House Price Crash Forum

Have a look at this, best laugh I have had in ages! You might need to copy and paste the URL if clicking doesn't work. Scroll down to the thread entitled 'Buyers beware'. It's causing some amusement at www.thepropertypin.com as well.

'Hopeful' is trying to sell her house (in Foxrock, an expensive suburb of Dublin) just past the top of the market so she can retire from the proceeds (it's on another thread), looks like it's not going too well! I believe the term is 'chasing the market down'.

:lol:

http://www.daft.ie/discussions.daft?dcn[forum_id]=4

hahahahahahaha

Maybe she should change her daft username to 'Desperate in Dublin'...

Buyers Beware Comments:

My good god Hopeful...do you really think posting complete an utter nonsense is going to help sell your house for you? From the other threads you know that everything you have posted in this one is complete and utter b0llix. Have things got that bad that this is what you are resorting to? Personally i feel sorry for you..

Hopeful Comments:

My God, what a way to speak in a public forum. Good job you don't have a knife and I am not beside you.......

Buyers Beware Comments:

Why? would you take the knife off me and force me to buy your house?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another new thread on the same site! Go to the direct link posted above and click on the 'buying and selling' forum, that'll bring you to the list of threads.

Can't Sell My House.

Author: CaptainB

Date: 20/2/2007

Comments:

I've had my second house on the market since Sept 2006. I've had only four viewings last year and only one viewing this year - no offers. I've been phoning the estate agent every week since the start of November and so far have dropped the asking price by 10K in late December and another 10K at the start of February. The house has been largely unoccupied since I purchased and can only be described as looking a little bit unlived in but immaculate. I'm getting worried. I can just about afford to drop the price one more time but with the mortgage payments and accumulated costs over the past year this house is starting to cost me more than I'm likely to recover by selling it. Anybody got any ideas? HELP?

:blink:

Re: What's the story now with the market.....

Author: Sigmund

Comments:

Gee,

I read about this discussion on an UK property site that I check so its getting famous, some people feel sorry for you and others dont. I had a three bed semi in a old estate in Castleknock on the market since September got an offer 50K less in December and took it. A neighbour now is 20k below that at asking! ..... I think its a matter of taking a hit if you can afford and be happy you did well over the last couple of years

Bold type must be referring to HPC.co.uk!

This guy who took the 50K hit is thanking his lucky stars already.

FYI, Castleknock is a very desirable part of Dublin (near Foxrock, where 'Hopeful' AKA 'Desperate in Dublin' is trying to sell).

Edited by tara747
Can't Sell My House.

OK I accept that I may have to reduce the price further to try and get some interest but I really wasn’t expecting to loose money on this deal. It’s looking like a bit of a nightmare really. I’ve just called into the estate agent this morning and they’ve told me there’s not much else they can really do – they told me nothing is selling and they’re advising people who need to sell to drop there price as much as they can before the market really goes into panic. I told them I’m already panicking.

;)

Let's hope this is for real, and not just another false dawn. I want to see a crash that leaves Ireland in a state of "shock and awe" to quote Donald Rumsfeld. I don't want a few posts on an obscure website, I want to see grown men crying on the street when they realise how f*cking stupid they have been, I want to see EAs out of business, banks laying off mortgage brokers, adverts with "any reasonable offer considered" plastered across them.

Anything else is a victory for the idiots.

Sounds like the HPC is in full swing over in Dublin. Anyone got a link to the graph showing the huge rise in new properties on the market in Ireland?

Yes, would be good to see some graphs and stats like we've had from the US. Can't rely on a handful of posts unfortunately as they might not be authentic.

Sounds like the HPC is in full swing over in Dublin. Anyone got a link to the graph showing the huge rise in new properties on the market in Ireland?

There's one on www.daft.ie - or try www.thepropertypin.com/forum, they seem to keep up with it. I'll post the figures the next time I see them.

Let's hope this is for real, and not just another false dawn. I want to see a crash that leaves Ireland in a state of "shock and awe" to quote Donald Rumsfeld. I don't want a few posts on an obscure website, I want to see grown men crying on the street when they realise how f*cking stupid they have been, I want to see EAs out of business, banks laying off mortgage brokers, adverts with "any reasonable offer considered" plastered across them.

Anything else is a victory for the idiots.

There's quite a lot of shock going on already! This really looks like the big one.

On another thread:-

Buyers Beware

Comments:

If you are waiting for the Election to see what happens with the stamp duty you could be in for a shock, because if there is an abolition of stamp duty for the FTB the price of houses will go up and then there could be a rush to buy afterwards which means at that stage you may not get what you want at as good a price as you expected. Also those hoping to upgrade will be in for a surprise because what they gain with any reduction in the stamp duty bands they will lose with the prices rising due to the scramble to buy a desirable house.

My advice would be if you want a bargain, NOW is the time to buy, before the rush. Renting is never a better option, you will NEVER own your property and you are at the mercy of a landlord and his whims.

EA ?

Edited by Ash4781

How well do you know Dublin exactly?

Pretty well, fire away with any questions!

p.s. just looked up daft.ie, the total number of properties for sale is now 30,816! It only broke the 30,000 barrier the other day. A huge and very scary inventory. And this in a country with one-fifteenth the population of the UK!!

I will post the total as often as I can.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

93,419 new Irish homes seeking buyers

According to this article in the Irish Examiner, there were 93,419 new homes constructed in 2006. This is an increase of 15.4% over the number constructed in 2005. Note that this doesn't represent a 15.4% increase in the total number of homes in Ireland (which presumably would require a 15.4% increase in house buying population). Looking at the 2002 CSO count of 1,287,958 households, if these new homes were filled, it would mean we've had a 7.3% increase in the number of households since 2002. But by my reckoning, the population of Ireland has only increased 3.7% during from 2002-2006. When the music stops it looks like there will be almost twice as many new homes as there are buyers seeking new homes. That is... unless the specuvestors hang on until doomsday.

posted by an_dochasach at 3:00 PM

Brought to you by:

http://irishpropertybubble.blogspot.com/

and

Edited by tara747
Another new thread on the same site! Go to the direct link posted above and click on the 'buying and selling' forum, that'll bring you to the list of threads.

Can't Sell My House.

Comments:

I've had my second house on the market since Sept 2006. I've had only four viewings last year and only one viewing this year - no offers. I've been phoning the estate agent every week since the start of November and so far have dropped the asking price by 10K in late December and another 10K at the start of February. The house has been largely unoccupied since I purchased and can only be described as looking a little bit unlived in but immaculate. I'm getting worried. I can just about afford to drop the price one more time but with the mortgage payments and accumulated costs over the past year this house is starting to cost me more than I'm likely to recover by selling it. Anybody got any ideas? HELP?

This a speculator who has been sitting on an empty property. His hopes of capital gains without doing anything have gone sour. Oh dear, how sad, never mind.