House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Oscar_Goldman

Fao Lazy Journalists - Re Using 'doom Merchants'

Please have a think about whether people who want more realistic property prices are 'doom merchants'

Here's some points you mght like to consider

- Is the fact that property has tripled in value a good thing? Why?

- Is paying a massive amount of money to a bank for the rest of your life a good thing?

- Are huge amounts of debt good for our economy?

- If houses become more and more expensive who is going to buy them?

The people who visit this site know that property no longer provides good value and the drive to get on the 'property ladder' is causing misery and destroying our quality of life in the UK. As for Buy To Let the cornerstone of a strong economy isn't renting houses to each other.

If a ship is sinking and someone tells you to get to a lifeboat - would that make them a doom merchant?

Edited by Oscar_Goldman

EDIT: I stand corrected. Looks like the comments alternate each time you refresh.

Comments are appearing and disappearing on the comments page of Anne Ashworth's 'doom merchants' and 'gloom mongers' article.

The first one saying 'Fair arcticle, but I must object to the use of gloom mongers for those wishing for a correction' has gone.

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life...icle1741662.ece

This has now appeared...

"Dear Anne... hope you are reading this blog.... what do you and this well-versed-in-finance estate agent mean, exactly???

if there is a possibility that the value goes up to 1.65 next month you should wait next month, but if you do so you carry the risk the price does not rise, so if you discount appropriately you get back to today's price of 1.35! Guess what... prices today fully reflect expectations of tomorrow.

I have one word of advice for you and the estate agents... JUST LIMIT YOUR OPINION TO BUILDING CONSERVATORIES AND REFURBISHING KITCHENS AND LEAVE FINANCE TO PROFESSIONALS. MIND ABOUT THE COLOUR OF THE TILES BUT DO NOT VENTURE INTO FIELDS YOU KNOW TOO LITTLE ABOUT

Michele, Richmond, UK"

Edited by Turnbull2000

EDIT: I stand corrected. Looks like the comments alternate each time you refresh.

Comments are appearing and disappearing on the comments page of Anne Ashworth's 'doom merchants' and 'gloom mongers' article.

The first one saying 'Fair arcticle, but I must object to the use of gloom mongers for those wishing for a correction' has gone.

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life...icle1741662.ece

This has now appeared...

"Dear Anne... hope you are reading this blog.... what do you and this well-versed-in-finance estate agent mean, exactly???

if there is a possibility that the value goes up to 1.65 next month you should wait next month, but if you do so you carry the risk the price does not rise, so if you discount appropriately you get back to today's price of 1.35! Guess what... prices today fully reflect expectations of tomorrow.

I have one word of advice for you and the estate agents... JUST LIMIT YOUR OPINION TO BUILDING CONSERVATORIES AND REFURBISHING KITCHENS AND LEAVE FINANCE TO PROFESSIONALS. MIND ABOUT THE COLOUR OF THE TILES BUT DO NOT VENTURE INTO FIELDS YOU KNOW TOO LITTLE ABOUT

Michele, Richmond, UK"

Damn, that was mine. Why does it only display one reply at a time, anyway? It's 'Alexandria from Sheffield' now... :angry:

I find that article pretty amusing,

Oh fiddle sticks Tarquin wont be attending eton then. If the old boys clubs can't beat HPI there's no hope for us. When they live without any area to call their own I may feel a little sympathy.

But the government are far more likely to respond to pressure from the chattering upper classes than us.

Edited by Ipodjunky