House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
des

North East England

Hi

I was thinking of purchasing an investment property in the North East of England as prices appear reasonable, compared to the south and Northern Ireland.

Does anyone know what the capital increases have been over the past year and what is expected in the next year?

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Moderator, please delete this pointless thread from another no-doubt bone idol BTL get-rich-quick speculator who couldn't be bothered to do the most basic search for an existing related thread.

If you had spent all of 5 seconds looking "Des" you would see that there is one of the biggest threads on this site called "Newcastle upon Tyne" - that's in the North-East don't you know? It is almost always in the top 4 or 5 discussions returned in a browse of this forum category.

A brief look through its now 100 pages would give you all you need to know. We (or at least I) are not going to reproduce local market commentary here just because you're too lazy to do the most basic of research for yourself i.e a bit of reading. The fact that you didn't look and the statement of your intent only leads us to conclude that you are the sort of greedy muppet that has wrecked the local market for local people. Then again, if you want to buy right now, go for it. I'd recommend a 1 or 2 bed quayside flat - you might double your money in the next 3 months. Or there's a nice place in Gosforth called Knightsbridge Court - massively undervalued.

Rant Over. If you want to make a response, please do so in the Newcastle thread and we may be able to direct you to some local annecdotal data.

Edited by rich1234

Can;t say I'm an expert on the NE of england, but I didn;t realise it was otherwise known as newcaste. Have to let the map makers know about that one.

Think u take urself a bit too serious though bud - have a chill.

If you don't like my post, just ignore it and move on.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll buy a few tomorrow.

:)

Hi

I am deciding whether to buy an investment property in the UK or overseas. I heard recently that house prices in the North of England are still relatively low - eg Newcastle. Is there an oppertunity for long term investment?

Having read your above post from the 15/02/2007 you can't deny that Newcastle was of interest!? Enough said...DYOR!

EDIT: Sorry I could not resist, but as a potential BTL investor what do you consider to be an acceptable yield?

Edited by neilrich

With increasing interest rates I'd be aiming for at least 7 %. I'm actually from Ireland and have bugger all knowledge of the english market, hence my query.

With increasing interest rates I'd be aiming for at least 7 %. I'm actually from Ireland and have bugger all knowledge of the english market, hence my query.

Interesting!! If you can find anywhere in the North East of England where BTL properties have a rental yield of 7%...please let me know!! From my research the reality is closer to 2.6%! Good Luck!!