House Price Crash Forum
brainclamp

1,425,000 Migrants In Two Years?

Demand...

1,425,000 migrants in two years?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5274476.stm

"more than 1.4m non-British people were given the right to live and/or work in the UK in the two years since May 2004.

Of that total, 427,000 were people registering to work from the eight former Eastern Bloc countries which joined the EU in 2004, with the majority coming from Poland.

Add to that the number of self-employed people from those countries - and here we have to take a Home Office minister's estimate rather than official figures - then the total from the eight former Eastern Bloc states reaches "about 600,000"."

Supply....

Browns 100,000 new eco homes.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article2539383.ece

How many months supply under his current policy of mass immigration? 2?

As interest rates rise under these immense levels of mass immigration, rents will rise also and housing affordability will worsen, not improve. On current policy most people here will never own thier own home, and affordability will worsen. Mass Immigration is accelerating as chain migration is kicking in on a compound scale.

Edited by brainclamp

The government argues that migrants are filling gaps in the UK labour market - doing jobs the local population does not want to do and helping to boost the economy and create jobs.

Labour don't govern, they just collect their ministerial salaries. When something bad happens they manage the problem by spin, manipulation of the data or cover up. When something good happens, they claim the credit.

The influx of immigrants has been an economic advantage for the UK in the same way that slavery gives a competetive edge to someone farming sugar cane. A responsible government would recognise that the benefits are not sustainable and only store up serious problems for the future.

Immigrants compete with the poorest in society for accomodation and jobs. The government has been willing to sacrifrice this group however as long as government ministers can get cheap nannies. As time goes on however immigrants will become less willing to work for minimum wages. The flood of easy money will also dry up when house prices stop rising. That will prompt between 1/2 and 1 million immigrants to go home. These events will be a catalyst for a particularly brutal recession and the mother of all house price crashes.

What about when its 10M? When the hoardes who currently flee to Canary Islands decide that we're a better target?

The world is changing and moving home.

Coming to yours any day now.

Labour don't govern, they just collect their ministerial salaries. When something bad happens they manage the problem by spin, manipulation of the data or cover up. When something good happens, they claim the credit.

The influx of immigrants has been an economic advantage for the UK in the same way that slavery gives a competetive edge to someone farming sugar cane. A responsible government would recognise that the benefits are not sustainable and only store up serious problems for the future.

Immigrants compete with the poorest in society for accomodation and jobs. The government has been willing to sacrifrice this group however as long as government ministers can get cheap nannies. As time goes on however immigrants will become less willing to work for minimum wages. The flood of easy money will also dry up when house prices stop rising. That will prompt between 1/2 and 1 million immigrants to go home. These events will be a catalyst for a particularly brutal recession and the mother of all house price crashes.

I hope you're right.

So long as the majority benefit, this growing underclass of serfs will not even be acknowledged.

I hope you're right.

So long as the majority benefit, this growing underclass of serfs will not even be acknowledged.

I would amend that to as long as politicians and businesses benefit then it won't be acknowledge. They of course don't give to hoots about overvrowding, lack of housing and services. Devastation of the countries where the migrants left, explotation of workers who are underming the very minimum wage they put in place.

I have nothing against migrants in the slightest whilever they are coming here to work for a living. What I cannot understand is that if there is enough slack in the labour market to accomodate 1.5 million immigrants then why do we have lazy, good for nothing, dirtbag scroungers being paid to sit on the dole at my expense. Stop the immigration and get the idle buggers out to work. Systematically cutting their benefits for every six months out of work would do it.

Guest AuntJess
I have nothing against migrants in the slightest whilever they are coming here to work for a living. What I cannot understand is that if there is enough slack in the labour market to accomodate 1.5 million immigrants then why do we have lazy, good for nothing, dirtbag scroungers being paid to sit on the dole at my expense Stop the immigration and get the idle buggers out to work. Systematically cutting their benefits for every six months out of work would do it.

I have wondered that for decades. I think the answer is somewhere between incompetent handling by ministers, and a hidden agenda, which us mugs are not privy to. :(

I have wondered that for decades. I think the answer is somewhere between incompetent handling by ministers, and a hidden agenda, which us mugs are not privy to. :(

Most of them vote for Labour.

I have nothing against migrants in the slightest whilever they are coming here to work for a living. What I cannot understand is that if there is enough slack in the labour market to accomodate 1.5 million immigrants then why do we have lazy, good for nothing, dirtbag scroungers being paid to sit on the dole at my expense. Stop the immigration and get the idle buggers out to work. Systematically cutting their benefits for every six months out of work would do it.

Because the majority of those dole scroungers are, as you correctly point out, "good for nothing". They really are unemployable.

Why should I be forced to take on a worthless chav when there are perfectly good, well educated and motivated immigrants available? <_<

I think the point is that the immigrants will of course themselves have demands for goods and services which will require more immigrants to be fulfilled. And those immigrants will themselves require further goods and services ad infinitum.

It's the same lunacy that has people demanding 7 million more immigrants to deal with our OAPS. Of course those immigrants will themselves age requiring more immigrants to look after them etc etc.

The point was clearly illustrated to me yesterday when I popped into a cheap supermarket in a rundown part of town. Every single person in there was an Eastern European - I made a point of listening to them speaking in Slavic (Polish?)as I went around.

All the check out staff were EE's as were the people stacking the shelves. The manager came over to sort out a lady who had an issue with something - I couldn't tell what as they were rabbiting away in Slavic so he was EE as well.

So that's all the customers plus all the staff foreign - apart from me.

Last time I was in that supermarket - several years ago it was all Brits.

I live in Northamptonshire, which has seen the largest influx of Polish immigrants outside of London.

The majority of them work in wharehousing and distribution. That is, storing and transporting the cheap goods

made in places like China.

A couple of things should be considered.

These wharehouses are huge places, employing a lot of people, where you have large numbers of workers like this it is only a matter of time untill they become organised, in unions and assert themselves for better pay and conditions. There are already attempts from various unions to organise these workers.

As the economy picks up in Poland as it already doing, more and more will stay and even return.

Polish City Courts London Workers After Creating 125,000 Jobs

I live in Northamptonshire, which has seen the largest influx of Polish immigrants outside of London.

The majority of them work in wharehousing and distribution. That is, storing and transporting the cheap goods

made in places like China.

A couple of things should be considered.

These wharehouses are huge places, employing a lot of people, where you have large numbers of workers like this it is only a matter of time untill they become organised, in unions and assert themselves for better pay and conditions. There are already attempts from various unions to organise these workers.

As the economy picks up in Poland as it already doing, more and more will stay and even return.

Polish City Courts London Workers After Creating 125,000 Jobs

If the Poles organise they'll be sacked and replaced with Romanians, or Belorussians. It's a race to the bottom my friend.

If the Poles organise they'll be sacked and replaced with Romanians, or Belorussians. It's a race to the bottom my friend.

Browns bottom :lol::lol:

Well then organise the Romanians, that is the nature of Capitalism and class confilct.

Because the majority of those dole scroungers are, as you correctly point out, "good for nothing". They really are unemployable.

Because you need lots of qualifications to clean toilets or ironing or cleaning cars paper round etc

A lot of people on benifits think certain work is beneth them. Truth is anyone could find work if they wanted to but can't be bothered as its easier sitting in a flat paid for by the state and doing nothing

Amazing how all the migrants are coming in and finding work yet people on benifits can't find the "right" work

Because you need lots of qualifications to clean toilets or ironing or cleaning cars paper round etc

Well, you need to turn up on time, not steal things from your employer and not be stoned or pissed out of your skull. That's well beyond the abilities a lot of today's underclass.

However, the reason we have the underclass is not because they're Labour voters. It's because they create a huge demand for cushy jobs for middle-class Labour voters to hand out our taxes in welfare payments and boss people around with 'social work' and the like.

Guest vicmac64

Why should I be forced to take on a worthless chav when there are perfectly good, well educated and motivated immigrants available? <_<

You should pay a little more for one of the reliable UK citizens already in employment then!!!..... Of course you don't want to pay more - so you opt for the 'economic migrant foreignor', I think we should simply bann all immigration for the foreseeable future on the basis that this is already a crowded nation with infrastructure and health system limitations.... Argue against that if you can!!

If you hate the British so much and love those cheap uncomplaining foreigners why dont you bugger off and go live in Poland?

The last thing we need in a sinking ship is someone poking holes in the hull.

Immigrants compete with the poorest in society for accomodation and jobs.

This is probably true on average, but there are also many immigrants with very good accademic backgrounds who cannot find a job (or the job is not paid well) in their own countries and they come here to compete with pharmacists, doctors, software engineers, etc...

I agree. Benefits are a good thing, but some people are taking too much advantage of them and something should be done!

The good people of this country had the chance to do something about Labours rot in the local elections by voting BNP or possibly even UKIP and only 1.5% of them chose to do so, so as far as I'm concerned 98.5% of the population of UK can basically feck off and stop whining.

You got the sh*t council/government sh*t voters like you deserve :lol:

The weak goverment have no balls to say up yours Europe because the weak electorate haven't the balls to elect a strong government

Edited by SundanceSquid

With immigrants and people on the dole I think this is the problem.

1 - 1.7million people are off work sick or disabled, incapacity benefit has one of the toughest assessments in the world to qualify and has a very low fraud rate meaning most people on it are probably claiming for genuine reasons. However I am not saying all of them cannot work again in their lifetime but the problem with the current system is it doesnt reward coming off benefit and taking a low paid job. People who have never been in this situation struggle to understand how bad it is. If you someone who can just about manage to get up do your arrends and get through the day but doing even 1 hour work hinders your health what do you do? Brown has just removed the bottom band of income tax and currently if you get a job and come of incapacity benefit even if the wage was the same as the benefit you would get a lot less support benefits housing/council benefit meaning the job has to be considerably above min wage for you to be better off then not working, there is also little support for people getting work after sickness, currently the government provides cash incentives to employers to take on someone on incapacity benefit but the support ends there I think really there needs to be more help particurly in providing transport to and from work and providing jobs from local councils that will allow sickness flexibility ie. can be having days off sick at regular intervals for a fluctuating condition, under the current employment market people with fluctuating conditions are not employable.

2 - The people on job seekers allowance long term are a problem but again there isnt enough support, this was highlighted a month ago when someone wanted to go on a plumbing course but the job centre decided it wasnt worthwhile paying for it and prefer he just stayed on the dole for a long time as a result.

3 - People having children at a early age then living of the state for 18+ years for been full time single parents, this is something that could be cracked down on but the political correctness gets in the way and the solution would probably be deemed too hard on the children involved.

4 - Immigrants coming in from EE countries very likely consider the wages in min wage jobs as massive money, they often live in shared housing 3+ to a house so have reduced living costs and this allows them to manage, of course there is also immigrants particurly from muslim countries who require housing but dont work usually because they illegals and cannot work as a result.

So the crunch point, we will always have a % of the population that wont work, there will always be a % of the population who is sick. Whats also happening is now there will always be workers who will work for low money coming from worst off countries and as a result there is now extra demand for housing. This is the real reason why immigration is not tightened up, it delays/prevents a housing crash thus allowing millions to keep feeling rich and keeps wage inflation low.

Immigration is the leading poltical issue out there, and, as you can see on this forum, people are swtiching to the tories on this issue.

Of course the tories have the same policies for mass immigration, and will just play the same game as Labour are now. But they have spun some form of points system offering at least some form of control.

Whats the country going to be like in another 2 years? I predicted the effects of this mass immigration a number of years ago in terms of hugely wealthy landlords and renting hapless neo-surfs. of course, at that time every post about numbers had several posters outraged for saying that immigration numbers of this scale were affecting their housing market and futures and branding me as racist etc..!

That does not happen now.

So, things have changed, and people are slowly realising the future as neo-surf forever undercut in the labour market as part of a renting underclass, is more likely than some form of crash.

With migration of similar numbers, 1.5 million and more chain migration, over 2 years more, the future looks very bleak indeed for british people and thier families.

However, most people on this forum still support the mainstream parties, without realising they are simply voting in the landlord class and policies (who fund the mainstream system), and are voting in thier own surfdom.

Edited by brainclamp