House Price Crash Forum

More London Madness

Scooter

you bought BEFORE the boom in prices didnt you.

No.

and thats the ONLY reason you believe what your eyes tell you not so.

This is just gibberish. The market forces I quote are solid, factual influences that can be seen, touched, and experienced.

Would anyone care to refute them? Or care to provide a contrary list of real factors that influence the London market in the opposite direction?

Aside from my post I don't see a single real influence mentioned. It seems cruel to disillusion you, but 'Prices are too high', 'What goes up must come down', 'Boom and bust', 'The crash is coming', 'You'll be sorry...' and the endless flow of trite, bitter, and meaningless soundbites are not valid strategies on which to base an investment portfolio.

Inevitably, such growth cannot be sustained indefinitely. But (for all the reasons above) now is not the time for a correction in the capital. And neither is the foreseeable future.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Barking, a short run to Canary Wharf, the new financial heart of London, City airport, Close to friendly council block communities and talanted graffiti artists, ideal investment for supporters of the BnP, where are the disadvantages?

E13 8LL

2000-05-26 24 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £45,000

2002-09-27 24 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £130,000

2006-04-05 24 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £150,000

2006-08-11 24 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £230,000

If you had ever been to Barking you would have known that you are ....... Barking Mad.

That place is a dump.

'Mathematical terms'? What about reality?

You may believe in logic, reason and theories. I believe in demand outstripping supply by tenfold. I believe in the City's status as the leading financial centre of the world. I believe in annual bonuses of £20bn being pumped into the market. I believe in the Olympics in 2012. I believe in Heathrow terminal 5 bringing 60% more traffic to the capital. I believe in runway 3 in 2017. I believe in large scale immigration and foreign investment. I believe in the prodigious ongoing program of residential and commercial regeneration and development. I believe in a burgeoning transport and social infrastructure.

We are talking about the London market, and this is the real world, my friend.

'Mathematical terms'? How quaint.

:lol::lol: a true believer of HPI ................................................quite unbelievable really .

'Mathematical terms'? What about reality?

You may believe in logic, reason and theories. I believe in demand outstripping supply by tenfold. I believe in the City's status as the leading financial centre of the world. I believe in annual bonuses of £20bn being pumped into the market. I believe in the Olympics in 2012. I believe in Heathrow terminal 5 bringing 60% more traffic to the capital. I believe in runway 3 in 2017. I believe in large scale immigration and foreign investment. I believe in the prodigious ongoing program of residential and commercial regeneration and development. I believe in a burgeoning transport and social infrastructure.

We are talking about the London market, and this is the real world, my friend.

'Mathematical terms'? How quaint.

Pig's nipples, "my friend". All based on a ludicrously overvalued currency, which will vanish like snow off a dyke the minute it, and the assets priced in it, start to head south, and the gangsters shift their foreign investment 'consolidated gains' to another safe haven. Mind you, I'll give ground on Heathrow bringing in more "Traffik", and the large scale immigration involved.

Your old china, Wario.

If you had ever been to Barking you would have known that you are ....... Barking Mad.

That place is a dump.

I work for London Underground and I have to say that it is well known throughout the network that most volatile/violent place is in the East End of London. Anything between Barking to Upminster is seen as bandit country where staff have the right to refuse to stand on the gate-line, due to the danger. Some train drivers have refused to drive the trains in these areas as they have experienced bricks/rocks/bullets coming through their cab windows.

Personally, in my experience, I think West London (Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush) is a worse area, but the East End of London has a very bad reputation.

It seems that it no longer matters what the area is like - if its London, you can charge a premium. I for one, would not want to live in East London (but thats me), though I would buy there if the price was right. When running searches in RightMove though, I have noticed that areas in East London are the cheapest parts of London to buy property in, so that remains an attraction.

In the last few months though, I feel that London House Prices have picked up and even the East End of London is now out of reach for most.

There are those who persist in saying that HPC is actually happening right now. Personally, from what Ive seen, house prices in London at least, are soldiering onwards and upwards. I may be wrong, but I cant see it stopping.

I work for London Underground and I have to say that it is well known throughout the network that most volatile/violent place is in the East End of London. Anything between Barking to Upminster is seen as bandit country where staff have the right to refuse to stand on the gate-line, due to the danger. Some train drivers have refused to drive the trains in these areas as they have experienced bricks/rocks/bullets coming through their cab windows.

Personally, in my experience, I think West London (Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush) is a worse area, but the East End of London has a very bad reputation.

It seems that it no longer matters what the area is like - if its London, you can charge a premium. I for one, would not want to live in East London (but thats me), though I would buy there if the price was right. When running searches in RightMove though, I have noticed that areas in East London are the cheapest parts of London to buy property in, so that remains an attraction.

In the last few months though, I feel that London House Prices have picked up and even the East End of London is now out of reach for most.

There are those who persist in saying that HPC is actually happening right now. Personally, from what Ive seen, house prices in London at least, are soldiering onwards and upwards. I may be wrong, but I cant see it stopping.

well ive just look at and seen 2 properties dropping in price in NW london,EA tells me the guy is facing repo in the next 28 days and needs to sell. Guy wanted 189 for 1 bedroom flat EA phoned up and said hell take £160.

Edited by crash2006

well ive just look at and seen 2 properties dropping in price in NW london,EA tells me the guy is facing repo in the next 28 days and needs to sell. Guy wanted 189 for 1 bedroom flat EA phoned up and said hell take £160.

Depending on the condition/size of the property and its exact location, £160k for a 1-bed flat, in todays climate is a steal. Do you have any details on these 2 properties? Are they on rightmove?

I'd agree with that. At least I've never had my card skimmed by some wetbag lowlife working in the local Sainsburys* in east London. Hammersmith on the other hand... There's more greenery in the east too (although the Olympics will no doubt trash all of that).

*working in the local Sainsburys doesn't make you a lowlife but skimming customer's cards certainly does.

Inner London is a dive save for a few incredibly expensive areas...........Why are houses in a crap place like Hackney double the prices of houses in London's periphery in places like Orpington..?.........At least you could raise a family in suburbia and most of us do eventually have children........

Another friend lives in Kensal Green where it's £250 k for a tiny flat and her next door neighbours get theirs for free from the council.....and their son was one of the lads done for mugging and knifing to death that lawyer they followed from the tube there..................................Sums up inner London

Inner London is a dive save for a few incredibly expensive areas...........Why are houses in a crap place like Hackney double the prices of houses in London's periphery in places like Orpington..?.........At least you could raise a family in suburbia and most of us do eventually have children........

Another friend lives in Kensal Green where it's £250 k for a tiny flat and her next door neighbours get theirs for free from the council.....and their son was one of the lads done for mugging and knifing to death that lawyer they followed from the tube there..................................Sums up inner London

Isn't it easy to be aloof, judgemental and downright pig ingnorant living up in Harrogate ? Live here then pass informed comment . . .

The reasons for the premium on London property is well documented. They might not be valid to you but an awful lot of people think otherwise. It's the capital of Europe . . . period !

London has its problems but there's more going on here than in the rest of the country put together. No, it's not for all but I'd rather be here, in London, with friendly representatives of virtually every world nation milling around the bars, markets, restaurants, art galleries and clubs than in a curtain-twitching community full of nostalgics waiting for olde England to return. And no, I'm not 22 . . . . just started my 40s and still wouldn't live anywhere else in the UK

Isn't it easy to be aloof, judgemental and downright pig ingnorant living up in Harrogate ? Live here then pass informed comment . . .

The reasons for the premium on London property is well documented. They might not be valid to you but an awful lot of people think otherwise. It's the capital of Europe . . . period !

London has its problems but there's more going on here than in the rest of the country put together. No, it's not for all but I'd rather be here, in London, with friendly representatives of virtually every world nation milling around the bars, markets, restaurants, art galleries and clubs than in a curtain-twitching community full of nostalgics waiting for olde England to return. And no, I'm not 22 . . . . just started my 40s and still wouldn't live anywhere else in the UK

are you bringing up children?

And in fact who probably still lives with mum & dad!

No, he lives with two supermodels. Remember that Carlsberg ad about the perfect flat overlooking the footy ground with hotty housemates?

That was actually a documentary about tenroom. FACT.

tenroom, your obsession with Ladbrook Grove and repeated insistence that everywhere else is a backward hellhole is, frankly, hilarious. And not in the good way.

Barking, a short run to Canary Wharf, the new financial heart of London, City airport, Close to friendly council block communities and talanted graffiti artists, ideal investment for supporters of the BnP, where are the disadvantages?

E13 8LL

2000-05-26 24 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £45,000

2002-09-27 24 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £130,000

2006-04-05 24 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £150,000

2006-08-11 24 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £230,000

Something funny is going on here, because there is a sale for £170,000 between the £150,000 and £230,000. It is by far the most sold house on the street.

2006-04-20 24 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £170,000

Meanwhile, number 18 which ought to be similar judging by your photo, has done the following:

2002-12-18 18 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £148,000

2006-04-13 18 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £175,000

Hell!....You're lucky i'm not describing my LEAST favourite parts of London.......Don't get me started on Hackney whatever you do! :lol:

The rest of Britain is more cosmopolitan than you London-centric people realise....

In the 70s London's cosmopolitan nature was attractive but it's got to the stage now where it's becoming an international city like Dubai where only 15% of the population are Arabs :o

I've lived in Mile End ,Dalston , Dulwich, and Crouch End.......over a 4 year period as when i graduated the only decent job i could get was in London..............Unfortunately the jobs are too concentrated in the SE area...

Maybe we'd be better off with half a dozen important cities spread throughout the land like in Germany ......

Something funny is going on here, because there is a sale for £170,000 between the £150,000 and £230,000. It is by far the most sold house on the street.

2006-04-20 24 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £170,000

Meanwhile, number 18 which ought to be similar judging by your photo, has done the following:

2002-12-18 18 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £148,000

2006-04-13 18 Adine Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E13 8LL £175,000

Very fishy indeed for number 24. Money laundering / tax evasion, being bought and sold that quickly is not normal. Wonder how the government monitor things like that

No, he lives with two supermodels. Remember that Carlsberg ad about the perfect flat overlooking the footy ground with hotty housemates?

That was actually a documentary about tenroom. FACT.

tenroom, your obsession with Ladbrook Grove and repeated insistence that everywhere else is a backward hellhole is, frankly, hilarious. And not in the good way.

Oh here we go . . . Pipe-up Tahoma .. . I'm so not bothering with you today . .

:lol::lol::lol:

so speaks a sad loser who's never been abroad!

And in fact who probably still lives with mum & dad!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Classic!

Ah Property (I-made-£4m-outta-BTL-and-can't-find-anything-better-to-do-with-my-time-than-boast-about-it-on-the-internet) Guru :lol:

Q107 . . . that's all I need to say you complete tool . . . Go buy some friends, son . . .

are you bringing up children?

No I'm not but even if I was, I sincerely don't believe I'd bring them up in some perfect little indentikit Barratt-built housing estate in the home counties served by just another chain store-laden high street. If I was going to raise them in the UK, I'd bring them up right here where i was brought up, where there are many well-to-do families who get on just fine.

Your kids aren't safe just because they're not in inner London or Manchester etc . . . they're still playing violent games on PS3, they're still listening to 50 Cent tellin' 'em it's ok to spray rivals with automatic gunfire if they "diss yo' bitch" and they're still being shown by Cristiano Ronaldo that it's ok to cheat by feigning injury as long as you win the game. I've made it to 40 without being stabbed, mugged or threatened. The most grief I've had here is from the police and traffic wardens and there are countless others just like me.

That great school you've spent a small fortune buying a home near will have a group of kids who will eventually have yours smoking weed, snorting coke and shagging without rubbers.

No I'm not but even if I was, I sincerely don't believe I'd bring them up in some perfect little indentikit Barratt-built housing estate in the home counties served by just another chain store-laden high street. If I was going to raise them in the UK, I'd bring them up right here where i was brought up, where there are many well-to-do families who get on just fine.

Your kids aren't safe just because they're not in inner London or Manchester etc . . . they're still playing violent games on PS3, they're still listening to 50 Cent tellin' 'em it's ok to spray rivals with automatic gunfire if they "diss yo' bitch" and they're still being shown by Cristiano Ronaldo that it's ok to cheat by feigning injury as long as you win the game. I've made it to 40 without being stabbed, mugged or threatened. The most grief I've had here is from the police and traffic wardens and there are countless others just like me.

That great school you've spent a small fortune buying a home near will have a group of kids who will eventually have yours smoking weed, snorting coke and shagging without rubbers.

wow - you read a lot into a question don't you!