House Price Crash Forum

Is The End Nigh?

I have been following this sight for over two years now.

What I have noticed recently is that a lot of posters are bitching with each other.

I assume this is an indication of how nervous some of us are getting.

I sold to rent two years ago assuming the crash was almost here. But was wrong footed. I must admit that of late I have been getting a little impatient and being called a looser by my thirteen yr old does not help.

I wonder is this nervousness a sign that the end is nigh? When the last bear turns bull etc.

Wadisgod

Edited by wadisgod
I have been this sight over two years now.

What I have noticed recently is that a lot of posters are bitching with each other.

I sold to rent two years ago assuming the crash was almost here. But was wrong footed. I must admit that of late I have been getting a little impatient and being called a looser by my thirteen yr old does not help.

I wonder is this nervousness a sign that the end is nigh? When the last bear turns bull etc.

Wadisgod

You could be onto something there..... I can see the movie in the making......'The last of the MOHICANS'

M-Move

O-Or

H-Holdout

I-I

C-Can

A-Assure

N-No

S-Seller

I have been following this sight for over two years now.

Wadisgod

Same thing here mate, sold a house near Leeds 3 1/2 years ago and another one near Chorley, Lancs 2 1/2 years ago. At the time thought that we must be somewhere near the top.

Think it must be a combination of momentum, mindless belief, vested interests and an almost suicidal urge to borrow money.

I come from East Lancashire originally, where a typical terrace house (a starter home for most) now costs about £80k against a typical young person's salary of £13/17k.

You also have a generation of young house buyers now who have no concept of a property crash (like the 90s).

As you say "when the last bear turns bull".

Sox

...and being called a looser by my thirteen yr old does not help.

your child is possibly going to get the best lessons in both finance and patience of any in the country.

When you buy a bigger house for half the price, make sure she gets the smallest bedroom.

Never mind the smallest room I won't tell him where we have moved to.

Thinks are looking bright with the impending u.s.a meltdown (spoke to soon before) I'm sure its only a matter of time.

Wadisgod cash is king B)

Edited by wadisgod

The bulls are welcome to express their views as far as I'm concerned. I have to admit, though, that I have wondered recently why they are bothering to post on a housepricecrash website.

I have noticed a fair number of the bulls are new members (many 2007) who, when pressed, admit to having bought recently but say they are sure that the market will not crash.

I think they must be nervous that they have made a horrible mistake and are desperate to convince themselves that they've done the right thing, and trying to do this by trying to squash bearish comments and discussions by posting the same thing over and over again (market won't crash, it's different this time, low interest rates, high demand, etc etc) on a number of different threads, often all at the same time.

Let's face it, there has been a lot more negative sentiment since the interest rate rise in January, which would be pretty uncomfortable for anyone who had just bought -- particularly if they had held out for a few years before buying.

But if they were really as sure as they say, they wouldn't be posting on this website.

BE

[Edited to correct typo.]

Edited by Bathsheba Everdene
Same thing here mate, sold a house near Leeds 3 1/2 years ago and another one near Chorley, Lancs 2 1/2 years ago. At the time thought that we must be somewhere near the top.

Think it must be a combination of momentum, mindless belief, vested interests and an almost suicidal urge to borrow money.

I come from East Lancashire originally, where a typical terrace house (a starter home for most) now costs about £80k against a typical young person's salary of £13/17k.

You also have a generation of young house buyers now who have no concept of a property crash (like the 90s).

As you say "when the last bear turns bull".

Sox

£80K! In NI the average house costs £200K, dearer than everywhere except London/SE/SW England!

And the salaries are similar to your area.

:ph34r:

When you buy a bigger house for half the price, make sure she gets the smallest bedroom.
Never mind the smallest room I won't tell him where we have moved to.

:lol:

Brilliant.