House Price Crash Forum
gfromls

Number Of Properties On Rightmove

...in the last 4 months!

i started monitoring rightmove on january 20th, there were 2547 properties for sale in leeds, now there's 3407.

now this could be the pre hip's rush, but 34% is huge.

we don't seem to really monitor this in the UK, but in the US the main focus of attention is the "unsold inventory" data, with many people acknoleging that the US market was in deep trouble before prices had actually started to fall - just because the unsold inventory was rising, and if i remember rightly the data at the time was only showing a 2-3% rise.

what would US analyst make of the 34% rise in four months?

...in the last 4 months!

i started monitoring rightmove on january 20th, there were 2547 properties for sale in leeds, now there's 3407.

we don't seem to really monitor this in the UK, but in the US the main focus of attention is the "unsold inventory" data, with many people acknoleging that the US market was in deep trouble before prices had actually started to fall - just because the unsold inventory was rising, and if i remember rightly the data at the time was only showing a 2-3% rise.

Just arrived back in the country and have been reading a lot of threads, my initial Que is Rightmove only gives the first 100 properties for sale and therefore I cannot judge the market move prior to buying in specific areas. Hlep

Just arrived back in the country and have been reading a lot of threads, my initial Que is Rightmove only gives the first 100 properties for sale and therefore I cannot judge the market move prior to buying in specific areas. Hlep

click more properties... at the bottom of the page.

I've been watching my post code since november 2006. They were fluctuating around 35 in november and there are 82 today. A couple of weeks ago they levelled off around 73 but are now on the up again. Just to mention i've set my search to properties under £120k. Dont worry folks the spring bounce is on its way.

Ho hang on a minute its May now. :lol:

Isn't Leeds one of the new build, 'luxury apartment', BTL capitals of the UK? Might be interesting to see how these BTL 'in it for the long term' investors behave when it starts looking a bit ropey. Or maybe that is exactly what we are seeing now.

What other cities match Leeds in these stakes? I've heard Cardiff and Liverpool have a bit of a glut of these 'investment developments'. I'm sure they'll make nice luxury accommodation for LA tenants pretty soon. Pity any poor sod who bought one to live in!!

I've been doing the same thing in my area (North East London/ Essex borders) since mid February to now; inventory on Rightmove has now increased by 30%. A lot of property has been stuck for 6 months plus, some have reduced their asking prices but still haven't had any success.

This is prime commuter belt for the City (20 mins on the tube).

With so little selling I struggle to believe that Estate Agents are currently raking it in.

I noticed it was up to 895,000 today.

Also there is a link - top right - asking for your opinion , on the suggestions question I went for.

1. 'Reduced' price tags , including initial asking price.

2. A link for 'Chain free only' properties.

Dames

...in the last 4 months!

now 41% more than jan 20th (3577) - an extra 7% in the last 11 days!

You want to combine by multiplying really, not by adding, and you want to factor in MIRAS. Here's my graph, posted a little while ago, of Monthly repayments on a base rate mortgage on an average house - it's deflated by RPI not by wages, if anyone has reliable wage inflation index figures I'm happy to do that.

We're at Green.

population : 726,939

housing stock : 300,000?

1.19% of leeds is on rightmove, seems low to me, in most towns 3->5% is on the market at any one time....

the amount of flats being built in leeds is amazing - they are all mostly empty and a rip off - a friend had a look at one - £600 a month for a tiny one bed flat - way higher than most other places in leeds.

a lot of developers are going to lose a lot of money - there simply isn't the demand for that many flats.

Guest grumpy-old-man
...in the last 4 months!

I have noticed my area has gone up significantly, using my eyes. Lots of "New Price" & "New this Week" :lol::lol:

but I will tell you what is even more telling, when I search on rightmove for rented property, within 5 miles of my area, use my old postcode to try: WF4 5QR. This has changed within the last month or so.

The amount of flats appartments :rolleyes: & new build semis has gone up very dramatically. Just look at the amount of rents on that waterside block :o

Now is this because it's just been finished ? regardless, just check out the rent differential between some of the flats. I didn't see any penthouse ones on there.

When we came back from France last year every property in Ossett & Horbury areas were gone within 1 week, days usually. Now we are seeing properties still advertiseing for tenants after 3 months ;)

oh dear, I wonder what could be happening ;)

edited.

Edited by grumpy-old-man

population : 726,939

housing stock : 300,000?

1.19% of leeds is on rightmove, seems low to me, in most towns 3->5% is on the market at any one time....

depends which way you look at it, the population of Leeds itself is about 400,000 but the LS postcode stretches miles out of town. the houses on rightmove seem to be in the the immediate Leeds area.

the 700,000 (and 300,000 houses) figure includes places like Ilkley and Wetherby but they don't appear on rightmove (when searching for Leeds).

I noticed it was up to 895,000 today.

Also there is a link - top right - asking for your opinion , on the suggestions question I went for.

1. 'Reduced' price tags , including initial asking price.

2. A link for 'Chain free only' properties.

Dames

And for the rental search on Rightmove, I also suggest the options of :

1) No 'newbie' Buy-To-Let Rentals

2) Landlords willing to negotiate the rent (downwards)

3) 'Newbie' but-to-let rentals only if they will sell the property to you at at least 30% less than they paid for it.

Rightmove periodically gives statistics for the number of properties on the site - for March it was 875,000.

RM and Findaproperty.com are consistent in establishing the fact that supply is increasing. Although, for reasons of which we are by now all aware, the Neithers prefer to hang onto the EA claim that a shortage of property is driving inflation ever higher.

FaP have added hundreds of new properties since this morning:

Search 335,473 properties for sale and rent from 5,970 estate agents
NOON today
Search 335,119 properties for sale and rent from 5971 estate agents 26th May
7:44 a.m. today

The neithers will say that the number of EAs has to be divided by the number of properties but as we can see this spin does not work as the number of EAs reporting has declined while the number of listings has risen dramatically. Thus, the increase it not the result of FaP contracting with a constant flow of new EAs. Obvious but hard to accept by certain neithers.

BTW--not too many bulls around these days?

Edited by Realistbear

Guest d23
the Neithers prefer to hang onto the EA claim that a shortage of property is driving inflation ever higher

can you point me in the direction of any post where I said there was a shortage of property?

you can't because I haven't, and I very much doubt wrongmove has either.

your figures above show a rise of properties per agent from 56.12 to a mammoth 56.19

p.s. what are your thoughts on the 70% drop in properties in your bellweather of Walton over the last year?

can you point me in the direction of any post where I said there was a shortage of property?

you can't because I haven't, and I very much doubt wrongmove has either.

your figures above show a rise of properties per agent from 56.12 to a mammoth 56.19

p.s. what are your thoughts on the 70% drop in properties in your bellweather of Walton over the last year?

Yes it's a mystery. It's almost as if it were Spring, and some new regulation was about to become law which would increase costs for sellers. Very strange.

...in the last 4 months!

...in the last 4 months!

Crawley, W.sussex - all props within 5 mile radius, 31 Oct 05 to 26 May 07.

Rental / For Sale stocks not up to Autumn 2005 levels, but the ramp up from start of 2007 to today looks like something new (when you compare seasonal variations in 2006)

crawley_rightmove_Oct_05_May_07.gif

post-3573-1180213732_thumb.jpg

make that 43% (3648)........ an extra 2% in 24 hours.

now 46% (3720) .... and it looks like it's more than just the pre hips rush, hip's were put back on may 22nd, there were 3514 properties for sale in leeds, now there's 3720 - up 6% in a week - with no more hip's excuse.

I have noticed my area has gone up significantly, using my eyes. Lots of "New Price" & "New this Week" :lol::lol:

but I will tell you what is even more telling, when I search on rightmove for rented property, within 5 miles of my area, use my old postcode to try: WF4 5QR. This has changed within the last month or so.

The amount of flats appartments :rolleyes: & new build semis has gone up very dramatically. Just look at the amount of rents on that waterside block :o

Now is this because it's just been finished ? regardless, just check out the rent differential between some of the flats. I didn't see any penthouse ones on there.

When we came back from France last year every property in Ossett & Horbury areas were gone within 1 week, days usually. Now we are seeing properties still advertiseing for tenants after 3 months ;)

oh dear, I wonder what could be happening ;)

edited.

I think that whole development is for rent. Crazy. Any idea how much these flats cost to buy?

RM and Findaproperty.com are consistent in establishing the fact that supply is increasing. Although, for reasons of which we are by now all aware, the Neithers prefer to hang onto the EA claim that a shortage of property is driving inflation ever higher.

FaP have added hundreds of new properties since this morning:

Search 335,473 properties for sale and rent from 5,970 estate agents
NOON today
Search 335,119 properties for sale and rent from 5971 estate agents 26th May
7:44 a.m. today

The neithers will say that the number of EAs has to be divided by the number of properties but as we can see this spin does not work as the number of EAs reporting has declined while the number of listings has risen dramatically. Thus, the increase it not the result of FaP contracting with a constant flow of new EAs. Obvious but hard to accept by certain neithers.

BTW--not too many bulls around these days?

:blink:

There is no question in your example above that the number of properties has increased. It is logical mathematics and nobody will argue that.

However, all your previous postings on FaP stats have still been completely blinkered. Well done on finally finding 1 stat which shows a marginal increase in properties per estate agent rather than just more estate agents joining the site. It took you a very very very long time but you have finally done it :rolleyes:

now 46% (3720) .... and it looks like it's more than just the pre hips rush, hip's were put back on may 22nd, there were 3514 properties for sale in leeds, now there's 3720 - up 6% in a week - with no more hip's excuse.

49% (3788)