House Price Crash Forum

The "sale Agreed" Sign Thief Is Back!

HOLA441
HOLA442
The bungalow at the end of our street said "SALE AGREED", now two days later it's "FOR SALE" again. Must be a record!

We've got a house up the way from us that has gone 'Sold' three times in the last 7 months. The board outside has Sold on it at the moment but it's been there for ages now.

I'm waiting for it to change to a For Sale again! LOL!

HOLA443
HOLA444
The bungalow at the end of our street said "SALE AGREED", now two days later it's "FOR SALE" again. Must be a record!

Yep loads of these here too, we even had two opposite each other do the same SOLD then FOR SALE again.

Our local Charles Church development will be doing the same soon, once a few more mugs have been suckered in, all the off plan sold ones bought by the builders themselves will be filtered back in to the For Sale list, a simple tax dodging exercise designed to make it look as if plenty have Sold. :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA445

The overpriced ex council sh1tbox, 2 up 2 down with no garden front or rear going for 190k in Norwich has lost its sign.

I guess they realised the price is embarassing and any reduction would have to be massive. Best keep it off for a month then put it back on for 2/3d's the price and pretend nothing ever happened.

HOLA446
The overpriced ex council sh1tbox, 2 up 2 down with no garden front or rear going for 190k in Norwich has lost its sign.

I guess they realised the price is embarassing and any reduction would have to be massive. Best keep it off for a month then put it back on for 2/3d's the price and pretend nothing ever happened.

We've got plenty of that around here. The only difference is they've usually slapped another £75k on top, even though it didn't sell 2 months previously at the old price!

HOLA447

Just checked my searches on right move and the figures have levelled off for a couple of weeks but are on the rise again now. I've also put a top price of 120k so even if prices are still climbing there is an increase in properties for sale under 120k. Rising prices and more coming on the market, perfect recipe. ;)

HOLA448
Just checked my searches on right move and the figures have levelled off for a couple of weeks but are on the rise again now. I've also put a top price of 120k so even if prices are still climbing there is an increase in properties for sale under 120k. Rising prices and more coming on the market, perfect recipe. ;)

TO LET= TOILET (with the help of a marker pen!) :ph34r::lol:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Seriously, I done a little reading on this last year.

I got back from holiday last year and there's a great big 'Let by W@nkers EA's' sign on my nextdoors adjoining wall. In passing, I says to my neighbours, "You moving out?", Them: "No, the EA's have just stuck this sign on the wall for no reason". This sign, does cast a vast shadow in the living room and blocks light so it's unnesessarily imposing given that its not actually doing anything...other than advertising W@nkers EA. I phone them (the EA) to find out why they put the board up, and I can't get through, lines engaged. Now I'm getting angry. :angry:

I goes on the internet and finds out from the law* that EA's cannot stick 'Let By' or 'Sold' boards up unless they are replacing 'To let' and 'For Sale' boards. And even if they do, they are limited to only 14 days.

Thats it, Bomber out on a mission!!! Goes out and rips sign off wall. Puts sign behind wall laid down. Job done.

I know its childish and that its not clever, but it did give me immense satisfaction. :lol:

* Can't find the link, but its out there somewhere. ;)

HOLA4413

Seeing more signs with "For Sale & To Let" on them, in fact a friend of mine has just rented a 2 bed new build for £650 pm it was on sale for £160,000 the vendor told the agents, if you can't sell it rent it out.

Reminds me a few years back in the early 90's when estate agents were having a hard time getting business, their trick was to drive around with a few sold by and let by boards and put them up outside blocks of flats, free advertising and the people that lived there all thought it was another flat that was sold, and made them think the market was moving. In fact nothing was selling at all.

HOLA4414

Cameron if ya listening......

Great new Tax...

Estate Agents Board Tax

Charge them 100 quid to register each board they put up...

New job creation for Estate Agent Advertising Autority

they'll still pay it I'm sure

HOLA4415

I have been mining data from FindAProperty.com and have seen quite a trend for Sale Agreed STC propeties and Under Offer properties to return back to market. I have posted the data from one of my areas (Chester + 20 miles) into a spreadsheet and will upload it here. However, some key information is detailed below:

• There were 1946 properties available on 17/3/07 and on 19/4/07 there were 2911
  • Of the 1946, 1532 are still available. 237 have simply been withdrawn without explanation.
  • Only 3 have been advertised as sold (well... it is less than five weeks so that makes sense)
  • 78 are Sale Agreed and 98 Under Offer
  • The available properties have been increased by 1559 new properties on the website
  • And 45 Sale Agreed STC and Under Offer properties have also returned to market.

You don't need to have too much knowledge to see that there is a whole pile of property coming to market. Some of this must have been caused by the recent IR rises, and there are more rate rises to come it seems.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Just had one of my braincells become active

My brother is a sign writter.

I can print some OVERPRICED or RIP OFF stickes for you to stuck on estate agents boards

PM if you want some

:lol:

Awsome - if anyone does this (or finds a link where "someone" does ;) ) please post a picture