House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dude wheres my house

I Want To Go Back In Time

LOL. I called 5 EA's yesterday to get valuations booked for monday to beat HIPS. Amongst all the questions they ask, one of them, a woman asked me how long id had the property (Which is since 96) and what I paid for it. I refused politely, just said probably a lot less than you will value it at and asked her why she needed to know this? She was silent and changed the subject to another question.

I guessing she maybe plummed my address (the first thing they ask for) straight into nethouseprice.co.uk and as i bought it before 2000 asked because it didn't come up.

I assume they want to gauge how much you are making so if they have difficlult selling at their "expert" asking price they can hint to buyers you can afford to drop in price becuase you only paid "X" amount for it in 96! Bastards!

Still, one EA has just bought out an older agency and renamed it and is doing a 0.75% commison offwer until the end of the month. So I will have fun making all the others drop to that rate to get a sniff at my business despite how miuch higher they may value the house!! Bastards.

M

LOL. I called 5 EA's yesterday to get valuations booked for monday to beat HIPS. Amongst all the questions they ask, one of them, a woman asked me how long id had the property (Which is since 96) and what I paid for it. I refused politely, just said probably a lot less than you will value it at and asked her why she needed to know this? She was silent and changed the subject to another question.

I guessing she maybe plummed my address (the first thing they ask for) straight into nethouseprice.co.uk and as i bought it before 2000 asked because it didn't come up.

I assume they want to gauge how much you are making so if they have difficlult selling at their "expert" asking price they can hint to buyers you can afford to drop in price becuase you only paid "X" amount for it in 96! Bastards!

Still, one EA has just bought out an older agency and renamed it and is doing a 0.75% commison offwer until the end of the month. So I will have fun making all the others drop to that rate to get a sniff at my business despite how miuch higher they may value the house!! Bastards.

M

Tell them a fake amount that you paid for it, which is near to today's asking prices. Hehehe.

As regards "going back in time", there was a movie on last night called Captives, it was made in about '95 I think.

The leading lady was having a conversation with her mum about why she hadn't sold her house "because we can't afford to - the housing market has collapsed, mum"

I smirked to myself.

Methinks history is due to repeat itself.

Not all properties in Edgbaston go for £500k.

Not in the part I lived in anyway. :(

Actually, there's a picture of the house I used to live in on rightmove at the moment:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-146...1&tr_t=rent

Mine was Flat 4 though, which is the very top attic window. Can you SEE how small it is! LOL. Lived there for 4 years.

And I can tell you it was one scummy area.