House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Toastie

Uk Housing Prices Set To Weaken

I have noticed this past month or so alot of people are changing their views with regards to house prices. Not long ago it was " House prices will not drop, they will only go up or flatten out" Even the people I work with believed this. Now, more and more stories about hous prices falling, busting, crashing etc etc are coming out and it is changing people's sentiment.

Here is another story

UK housing prices set to weaken

There is also a Buy to let guy at work (don't like him atr all) anyway was chatting today and he was saying that he (a person who said house prices would nopt drop) actually believes that they are now on the verge of dropping and so he is putting the 5 he owns on the market this weekend for £10,000 less to ensure a speedy sale!

Thought this was interesting myself!

Richard

I have noticed this past month or so alot of people are changing their views with regards to house prices. Not long ago it was " House prices will not drop, they will only go up or flatten out" Even the people I work with believed this. Now, more and more stories about hous prices falling, busting, crashing etc etc are coming out and it is changing people's sentiment.

Here is another story

There is also a Buy to let guy at work (don't like him atr all) anyway was chatting today and he was saying that he (a person who said house prices would nopt drop) actually believes that they are now on the verge of dropping and so he is putting the 5 he owns on the market this weekend for £10,000 less to ensure a speedy sale!

Richard

Many have been doing it in yorkshire area for couple of months now.Loads of flats and btl houses come on the market.

Adding to the increasing "NO CHAIN" surplus we are seeing round the country and the "don't panic Mr Mainwaring" brigade . The so called experts were saying the BTL would hold the market up and their investments are long term.

Its Dunkirk all over again. "man the lifeboats"

I agree, sentiment is beginning to change.

Much more bearish media is having an effect.

A friend who bought a year ago and up until yesterday only ever came out with the same old bull mantra finally conceded that prices "in some areas" had begun to fall.

Another friend who I have personally witnessed use the classic line "house prices only ever go up" recently said that a friend of his (who he considers to be a good judge of such things) is now expecting prices to fall.

Only small things (perhaps should be in Anecdotals) but steps in the right direction.

Here is another story

Richard

Oh, :huh: , I thought BTL'rs were going to wait for the slide and buy more. :lol:

Dames