House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

homeless

Villa Searched In Madeleine Hunt

Villa searched in Madeleine hunt

Fresh searches have begun at a villa close to the apartment where Madeleine McCann went missing.

Police have sealed off the house, known as Casa Liliana, 150 yards from the holiday complex in Praia da Luz, southern Portugal.

The BBC's correspondent Jane Hill, who is in the Algarve resort, said it was the first time a villa has been sealed off during the hunt.

Madeleine, from Rothley, Leicestershire, disappeared on 3 May.

Ms Hill said a police source had told the BBC that no-one had been arrested.

She said the single-storey villa was owned by a British woman.

At least one forensic officer has been seen at the property.

Searches had been scaled back in the area immediately around where Madeleine disappeared.

Resilience

Earlier, her parents Kate and Gerry McCann said they would not return home to the UK until she was found safe and well.

As the building was being searched, the British ambassador to Portugal, John Buck, spoke outside the resort.

He said the McCanns were showing "remarkable resilience and dignity in very distressing circumstances".

He also said there were "impressive resources" being devoted to the investigation by the Portuguese authorities.

"When I spoke to the chief investigating officer today he said that the collaboration between the Portuguese and British police was truly exceptional," Mr Buck added.

yes i know nothing to do with house prices.Lets pray everything turns out good

Guest d23
Villa searched in Madeleine hunt

Fresh searches have begun at a villa close to the apartment where Madeleine McCann went missing.

Police have sealed off the house, known as Casa Liliana, 150 yards from the holiday complex in Praia da Luz, southern Portugal.

The BBC's correspondent Jane Hill, who is in the Algarve resort, said it was the first time a villa has been sealed off during the hunt.

Madeleine, from Rothley, Leicestershire, disappeared on 3 May.

Ms Hill said a police source had told the BBC that no-one had been arrested.

She said the single-storey villa was owned by a British woman.

At least one forensic officer has been seen at the property.

Searches had been scaled back in the area immediately around where Madeleine disappeared.

Resilience

Earlier, her parents Kate and Gerry McCann said they would not return home to the UK until she was found safe and well.

As the building was being searched, the British ambassador to Portugal, John Buck, spoke outside the resort.

He said the McCanns were showing "remarkable resilience and dignity in very distressing circumstances".

He also said there were "impressive resources" being devoted to the investigation by the Portuguese authorities.

"When I spoke to the chief investigating officer today he said that the collaboration between the Portuguese and British police was truly exceptional," Mr Buck added.

yes i know nothing to do with house prices.Lets pray everything turns out good

good news, fingers crossed.........

Just seen some recent footage of this Robert Murat fella. I don't like him, he's an attention seeker. Reminds me a bit of Huntley. Just hope I'm wrong.

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/intelwhispers/intelmain.php

'January 15, 2007 -- British Home Secretary John Reid, a leading neo-con inside the Tony Blair government, is claiming that the failure to enter the arrests abroad of 27,500 Britons in the Police National Computer (PNC) was a serious mistake and he has vowed a review. However, our sources claim the failure to record the arrests of British citizens convicted of serious crimes abroad is more than just an error and a conscious effort by the Blair government to cover-up the activities of British sex offenders, including pedophiles, in places like Southeast Asia, Central America, and Eastern Europe. Some of those convicted have high-level political ties. Reid has claimed that no serious offenders were cleared for sensitive jobs.'

And there's more - if I can find it...

And what overwhelming evidence do they have to detain three people and ransack this guy's villa? A sunday mirror reporter said he looked suspicious.

Ok now, MANY sympathies for the childs parents and I DO HOPE she IS found!

But WHAT has happened to the UK??????

In the papers(front page)

Running Events

Millions being raised

Kids in their droves putting flowers on war memorials for gods sake

Celebs putting ads on tv

ACTUAL foreigners helping in the find of Madeline

Would this happen over here if it was a foreign child on holiday???

Is it me or am I in a dream?????

An english suspect is on the news...what remarks do we hear "He looks a bit dodgy????!?!?!!!!"

Endless amounts of soldiers killed in Iraq......we don't give a toss, we turn the news off

Remembrance Day......no one goes to ANY war memorials except the patriotic or relatives/colleagues who "remember"

BBC Reporters snatched and held abroad.......we don't "REALLY" care.......

Kidnapped US soldiers, nah, who cares.....

The point is WHY are we so emotively crowding around this child who obviously deserves to be found but why do we ignore those who equally are in similar if not WORSE dilemmas and not bother......they equally have families as well!!!!

And why the big emphasis from the media, are we as a population missing something that we need to focus on this?

And whats ALL the millions of pounds being raised for???? isn't this the police's job???

Moan over, I await the flack!

I see your point. It is truly sad what has happened, but yes allot of other children are dieing and being abused around the world. Maybe it does take this much media attention to make us even bat an eyelid these days.

You can watch people burn on tv, look at dead bodies piled high. Watch women cry for their dead husbands, see husbands cry for their dead children. Watch someone bleed. Still we do nothing as long as they are far enough away and look different enough. Not much seems to tug at the heart strings these days I think we're bombarded with so much death and destruction it seems the norm. If you actually bothered to read the newspapers (i don't) you must live in a constant state of worry and fear of death or it becomes like water off a ducks back.

You can only feel sympathy for the family at this time and i hope she is found safe and well.

But the amount of attention this story has had in the MAINSTREAM media i hope the "powers that be" are not using it for their hidden agenda which is fitting RFID chips in populations to control them. The sheeple might warm behind the idea if they dont locate the girl ie get your children chipped if they go missing we can locate them.

PROBLEM - Child goes missing/mainstream media hysteria

REACTION - Sheeple react by asking the "powers" that control them what can we do to stop this happening again

SOLUTION = Get your children chipped so they are easier to be tracked if they go missing.

Ok now, MANY sympathies for the childs parents and I DO HOPE she IS found!

The point is WHY are we so emotively crowding around this child who obviously deserves to be found but why do we ignore those who equally are in similar if not WORSE dilemmas and not bother......they equally have families as well!!!!

And why the big emphasis from the media, are we as a population missing something that we need to focus on this?

And whats ALL the millions of pounds being raised for???? isn't this the police's job???

Moan over, I await the flack!

There was a discussion on Radio 4 about this yesterday and your points were all made. The conclusion was that people need a sense of community to replace the loss of real neighbourliness and so latch on to any emotive story that they can relate to and can sympathise with.

This one they say has all the hallmarks of a Brothers Grimm tale - the bogeyman stealing children - and so brings out primal feelings. Daily reports of 40 or 50 deaths in an Iraqi roadside bomb - who cares after a while? The newspapers print what sells.

There was a discussion on Radio 4 about this yesterday and your points were all made. The conclusion was that people need a sense of community to replace the loss of real neighbourliness and so latch on to any emotive story that they can relate to and can sympathise with.

This one they say has all the hallmarks of a Brothers Grimm tale - the bogeyman stealing children - and so brings out primal feelings. Daily reports of 40 or 50 deaths in an Iraqi roadside bomb - who cares after a while? The newspapers print what sells.

Oh dear Lordy......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6661113.stm

Well, this is becoming more important than IRAQ, IRAN, WORLD EVENTS, BRITISH Hostages.........can the pedestal be raised even higher???

Gordon Brown Nose gets in on the act.

MP's at Westminster wearing yellow ribbons

Everton supporters holding up a banner... We want our Maddy back

Sky News interviewing children on the beach

Has everyone gone stark raving mad?

What is happening is mawkish in the extreme.

What next? Specially chartered jets, just like the Soham coaches, to visit the area.

I suppose there will be a big run on small teddy bears soon.

Pass the sick bag.

Has everyone gone stark raving mad?

What is happening is mawkish in the extreme.

What next? Specially chartered jets, just like the Soham coaches, to visit the area.

I suppose there will be a big run on small teddy bears soon.

Pass the sick bag.

The major factor in this is something the general public miss which has been blanketed from the desperation and the media............

The parents left their children ALONE to go off and have a good time in a bloody restaurent....you just wouldn't do that abroad, especially with Portugals track record!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can only feel sympathy for the family at this time and i hope she is found safe and well.

But the amount of attention this story has had in the MAINSTREAM media i hope the "powers that be" are not using it for their hidden agenda which is fitting RFID chips in populations to control them. The sheeple might warm behind the idea if they dont locate the girl ie get your children chipped if they go missing we can locate them.

PROBLEM - Child goes missing/mainstream media hysteria

REACTION - Sheeple react by asking the "powers" that control them what can we do to stop this happening again

SOLUTION = Get your children chipped so they are easier to be tracked if they go missing.

precisely.

I did mention on here a year or so ago,that such events would happen.

I touted the scenario of hospital baby-snatchings as one to really get people worried....so I wasn't far off the mark.

Couple this with the hysteria about identity theft from bins/computers and you have the pretext to get the chip and get your PC "protected" by the government.

I have every symapthy for the parents,they are probably inconsoleable at the moment,and I do hope the girl is found safe and well,but the media frenzy is too much.People have things like this happen here in the UK on a daily basis,so why make a political football out of it?

...get some proper enforcement in as a deterrent.

the Hi-tech stuff doesn't work if you don't have people looking after one another.

CCTV was supposed to be the panacea for cracking down on crime a decade ago....has it worked??

...nope,the goalposts have been moved so police don't report all the stuff they used to,to give the public the impression things are under control.

if they want to get tough on crime,they need to restore family values properly,and put the kybosh on these overly-agressive marketing techniques......THEY DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO DO IT!!!

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/intelwhispers/intelmain.php

'January 15, 2007 -- British Home Secretary John Reid, a leading neo-con inside the Tony Blair government, is claiming that the failure to enter the arrests abroad of 27,500 Britons in the Police National Computer (PNC) was a serious mistake and he has vowed a review. However, our sources claim the failure to record the arrests of British citizens convicted of serious crimes abroad is more than just an error and a conscious effort by the Blair government to cover-up the activities of British sex offenders, including pedophiles, in places like Southeast Asia, Central America, and Eastern Europe. Some of those convicted have high-level political ties. Reid has claimed that no serious offenders were cleared for sensitive jobs.'

And there's more - if I can find it...

I'm not surprised. Was it not John Reid who was arrested at gun point in Asbekistan for D&D?

Just seen some recent footage of this Robert Murat fella. I don't like him, he's an attention seeker. Reminds me a bit of Huntley. Just hope I'm wrong.

He must be guilty then. Hope you never do Jury duty.

Bet your mommy told you never to trust men with Beards didn't she?

He must be guilty then. Hope you never do Jury duty.

Bet your mommy told you never to trust men with Beards didn't she?

Well, there....we have it Jimothy!......the lynch brothers out for the kill....shows we still (well some dumbos) have the primitive foresight to be judge and jury on anyone the media brandishes a "possible" suspect.......If he was Black or Muslim....well, the sh1t would hit the fan!......The guy must be looking over his shoulder everytime hes out(maybe even his mother)????

Then gain we might see him pop up in HEAT magazine on the front cover next year........."I was nearly dissected by an angry mob of portugese butchers"

Looks like the Neanderthal Genome is still present in some of the human dna around the world......sad really...

Well, there....we have it Jimothy!......the lynch brothers out for the kill....shows we still (well some dumbos) have the primitive foresight to be judge and jury on anyone the media brandishes a "possible" suspect.......If he was Black or Muslim....well, the sh1t would hit the fan!......The guy must be looking over his shoulder everytime hes out(maybe even his mother)????

Then gain we might see him pop up in HEAT magazine on the front cover next year........."I was nearly dissected by an angry mob of portugese butchers"

Looks like the Neanderthal Genome is still present in some of the human dna around the world......sad really...

i have a pet theory,.

the neanderthals were the real noble race. thoughtful , intrelligent and above all non-violent.

along came psychotic homo sapiens and wiped them out.

and the psychotic homo sapiens have been running the show ever since.