House Price Crash Forum

Propaganda On Itv!

Let's look at the problem.

Who has a vested interest in seeing prices rise?

1. Estate agents

2. Mortgage banks

3. Rich TV execs with big houses.

4. Home owning Baby boomers who watch corrie every night

Who has a vested interest in prices falling?

Me, you, eveyone else without a house- but almost no one with any economic influence!

But this will change, not because the vested interests will change but because it might dawn on them that smoething is actually happening. For now the media view is that a possible crash is an interesting story. I don't think they really take it seriously and their heart really isn't in it. But give it a few months and I think the media will really latch on to the issue and we'll see that market sentiment really is a very fickle thing.

Once the ITV execs start worrying about their own house prices than the evening viewing will become a lot more interesting! I'd say by the Ides of March we'll get a bit of action.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's look at the problem.

Who has a vested interest in seeing prices rise?

1.  Estate agents

2.  Mortgage banks

3.  Rich TV execs with big houses.

4.  Home owning Baby boomers who watch corrie every night

Who has a vested interest in prices falling?

Me, you, eveyone else without a house- but almost no one with any economic influence!

But this will change, not because the vested interests will change but because it might dawn on them that smoething is actually happening.  For now the media view is that a possible crash is an interesting story.  I don't think they really take it seriously and their heart really isn't in it.  But give it a few months and I think the media will really latch on to the issue and we'll see that market sentiment really is a very fickle thing.

Once the ITV execs start worrying about their own house prices than the evening viewing will become a lot more interesting!  I'd say by the Ides of March we'll get a bit of action.

Good post Ides of March.

You might find this wierd but stick with me - be a aware of the significance to influential people of SIGNIFICANT DATES in the coming year - the next major one if you're interested is of course the Spring Equinox Sunday the 20th of March. They always plan big annoucements etc on auspicious dates like this. Honestly!

Been away for a while but have just noiced there is a poster called "watching the neg heads"

I must admit I find this highly amusing. Why? Simply because I've tried to determine the origin of "neg head". Here's what I found:

Firstly, there are no entries for neghead or neg head in the UrbanDictionary. That means it isn't street talk, urban patois or some such other cultural phenomenon.

Secondly there are no entries for neghead or neg head in Websters Online. This means that it is not part of new slang.

Thirdly, a Google search for neghead produces only 46 matches but with a mere 26 listed entries. Here's aproximately how they break down:

8 programming variable name references

5 fantasy / role playing geek references (names of fantastical characters)

3 references to "negotiation headlines", ie an abbreviation

2 biotech / engineering terms

2 popular music references

1 abreviation meaning negative head pressure (hydraulics)

2 references attributed to SingingPig

1 reference atributes to HousePriceCrash from a SingingPig member

In fact if you go to SingingPig and search for neghead you will find three entries : 11.5% of the entire world's usage of this term.

Searching for "neg head" produced more but similar categories of results with the rare exception of one meaningful entry from the Microsoft Certified professionals Magazine who actually used it to mean glass-half-full-types. The user spoke thus:

- As expected, reminders about the day produced a negative response from those I like to call the neg-heads.

Clearly, even in the home of the buzzword (Silicon Valley), as recently as January 2004, this term was less than common currency.

Let's face it "neghead" is a term adopted / invented recently for use at property investment seminars. The idea is to make you feel that if you don't take part you must be the sort that always sees the glass half empty. Will you fulfill your potential or will you remain a neghead? In other words, if you hear this expression, you are either talking to a peddler of prop-invest seminar crap, or somebody who has been conned by it.

Which cap fits you "Watching the neg heads" :P

neghead is a term that comes from the double glazing salesmen who are now on SP.

The explanation for the term was posted on SP by Yieldman/BBB/Paul but as we all now know he deleted many of his posts. From memory I think it refers to the punters who show interest but don't commit to buying or something similar to this.

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/for...&g=24877#m24877

watching the neg heads is pretty obviously Jeremy aka Property Master aka Dr Dr Hanibal Lecter. This isn't BBB although Yieldman/BBB/Paul and Jeremy are both ex double glazing salesmen from SP they are not the same person. Property investment seems to have attracted many ex double glazing salesmen probably as these are the kinds of people always looking for bandwagons to ride.

Oh and Jeremy, please stop changing your user name its very childish.

Been away for a while but have just noiced there is a poster called "watching  the neg heads"

I must admit I find this highly amusing. Why? Simply because I've tried to determine the origin of "neg head". Here's what I found:

Firstly, there are no entries for neghead or neg head in the UrbanDictionary. That means it isn't street talk, urban patois or some such other cultural phenomenon.

Secondly there are no entries for neghead or neg head in Websters Online. This means that it is not part of new slang.

Thirdly, a Google search for neghead produces only 46 matches but with a mere 26 listed entries. Here's aproximately how they break down:

8 programming variable name references

5 fantasy / role playing geek references (names of fantastical characters)

3 references to "negotiation headlines", ie an abbreviation

2 biotech / engineering terms

2 popular music references

1 abreviation meaning negative head pressure (hydraulics)

2 references attributed to SingingPig

1 reference atributes to HousePriceCrash from a SingingPig member

In fact if you go to SingingPig and search for neghead you will find three entries : 11.5% of the entire world's usage of this term.

Searching for "neg head" produced more but similar categories of results with the rare exception of one meaningful entry from the Microsoft Certified professionals Magazine who actually used it to mean glass-half-full-types. The user spoke thus:

- As expected, reminders about the day produced a negative response from those I like to call the neg-heads.

Clearly, even in the home of the buzzword (Silicon Valley), as recently as January 2004, this term was less than common currency.

Let's face it "neghead" is a term adopted / invented recently for use at property investment seminars. The idea is to make you feel that if you don't take part you must be the sort that always sees the glass half empty. Will you fulfill your potential or will you remain a neghead? In other words, if you hear this expression, you are either talking to a peddler of prop-invest seminar crap, or somebody who has been conned by it.

Which cap fits you "Watching the neg heads"  :P

Sledgehead......you are one sad sad *******...typical of the pompous narrow minded losers who whinge on here

its so funny to think that you did all that research you p***k....I was doing my research at the same time........ on a BMV offer on a guys prop that i offered 35% below market value ( he paid 110 last aug......paying him 71k .he is delighted to sell to me AND become my tenant ( he was gonna be repossesed..otherwise.what a true samaritan i must be!)....thats what you can achieve by NOT being an nerdyanorak and taking responsibility for your own life.instead of hoping some twist of fate will magically make your hpc dreams come true

Once again i have to rescue some joe punter out of the mire because they love to live, but dont love to plan financially. He'll now be a tenant for ages..with my 6% pa clause built into the AST............easy cash!!

Anyone see the sunday express proerty predictor?....any comments?.....Hello???

Guest pioneer31
taking responsibility for your own life.instead of hoping some twist of fate will magically make your hpc dreams come true

there's no 'hope' needed. The calamity has already started. We shall sit back and enjoy muhahahahahahahaha

Anyone see the sunday express proerty predictor?....any comments?.....Hello???

The Express is a newspaper that my cleaner reads.

did you see the observer article saying that IR's won't go down anytime soon? :lol:

there's no 'hope' needed. The calamity has already started. We shall sit back and enjoy muhahahahahahahaha

The Express is a newspaper that my cleaner reads.

did you see the observer article saying that IR's won't go down anytime soon?  :lol:

so?..your point is?

Does that prove something?

All it proves it htat you are a walter mitty character...you got a cleaner? where? in prison? in a home? LOL

Observer reader..hmm.says it all really.....all piss and wind.know it all wage slaves with high expenses and no hope.chattering classes..thinking you are social pioneers (appropriate eh?LOL)

Get some real work done.make your own in way in the world....general comment btw.not just confined to pioneer 31 (your IQ ?)

so?..your point is?

Does that prove something?

All it proves it htat you are a walter mitty character...you got a cleaner? where? in prison? in a home? LOL

Observer reader..hmm.says it all really.....all piss and wind.know it all wage slaves with high expenses and no hope.chattering classes..thinking you are social pioneers (appropriate eh?LOL)

Get some real work done.make your own in way in the world....general comment btw.not just confined to pioneer 31 (your IQ ?)

eg head, have you got anything constructive to say, cause from where i'm sat all i can see is you've got nothing to say and you're saying it loud!! I think we need a medical term for it say, "FEAR"

pioneer

Course i live of other people..best way to live...you and yours are prob the type i live off........lifes brainless sheep

Im out for all i can get from the losers who monopolise this great island of ours

This site is now printed on my offer leaflets.....it helps to sh*t the spineless brainless tossers up no end......you are my prime marketing initiative..thanks!

i love just lashing another tenant to my power house.they can keep grafting and paying me.while i take advantage of their weaknesses..its how the world goes around pal!

You live off yourself...dodgy strategy.always under the cosh financially and time wise...............what are you doing tomorrow?....let me guess......work?..or you a dss monger?

Oh no.i remember youre a successful businessman arent you........yeah right LOLOL

At least youve taken that dumb ass pic off of you loking like a cross between gay neurotic adam ant and fat Ross kemp..you pr**k........so even you cant be that much of a f**kwit

feel so lucky to have this site....motivates me whenever i come on here.......confirms how many morons are still there to be shafted.

Guest pioneer31
pioneer

Course i live of other people..best way to live...you and yours are prob the type i live off........lifes brainless sheep

I'm not renting :)

Im out for all i can get from the losers who monopolise this great island of ours

This site is now printed on my offer leaflets.....it helps to sh*t the spineless brainless tossers up no end......you are my prime marketing initiative..thanks!

i love just lashing another tenant to my power house.they can keep grafting and paying me.while i take advantage of their weaknesses..its how the world goes around pal!

what goes around comes around as you shall see in the coming months :lol:

At least youve taken that dumb ass pic off of you loking like a cross between gay neurotic adam ant and fat Ross kemp..you pr**k........so even you cant be that much of a f**kwit

are you on drugs? I've never had my pic on here you clown.

feel so lucky to have this site....motivates me whenever i come on here.....

because you have no friends and your mother won't talk to you?

Now put your d**k away and stop behaving like a child.

Guest wrongmove

Come on guys and gals, you have better things to do that rise to WTNH's bait ?

I'm pretty sure this is not BBB. Sounds far more like "Property Master" from SingingPig, aka Dr Hanibal (sic) Lecter.

His SP signature

"When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the Property Master."

"Only a Property Master of EVIL!"

(Director & Southern District Manager - A Quick Sale)

www.a-quick-sale.co.uk

Ooooooh - I'm so scared ! :rolleyes:

Now the bottom has fallen out of BTL/BTS he has nothing better to do.

getting closer guys...but not quite right

youre right about me having too much time on my hands

life is sweet when you have constant cash flow in....and massively compounding wealth..why should i busy myself doing stuff i dont want to when i can wind up you bunch of spineless losers on here?

This is my mission.........to goad you all....there is always someone who cannot resist replying!

Cheers guy....happy hpc!

Guest pioneer31
youre right about me having too much time on my hands

life is sweet when you have constant cash flow in....and massively compounding wealth..why should i busy myself doing stuff i dont want to when i can wind up you bunch of spineless losers on here?

Oh come on!!

I bet all the rich people of the world spend their days on an internet forum spouting nonsense :rolleyes:

Guest pioneer31
laughing @ pioneer......300 + posts from a wage slave who cant have too much spare time!

300 posts in 3 months, gee that's a lot :rolleyes: . Do the Maths!

if you knew how i spent my spare time you sheep.....youd be seriously pissed off

does it involve your right hand and a copy of glamourous grannies?

Guest wrongmove
laughing @ pioneer......300 + posts from a wage slave who cant have too much spare time!

if you knew how i spent my spare time you sheep.....youd be seriously pissed off

get off your fat ass and have a go....tosser!

Be very suspicious of people who use the words spare time and sheep in the same sentence.

:blink:

BBB PM's: DOH!!!!!!!!! see both our names on screen at the same time ?

you presumptious small minded little man!!!!!!

BTLOO PM's: Duh....not the first time you sat on here switching between personas.......and i'm small minded.

BBB PM's: the only reason why i've ever used another name on here was because some scared little man couldn't type to my ''face'' and let all his pent up frustration and loser inadequacies out i'd left!!!!!!!!

if it wasn't for you i know i would have never posted again on here, but if i'm being honest i simply could not resist posting to your weak minded unresearched backstabbing BS......and to anyone who read my post it was plain as day who i was, i wasn't trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes.

once more in your recent post (on the main forum) i can ''feel'' your anger/envy.

why so freaking personal?

Hey BBB/WTNH, with gems like this don't just save or personal messages for me share them with the world.....you can always go back and delete them again like you usualy do.

BBB has just PM'd me. Something about me calling double glazing salesmen thick.

I know he's been PM'ing me recently, one minute saying i've lost an argument cause I've resorted to insults by calling him Terry F'wit and the next sending obsenities at me...He also appears, once again, to have resorted to managing several personas at the same time.....I can only assume he's run out of anti-depressants again.

He's either very stupid or a bit nutty....either way it just goes to show how easy it has been (up until now) to make a buck from property if he's been able to do it.