House Price Crash Forum

190k For This Designer Shoebox?

Is the word "designer" here a codeword for "so incredibly ****ing small you can have a shit, shower and cook a meal all at the same time"?

The bit I liked the best was "Abito apartments will be lower in price than most city center one-bedroom apartments".

I should hope so and in fact a hell of a lot more, they are tiny, I think the apartment in the original post wasn't too bad size wise and I can even see how it might be cool living in an Abito apartment, but not and I repeat not at anything like the money they cost. The Abito for example would have to be £30k - £35k ish for me to think it was anything like worth it.

Don't want to be crude apart from the fact you couldn't have anybody round to dinner, but imagine you could and your new girlfriends parents came round, just before you serve up you go for a quick dump, you had curry last night and its a realyl smelly one.

The should change the strap line to "Abito a breath of fresh air in the housing market (if you include the seperate toilet option pack).

Don't want to be crude apart from the fact you couldn't have anybody round to dinner, but imagine you could and your new girlfriends parents came round, just before you serve up you go for a quick dump, you had curry last night and its a realyl smelly one.

That's disgusting. What on earth made you want to say something as stupid and vulgar as that ??

The bit I liked the best was "Abito apartments will be lower in price than most city center one-bedroom apartments".

The Abito for example would have to be £30k - £35k ish for me to think it was anything like worth it.

They would be ideal at that price. Say you worked away from home they would make a cost-effective alternative to a hotel. Nice idea, crazy prize.

That's disgusting. What on earth made you want to say something as stupid and vulgar as that ??

Get off your high horse SUARA. Gilf has made a very good point: in those flats (really they are small even for bedsits) there is absoluely no privacy or room for any kind of life apart from the"poverty-stricken artist warming his gruel over a hesitant fire"-type Dickensian misery. Let's face it, there are cells in Wormwood Scrubs that are bigger than those Abito "apartments".

Gilf has made a very good point: in those flats (really they are small even for bedsits) there is absoluely no privacy or room for any kind of life apart from the"poverty-stricken artist warming his gruel over a hesitant fire"-type Dickensian misery. Let's face it, there are cells in Wormwood Scrubs that are bigger than those Abito "apartments".

"just before you serve up you go for a quick dump, you had curry last night and its a realyl smelly one."

What, and you really think that that is an appropriate way to convey the size of these appartments ??

ZZG113 ?? Are you serious ??

Get off your high horse SUARA. Gilf has made a very good point: in those flats (really they are small even for bedsits) there is absoluely no privacy or room for any kind of life apart from the"poverty-stricken artist warming his gruel over a hesitant fire"-type Dickensian misery. Let's face it, there are cells in Wormwood Scrubs that are bigger than those Abito "apartments".

C'mon ZZ it could have been put a bit nicer than that and still conveyed the same message, (nothing personal) but for other users reading this site it is a bit low even if comical.

QUOTE(zzg113 @ Jan 17 2005, 03:04 PM)

C'mon ZZ it could have been put a bit nicer than that and still conveyed the same message, (nothing personal) but for other users reading this site it is a bit low even if comical.

Yes but problems like toilet smells are real life if you live there, so it is not so comical if you have to worry about stuff like that! Imagine inviting the boss over to dinner (does this happen? always heard people say they do but why?)

That's disgusting.  What on earth made you want to say something as stupid and vulgar as that ??

My apologies to you, I didn't mean to offend.

Still stand by what I said however. What made me say it was I couldn't believe they expected you basically to open a cupboard and use it as toilet, that made me think of the reality of life which (unless you are some as yet undiscovered organism) means that your body will get rid of all of the waste products it has from the food you have ingested. This is something I would'nt normally do within 3 foot of my dinning table.