House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fatso

Digging Up Madeleine

Is it just me, or do others feel this appeal is totally revolting.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Why should some middle class, well off parents, who couldn't look after their children, expect to start scrounging from the Public? There are many other Charities which are much more worthy. She's probably dead anyway!

i note that they have set this up under the auspices of a limited company - "Madeleine's Fund : Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited"

which was incorporated on 15th May.

They have also appointed auditors - that was quick! :rolleyes:

would there be all this fuss if the kid was a bit of a spacker, black or disabled?

surprised they haven't got an online shop yet with various items of merchandising...

i note that they have set this up under the auspices of a limited company - "Madeleine's Fund : Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited"

Dig deep for Madeleine - the Portuguese Police are!

Is it just me, or do others feel this appeal is totally revolting.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Why should some middle class, well off parents, who couldn't look after their children, expect to start scrounging from the Public? There are many other Charities which are much more worthy. She's probably dead anyway!

Nice, you're all heart.

The parents are doing everything they can to rectify the mistake they made and calling for funds to assist in the investigation makes sense to me. You don't have to contribute but if some people feel touched enough to do so I would not criticise them.

It seems to me that some people will not be happy until these parents have buried their daughter so they can crow that it serves them right for making a mistake. Shame on you.

The family of Madeleine McCann are to-day launching the Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned appeal. The funds will be used to help find Madeleine McCann, support her family and bring her abductors to justice. Any surplus funds will be used to help families and missing children in United Kingdom, Portugal and elsewhere in similar circumstances.

Nice, you're all heart.

The parents are doing everything they can to rectify the mistake they made and calling for funds to assist in the investigation makes sense to me. You don't have to contribute but if some people feel touched enough to do so I would not criticise them.

It seems to me that some people will not be happy until these parents have buried their daughter so they can crow that it serves them right for making a mistake. Shame on you.

Whatever...

I don't give two hoots for the mum and dad, I pity the poor girl. Anything anyone can do that may help find her is surely welcome???

I don't give two hoots for the mum and dad, I pity the poor girl. Anything anyone can do that may help find her is surely welcome???

I agree, but why this child? Thousands of people, including children go missing in this country every year. Should we expect funds to be created to help find those? Will Millionaire businessmen be willing to donate to every other fund for missing children?

I hope the poor lass is found alive, and soon, but this whole saga is quickly leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Diana syndome?

I have to agree with you there Jimothy it does smack of Diana syndrome.

I sincerely hope the poor mite is found alive and well but I don't feel the need to tie a yellow ribbon around anything. The media are really stoking this up - will they give the same blanket coverage to every other missing child? I doubt it.

One word... bandwagon

The sad reality is that it is unlikely she will be found safe and well, if at all. I don't see the point in making this a worldwide search as she is almost certainly still in Portugal.

Guest The_Oldie

Unfortunately, she is very distinctive with her mis-shaped pupil.