House Price Crash Forum

More Properties On The Market?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Is it just me or are there suddenly a lot more properties on the market....(Middlesex)

not in Bristol, in fact i just had a shock as in the last few moths i've been keeping an eye on how many properties are for sale for £150k and less and it's gone from 1200 properties to just over 500 :o

HOLA444

There are loads for sale where I am, which kind of goes against what the estate agents have been saying. 2-3 years ago they sold so quick they couldn't fill a double page spread with the properties, now they have to pick and choose which ones appear in the news paper and some have been forsale for so long they dont bother to advertise them anymore.

HOLA445
I'm seeing a lot more properties on where I live (and they've all moved up in price) but a hell of a lot less rental properties (except for flats- loads of them)

I'm looking for a new rental and it is shocking what people ask...£2000 for a 4 bed not even double glassed, 1800 for a 3 bed bungalow with no garden, 1500 for a 3bed but the kitchen is from 1950...whats wrong with those people?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Search 245,319 properties for sale and rent from 4,957 estate agents 17th Jan 07
Search 266,562 properties for sale and rent from 5,288 estate agents 17th February
Search 283,092 properties for sale and rent from 5,469 estate agents 17th March
Search 284,047 properties for sale and rent from 5,522 estate agents 20th March
Search 285,556 properties for sale and rent from 5,540 estate agents 22nd March

http://www.findaproperty.com/

The above stats (desisgnbed to give a broad picture of the supply of new listings) have been taken from the above website and show the growing numbers of property coming to market. The number of EAs varies and Findaproperty explained that they had recently signed up a large EA. The increasing numbers of EAs is due to branches within an EA organisation offering more properties for sale. The supply side of the equation is clearly growing with about 40,000 more properties available on this website today than there were on 17th January. This contrasts with the EA claim that there are now FEWER properties available.

Findaproperty focus almost entirely on London and the SE.

Taking Surrey on its own, more than 1,500 properties were listed in the last 7 days alone:

http://www.findaproperty.com/searchresults...&allareas=1

Buy a property in Surrey with FindaProperty.com
Showing 1-20 of 1555* properties for sale.

* This number will change constantly as the website is active.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA449
I'm looking for a new rental and it is shocking what people ask...£2000 for a 4 bed not even double glassed, 1800 for a 3 bed bungalow with no garden, 1500 for a 3bed but the kitchen is from 1950...whats wrong with those people?

Nothing - if they can find tenants.

Renting with a family, unless you can secure a decent longterm place, is a nightmare of packing, unpacking, mail redirection, bank account details, broadband connection etc etc etc. Then there's the school run issues if you have to move too far.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Got to pay the mortgage somehow...

A couple of months' void and this particular route to staying solvent will be crossed off the panic list.

HOLA4412

For a couple of months I've been using right-move to see what the trend on supply is like, every now and again I'll do a localized search, see how many properties are available. This is what I've got so far.

17-01-07 166

18-01-07 165

13-02-07 155

14-03-07 169

22-03-07 161

Now my search excludes Under Offers, & I've notised a few come under offer past couple of days on my Fav's. But a lot of them just end up coming back on again. Maybe it's people putting an offer on, only to find they cannot get the mortgage.

So far I'd say it was staying the same.

Btw., I'm located North East UK.

HOLA4413
not in Bristol, in fact i just had a shock as in the last few moths i've been keeping an eye on how many properties are for sale for £150k and less and it's gone from 1200 properties to just over 500 :o

I would agree - nothing on the market in Bristol at this price and it all seems to be going like hot cakes - still money for old rope here!!

HOLA4414
Search 245,319 properties for sale and rent from 4,957 estate agents 17th Jan 07
Search 266,562 properties for sale and rent from 5,288 estate agents 17th February

The above stats (desisgnbed to give a broad picture of the supply of new listings) have been taken from the above website and show the growing numbers of property coming to market. The number of EAs varies and Findaproperty explained that they had recently signed up a large EA. The increasing numbers of EAs is due to branches within an EA organisation offering more properties for sale. The supply side of the equation is clearly growing with about 40,000 more properties available on this website today than there were on 17th January. This contrasts with the EA claim that there are now FEWER properties available.

Taking Surrey on its own, more than 1,500 properties were listed in the last 7 days alone:

You do ignore anything that doesn't fit your view of the world. FindAProperty are in a declared war with RightMove and are signing up agents at a rate of knots. In which case you would expect their numbers to increase. You mentioned they have signed up one of the big corporates but seem to blithely ignore this. FindAProperty only launched last year and are growing fast. They offer essentially the same service as RightMove but for about a quarter of the price and they are not owned by Estate Agents. Estate Agents are signing up.

So, let's ignore your ranting and distortion of any figures you can lay hands on.

Where I live the market seems pretty normal. In January it looked like it might be a sticky start to the year, now most of the signs seem to have Sold on them. I do sense there is less property on the market but, like you, have no real idea.

The number of properties being sold - according to Land Registry figures - which are, admittedly, a bit out of date - are remarkably high considering the price of property. So do stop pouncing on any and every figure and trying to twist it to support your views. I have been coming here, in one guise or another, for a long time. You are beginning to sound like a nutcase.

If, as the more dedicated here believe, this site is occasionaly visited by journalists and Snowball, reading the stuff you post would convince them this site is a soap-box for lunatics. You are not doing this site any favours.

Do you have a life?

HOLA4415

Yep,I have my barometer walk around Beeston,Nottingham:Feb, 81 for sale signs(27 sold);Mar, 102 for sale signs( 22 sold)

I thought things were looking hot in February now things are turning.22% sold is a slow market.I am more optimistic than last month when I made quite a few down beat posts,I always honestly report what I see -even the bad news.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4416

waffle waffle waffle

according to your figures above RB 60% of all new properties added onto FAP in the UK have been in surrey :rolleyes:

and there has been a 100% sell through on surrey properties in just 6 weeks; apparently around a sixth of all available properties in surrey sell through every week :blink:

nonsense figures

17th feb there was around 49 properties per agent, now there is 51, not that huge an increase

HOLA4417