rightmove are fairly poor in terms of the one offs but I think the trend must have some inpact.

Figures are as follows:

9th April - 654

19th April - 655

28th April - 669

8th May - 667

17th May - 694

Massive increase this week. Estate agents round here have been pressing heavily for people to put the properties on before HIPS becomes compulsory. I think that may be the key cause of this jump.

We also have quite a selection of new build coming up to be ready soon I think, so supply will increase even more. I hope this might signal the tipping point in our area after several months of near stagnation.

Charlie

HIP's have been compulsary since the end of 2007. The only thing that is changing is the 1-week delay in putting a property onto the market.

Until now, an agent could start marketing a property with nothing more than proof that a HIP has been applied for, but from April, the agent needs to be in possession of the main parts of the HIP before he can tell anyone about it. It won't save the homeowners a penny and let's face it, how many estate agents are really going to keep quiet about a new house until the HIP comes back in anyway? None, especially when the property is going onto the market with more than one agent!

The industry is not regulated either. Since HIP's came in in 2007, not one government inspection has taken place to my knowledge. They are not checking homeowners or agents to see if the rules are being followed, so why will they start in April.

This is nothing more than a scam being used by agents to scare homeowners into putting their homes onto the market in readiness for a possible spring bounce!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HIP's have been compulsary since the end of 2007. The only thing that is changing is the 1-week delay in putting a property onto the market.

Until now, an agent could start marketing a property with nothing more than proof that a HIP has been applied for, but from April, the agent needs to be in possession of the main parts of the HIP before he can tell anyone about it. It won't save the homeowners a penny and let's face it, how many estate agents are really going to keep quiet about a new house until the HIP comes back in anyway? None, especially when the property is going onto the market with more than one agent!

The industry is not regulated either. Since HIP's came in in 2007, not one government inspection has taken place to my knowledge. They are not checking homeowners or agents to see if the rules are being followed, so why will they start in April.

This is nothing more than a scam being used by agents to scare homeowners into putting their homes onto the market in readiness for a possible spring bounce!

On HIPS, these are only valid for 1 year. Quite a few properties have failed to sell in that time. Do you have to pay again for a new one does anyone know?

HOLA4421
Lettings have exploded. I just checked and there are 120 properties available.

I seem to recall when I looked before about a year ago it was 25.

Lettings exploding all over the UK as frustrated sellers try letting out their properties to get some cash coming in every month ...... but the value of the property loses much more per month than the rent achieved . :lol:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

FWIW searching within 3miles of Sheffield for 2-4 beds, 300-600 quid for properties added in the last 7 days gives 13 pages of properties (one of which is next doors place :) ).

I haven't been keeping figures but back in late 2007 I'd expect a maximum of 3-5 pages.

The prices for the 2 AND 3 beds have fallen by about 50-100 quid, though after viewing have been offered free first months rent, no deposit if signing for 1 year, and extra cash off each month.

One place offered all heating bills as part of the rent (we presently pay approx. 120 quid a month)

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4424
HOLA4425