House Price Crash Forum
Killer Bunny

B B C 10 O'clock News

Many thanks

I downloaded the 3ivx thing and then the houseprices.uk.net article and they work. How do I save the article to my hard drive? When I saved target as and tried to open it it appeared as an attachment to an email. :blink: Can it not be a WMP file which can be saved stand alone? Why is it held at hp.uk.net?

Really appreciate everyone's help in this. Pls remember I, for one, am absolutely not techie.

OK. I've uploaded the BBC wmv (WMP) clip to a file hosting site. Click the link below and in the red bit, you have the option to download the file. When you click 'download' choose to save it to your hardrive (rather than opening it).

http://www.tradebit.com/get/1728276

It's just over 4Mb so it's not huge.

OK. I've uploaded the BBC wmv (WMP) clip to a file hosting site. Click the link below and in the red bit, you have the option to download the file. When you click 'download' choose to save it to your hardrive (rather than opening it).

http://www.tradebit.com/get/1728276

It's just over 4Mb so it's not huge.

Can someone tell me how to get my PC to show clips like this properly - I get the sound okay, but the picture is in psychadelic colours. I havent loaded any particular software - it's just windows media player. I've found this problem with other videos.

Can someone tell me how to get my PC to show clips like this properly - I get the sound okay, but the picture is in psychadelic colours. I havent loaded any particular software - it's just windows media player. I've found this problem with other videos.

If the colours consist of squares and stripes it could be your graphic chip. Or it could be the codec that the origional immage is recorded with is not supported. Im speaking from my own experience and am not a PC doctor.

Sorry, i have no actual solution.

Its the (lack of) video decoders installed into Windows Media Player. I suggest using VLC instead of Windows Media Player. Its great and its free - download it from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Top stuff FP.

By the way, please e-mail at work. We went to lunch with the wemaster last week, tried to ask you and your email rejected.

LAST AND BEST THING, before I saw this thread, I played golf with an old mate today, he said that he "saw some bloke on the news saying prices will fall 25% the other night, but I am not sure I believe him." People take note, I know first hand now! I laughed out loud when I watched it tonight and put two and two together, i.e. you and him.

I shall e-mail him tomorrow and say I know you. That will freak him out!!!!

I shall e-mail him tomorrow and say I know you. That will freak him out!!!!

Magic!!! :lol:

Tell him you've also been i/ved on the telly about the impending hpc.

FP,

Just seen the footage. Very well done.

You have real courage. Are you regarded as a maverick in financial circles or do they all really know what happens next?

How on earth did this feature come about? It simply is massive. The media have turned, we just await the tanker to do likewise...................

FP,

Just seen the footage. Very well done.

You have real courage. Are you regarded as a maverick in financial circles or do they all really know what happens next?

How on earth did this feature come about? It simply is massive. The media have turned, we just await the tanker to do likewise...................

Yep, all we need is for the Express and Mail to ignore Rightmove's figures and we're there... <_<

Yep, all we need is for the Express and Mail to ignore Rightmove's figures and we're there... <_<

Well, if they highlight them in the right way, ie: 'RISING HOUSEPRICES CAUSING MISERY FOR MILLIONS', it'll be a good thing. If they resort to their usual speil of 'HOMEOWNERS GLEE AS UK ENJOYS FURTHER HOUSE PRICE BOOM...', it'll be a bad thing. <_<

Are you regarded as a maverick in financial circles or do they all really know what happens next?

Yep. Nope. Financial institutions are the biggest VIs there are and financial advisers (sic!) don't know anything.

How on earth did this feature come about?

Evan sought HPC out.

No

Is he even bearish?

What happened at the Beeb that this bearish article slipped out on the main news?

Is he even bearish?

What happened at the Beeb that this bearish article slipped out on the main news?

He knows prices are crazy but last week he couldn’t bring himself to say to me that they will fall. I tell you though –his TV piece was more bearish than when he started talking to me…!

As Wikipedia says he decides on tone of economic content on BBC... Watch this space.

OMG! :o

Why, will you now find it difficult to take him seriously as you imagine him dressed in bondage and biker leather sipping Chablis with his French landscape architect partner? I wonder what else goes on in the Dragons Den :unsure: ..shudder...:D