House Price Crash Forum

Rics Takes Action Against Hips

HOLA441

The RICS has commenced judicial review proceedings against the Department for Communities and Local Government over home information packs (HIPs).

By Anna Hodgekiss

Advertisement

The RICS says the unprecedented move was prompted by ‘the failure to carry out proper consultation prior to implementing new legislation to bring in HIPs’.

Teresa Graham, chairman of the RICS’ regulatory board, said: ‘RICS has not made the decision to commence judicial review proceedings lightly. We have exhausted all the alternatives and greatly regret that we were left with no other option if we are to protect the public's property interests.’

Among the RICS concerns about HIPs are the insufficient number of domestic energy assessors and the cost to customers.

The news comes a day after the RICS hosted an ‘emergency briefing’ for MPs and peers to try to persuade politicians to support its call for the packs to be delayed.

It also coincides with its latest housing market survey, which showed that property sellers are rushing to complete their deals ahead of next month’s HIPs introduction.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
domestic energy assessors

Wow!!! That sounds well important.

Do they get a military uniform with gold buttons and stars on?

The converstation in the pubs will soon be..........What do you do for a living........"Well..........I am a domestic energy assessor and I would ask you to address me as Sir in future!!!!!".

HOLA445
Teresa Graham, chairman of the RICS’ regulatory board, said: ‘RICS has not made the decision to commence judicial review proceedings lightly. We have exhausted all the alternatives and greatly regret that we were left with no other option if we are to protect the public's property interests.’

Protect the public interst my ar$e, for ***k sake most sellers are buyers, so £400 spent on a HIP to sell means you don't pay for search etc when you buy like you do now, nobody is loosing out, appart from EA's who like to rig the market by speculating with stupidly high prices and getting their RICS chums to back it with a bog paper of a survey.

Notice the RICS chairman spoke this time, is the RICS chief now banned from talking to the press after his "Region Interest Rate" speech last week delivered straight from his bottom.

If this every goes to court the Judge is just going to say, on what grouds have you brought these proceedings, tw** face will reply "errr,errr, err, its not fair its not fair..., boo hoo, its not fair, its going to hamper me and my chums ****king first time buyers in the ar$e with gazzumping and such like, there will no longer be a need for multiply surveys when sales fall through, its just not fair, sob sob...".

Case Dismissed...

HOLA446