House Price Crash Forum

Interest Rate Decision Held At 5.25%...

HOLA441
Excellent news.

No one really wants a house price crash do they? Not really. It's all very well pontificating on a website for a bit of harmless fun. But it's not serious is it?

I suspect that some of the priced out generation may beg to differ...

TD

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Why should the BoE rate matter anyhow? The banks price loans in line with their perception of risk. If they perceive a high risk of default and house price falls they will demand a higher rate from the borrower.

you must be wrong! or a bank manager would just lend himself a £billion at 0% interest, or the government would get a couple £trillion at 0.000000000001% interest.

HOLA443
It started to fall fairly quickly at 12 down to 1.967 when I sold a few dollars but now back up to 1.973

Like I said, this is not a linear relationship.

The £ is I think being largely driven by speculation and in no small part the debt bubble itself sucking in more and more funds into housing related assets either directly or indirectly. A strong " and rampant HPI seem to go hand in hand. Either that or the market is getting convinced the longer the BOE hold off the higher rates are going to have to go. At the moment the high £ itself is masking a growing potenital for imported inflation, when it unwinds the numbers will be horrific (well the relaity will even if the numbers don't tally).

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
It's high time this madness came to an end..

Have just sent an angry email to the Bank of England!

Suggest we all do the same??

enquiries@bankofengland.co.uk

Lets do something and not just sit on our ars*s. Revolution is in the air!!!

sent

why is the BOE sitting on their hands with inflation so high

even the corrupt government figures show you are at lest 40% over the target of 2%

spam them :lol::P:P:lol::lol:

HOLA447
I really don't think it's an appropriate time to knock one out!

:lol:

Turning Japanese Title of 1980 hit record by The Vapors, with a rhythm said to be suitable for masturbation. Title is a reference to the contorted face typical of a guy about to blow his load after a good tommy. The lyrics apparently tell the story of a guy in jail *****ing over a picture of his girl.

HPI is on the vinegars...and I'm not talking the Nigella-style Balsamic here. Exhaustion climax anyone?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I'd prefer a recession now, rather than a depression in a few years time

Wouldn't you truly prefer periods of low growth (1 - 2%) followed by periods of higher growth (3 - 4%)?

Do you want to be unemployed or is that fate reserved for somebody else?

HOLA4413
sent

why is the BOE sitting on their hands with inflation so high

even the corrupt government figures show you are at lest 40% over the target of 2%

spam them :lol::P:P:lol::lol:

Don't worry, the corrupt figures are coming down to hover just above 2% later this year

Lucky they didn't go to war with Iran, oil prices would have gone up and the changes they make in the CPI basket would have been obvious to all

HOLA4414
Wouldn't you truly prefer periods of low growth (1 - 2%) followed by periods of higher growth (3 - 4%)?

In a recession what are the chances of losing your job? Probably only about 1/10

Most of us would be happy to take that risk. Some sectors are more vulnerable than others (and I suspect you are in one of the more vulnerable, old bean!).

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Frankly, when you're running in order to stand still and yet your take home pay is still not enough to put a secure* roof over your head, I should imagine that there are quite a few posters on here that would welcome the time off!

*Renting is still cheaper than buying, but invariably AST's do not offer the security that owning your own home does.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Maybe but if it wasn't housing it would be something else. Bet you're glad you weren't 20 years old in 1914 or 1939.

You bet ya. As for something else unlikely as this one is cutting into every aspect of peoples lives and society. Maybe free Ipods for all?

Edited by Ipodjunky

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Frankly, when you're running in order to stand still and yet your take home pay is still not enough to put a secure* roof over your head, I should imagine that there are quite a few posters on here that would welcome the time off!

*Renting is still cheaper than buying, but invariably AST's do not offer the security that owning your own home does.

That depends on whether you can afford the mortgage repayments

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest Bart of Darkness
Great post, but it lacks the essential ingredients of logic and coherence.

That's our cells for you.

HOLA4425