B B C 10 O'clock News

HOLA441
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Yay! Just seen the report, nice work Financial Planner.

Seems strange seeing such bearish sentiment mentioned in the main stream press. I imagine there are a few bull bumholes twitching seeing a site they have tried so hard to supress mentioned on... gulp... TV.

agreed FP came across well and that tw*t from the ideal home show (or whatever it was) came across like he was sweating it; his responses were childlike and the editing inbetween comments made him look even more foolish.

measured non sensationlist reporting from the BBC; good stuff

how has anyone tried to 'supress' HPC.com btw?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
FP came across superbly. Well done.

The bloke ramping property was made to look a fool. "House Prices Only Ever Go Up" said he. Except when they come down said Mr Davis of the BBC.

Good to see the 1970s 33% fall (in real terms) mentioned too!

Didn't last long though , but short and sweet still :) . That tool at the exhibition was just a pathetic VI , another stand there was selling properties in .............Morroco , pmsl :lol: . Well done FP obviously they cut you down to just a few seconds but i'm sure it unnerved some of the sheeple out there .

HOLA447
HOLA448

:):):)

Excellent behaviour!!!! Well done FP!! Even the word "Depression" was used in the report, and the sight of a home priced at £23,000!!!

OK, this was referring back to the 70's, but, it all helps. Watch the number of site hits go up like HPI!!!!

Very pleased to see this. Evan's closing words about "being prepared" will strike fear into quite a few people I'm sure.

GT.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Could hardly believe my eyes watching this - especially as the wife was watching as well!! Given that I am convinced it is only sentiment sustaining prices I really do think this reporting will have a real effect - watch the talk of a crash become a self-fullfilling prophesy. Bet the VIs will still end up blaming the intro of HIPs as I reckon Jun/Jul will just be about time for the market to head soouth!

HOLA4413
The big - nay huge - question is - HAS ANYONE DIGIRECORDED IT?

That was absolutely brilliant stuff!. I think they usually put up the 10 oclock news on the website an hour or so after broadcast so it can be watched again and downloaded. ;)

AArgh the website keeps crashing. Oh well.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
AArgh the website keeps crashing. Oh well.

Please - everyone - email Fubra (the owners) that they really f'ed up allowing the best advert ever to be their worst advert by crashing.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Please - everyone - email Fubra (the owners) that they really f'ed up allowing the best advert ever to be their worst advert by crashing.

Fubra are working on the servers as we speak. Hopefully after this they will be able to beef them up a bit to cope with media spikes like this.

HOLA4419
Fubra are working on the servers as we speak. Hopefully after this they will be able to beef them up a bit to cope with media spikes like this.

Ah good one. I didn't realise Fubra didn't know the spike was going to happen... FFS!!! :angry:

HOLA4420
Guest Charlie The Tramp
Woohoo 10 o clock news baby! Bare with us guys while we try to keep the site up under the load.

I see you were ready and waiting for the rush PaulM as soon as the interview was over. Well Done. ;)

HOLA4421
I see you were ready and waiting for the rush PaulM as soon as the interview was over. Well Done. ;)

In what way did they prove they were ready? And what is it well done for?

HOLA4422

Good stuff FP - you came across as the more knowledgeable one, the VI ramper sounded like a rambling fool in comparison! 'Interest rates are ... lowish' ha ha, and not lowish for much longer! He might be staying awake at night wishing he hadn't bought all them properties, not wondering why he hasn't bought more.

HOLA4423
Interviewed a teacher FTB saying how unfair it all was.

What did the teacher find unfair? Cast iron job security, final salary pension scheme, 10 weeks paid leave a year, unlimited sick leave?

Dont tell me, the little cherub also wanted a nice house to be worth £50k as well?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425