House Price Crash Forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wrongmove

Oh WTNH - how right you are. I am sick of being a loser. I want to be like you, so self-assured and confident that you can anonymously abuse people on the internet.

So, a neghead no more - how can I be a knobhead like you WTNH ? Please tell me. Do you rum semenars ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You guys started all this. I dont think you need a seminar you are doing a great job

we can render your site useless as demonstrated, all you can do here is talk sh#t, is that the way you want it permanently, personally i think you are sh#tting yourselves, my personal predictions are for -45% off property prices over 2 years, every day it is looking more realistic, i hope i've underestimated. Go home!!

Hmm

so another thread of nice sound and reasoned debate as to the nature of house prices and their future direction.

message to a new "bulls" in town: pretty much all of our thoughts and reasons as to why house prices will be falling, how far, how long, when to buy, when to hold and when to sell have been gone over many times in the last year. If you want to get a grip on why we think what we think, then go to the front page follow some links and do some reading of older threads. I'm not going to go into it all now. Done that, don't need convincing anymore, and certainly don't feel the need to convince anyone else anymore. All I need to do is :) sweetly, a little pat on the head "there, there, don't worry about it for my sake...its all in hand.". But likewise, please don't fill this BEAR forum with drivel, insults and bad language, its bad for the karma :D

message to our bears: lease don't fill our forum with drivel, insults and bad language, its bad for the karma :D just :) sweetly, give them a little pat on the head and say "there, there, don't worry about it for my sake...its all in hand." I know there doesn't seem to be much more to discuss, especially as anecdotal evidence AND major HPIs are showing falls and the first stages of the crash, but we could perhaps concentrate more on the topics of "how far has it fallen so far?", "how far and how fast will it fall from here?", "how to cope when your BTL landlord decides to cash in and sell up?"...much more productive, and if we can get our new "landlord friends" to sign up to not selling no matter what, then that will be better for us, it will save us having to move on regularly over the next couple of years ;)

Topher Bear

let's keep this calm and rational folks.

This is precisely what I wanted to happen.some folk from a bull forum to enter the debate and we can have a well thought out verbal battle-of-wills on the topic.

makes for great entertainment.just make sure you can produce the evidence to back up your arguments!!!

thanks,

oracle.

Even looking at your own arguments with the trends preceding the last crash. The same trends are likely to show even if there is a crash which there could well be. Do you think they are going to stay low. They have got to recover, it is a bit of a yo yo effect but in general it is an upward trend

only at the moment ucky.

baby-boomers and population declines are real risks going forward.

10 years from now baby-boomers will not contribute to the economy,they will be net takers.

couples are having 1.7 kids,when the boomers pop their clogs this will lead to population decline and greater supply of housing....and lower prices in real terms.

also,if living wills become law.elderly,severly ill folk will be literally allowed to euthanise themselves(which saves the government money)

property is dependant on someone to inhabit it to make an income from it.

this time around,factors like unemployment and consumer debt will play a big part....unemployment is a lagging factor so expect it to materialise after a few more months

london/se are more heavily geared to consumer spending,

that's why HP's are the first to rise here when IR's fall,and the first to fall when IR's rise.the ripple effect takes a while to spread out.

IR's may not be at the same level as 1990,but we have become very accustomed to low IR's over time.Increased our unsecured debt,bank loans etc.so any relative % rise inbase rate is going to have the same effect.

1992 10%- 15% = 50 % relative.

2004 3.5%-4.75%= 40%.....so far.

I'm still earmarking another 0.25-0.5%increase to follow as inflation picks up

:):):)

Happy New Year Everyone!

You know, I am sure that WTNH is BBB because I've noticed previously that BBB makes a lot of typos when apostrophes are involved. WTNH just doesn't use apostrophes full stop! I wonder if we will be able to spot a similarly implicit ackowledgment of today's housing market in due course?!

Whichever side of the debate you're on, good luck!

Pooper

Even looking at your own arguments with the trends preceding the last crash. The same trends are likely to show even if there is a crash which there could well be. Do you think they are going to stay low. They have got to recover, it is a bit of a yo yo effect but in general it is an upward trend

Yep, I think you're quite right there. There is a general upward trend, with an oscillation around the trend line, biased towards the upward portion. That's what most folks here are saying. I don't think anyone here believes that house prices will, or should, remain low. They simply have a fundamental disagreement with the school of though that says "this isn't a bubble, we have a new paradigm". We supposedly had a new paradigm when the dot coms ballooned too.

The house price bears are simply waiting for the next price trough to come along. Someone further up the thread accused the folks here of being sheep. On the contrary, the herd has been conned into buying shoeboxes at 5x income, and are about to run off the upcoming cliff.