House Price Crash Forum

Land Registry - Wales -3.9% In February

HOLA441
HOLA442

Interesting, lets hope so.

I just requested to increase the price of my property for sale with an agent as "property had increased 9% in the last year" Ha ha.

I was told by the Eastern European agent in broken english that "prices were coming down and you give me your key" !

I was shocked and said that surely they can only ever go up and as such I want to put mine up as that's what houses do and NO you can't have the key!

Later her boss phoned back and said she shouldn't have said that and "no they weren't going down but had reached a level".

Level eh, that sounds like capitulation to me.

Hmmmm no bonus for that not so local lady this month.

HOLA443
Interesting, lets hope so.

I just requested to increase the price of my property for sale with an agent as "property had increased 9% in the last year" Ha ha.

I was told by the Eastern European agent in broken english that "prices were coming down and you give me your key" !

I was shocked and said that surely they can only ever go up and as such I want to put mine up as that's what houses do and NO you can't have the key!

Later her boss phoned back and said she shouldn't have said that and "no they weren't going down but had reached a level".

Level eh, that sounds like capitulation to me.

Hmmmm no bonus for that not so local lady this month.

Change Estate Agents pronto! I can't believe you are still marketing with them. There is an internet estate agent that charges no sign up fee and 0.75% commision on a sale. They are a proper estate agent and advertise on all the major estate agent sites on the net.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Change Estate Agents pronto! I can't believe you are still marketing with them. There is an internet estate agent that charges no sign up fee and 0.75% commision on a sale. They are a proper estate agent and advertise on all the major estate agent sites on the net.

Yes they are astonishingly incompetent just 2 days after the Shock interest rate rise I asked them if they thought it would deter people they said "Yes interest rates are supposed to go up soon" What! don't you talk about such relevant things in the office they went up 2 days ago, shocked the city? "Oh we only sell them here".

Then when they bring someone for a viewing they ask me "how many bedrooms does it have" and "Is that your parking driveway" ?

It would be nice if they could read the details first and not send a couple looking for a 2 bed bungalow to view a house!

Well they do employ cheap foreign imports.

HOLA449

the balance is slowly tipping

I have not seen this make the news though

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6506059.stm

However, the latest survey from the Land Registry found that house price inflation in England and Wales had picked up.

It said that in February prices rose by 1%, pushing the annual rate of inflation up to 8.5% - the highest rate for almost two years.

According to its calculations the average selling price in England and Wales is now £177,099.

Prices are rising fastest in London, it reported, where they are now 11.3% higher than a year ago

Ah - the Beeb has a HPI slant again - no mention of other regions declining

HOLA4410