House Price Crash Forum

For some reason i have a hunch that most of the bears were born up north...

I would disagree. And I don't see that there is any correlation between where you are born and where you live now. I was born in the SW now live in London. The fact that I live in London is much more relevant than the fact that I was born in the SW when it comes to my view on house prices.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I was born on a freezing snowy January morning in an air raid shelter in the garden.

Five minutes after arriving that nice man Hitler landed one of his V1 rockets 500 yards from the house in East London and blew out the windows. Never found out what I done to upset him. :(

I was born on a freezing snowy January morning in an air raid shelter in the garden.

Five minutes after arriving that nice man Hitler landed one of his V1 rockets 500 yards from the house in East London and blew out the windows. Never found out what I done to upset him. :(

[/quote

My dad slept through a blitz that destroyed a nearby street in Stepney Green.

My mum , whilst pregnant, carried me up to Scotland . Get's confusing after that.

Errr.....MT, has it ever occurred to you that people are born every day OUTSIDE of the United Kingdon? :rolleyes:  Jeez, talk about limited worldview or what, you could at least have put an "Other" or "Rest of the world" option on the end.

Yep.... I was really trying to find out how many of the HPC people are stingy northerners, the orginal poll was two options 'northerner/scotland' or elsewhere. I wasnt really interested in the rest of the world :P

I was born oop north, but have lived in London for many years. Not sure my bearishness has much to do with being northern, more to do with seeing barmy prices in London, and their unsustainability. Where London leads the rest of country tends to follow, both up the hill and down again....

Does it really make alot of difference where anyone was born?

People at all corners of the UK are feeling the effects of the ridiculous house price inflation of the last few years, and as a result people all across the UK are (slowly) waking up the fact that big changes are ahead! I dont think that any "stingyness" based on sterotypes have or will influence people staying away from buying property. The prices are just plain unreasonable, regardless of ones freeness to spend money.