House Price Crash Forum

Todays Inflation Report At 2.7%

hezzaa

HOLA441

2.7% is still way over the target of 2% which the MPC is obliged to honour as its remit. If IRs fail to rise next month then I think we must all accept this as a tacit admission that 3% is the new unofficial target.

The problem is the constitution of the MPC, loaded with Brown's 'Bum Boys'.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
2.7% is still way over the target of 2% which the MPC is obliged to honour as its remit. If IRs fail to rise next month then I think we must all accept this as a tacit admission that 3% is the new unofficial target.

The problem is the constitution of the MPC, loaded with Brown's 'Bum Boys'.

Im not sure what la la land you live in where you think any economic group could control inflation that it always hit 2% Thats why there is a buffer of 1% up or done- inflation must stay between 1-3% with a target of 2%. Any variance below 1% and above 3% then this would be considered to be out of control as Inflation is a long way from target. Having kept inflation within this zone throughout the last 10 years I dont think they have done badly.

Im sure however you think all the figures are made up as everybody who isnt a bear is conspiring against you?!

HOLA443
Guest grumpy-old-man
At least it wasnt a ridiculous bear anti VI SPIN comment. Lets see what happens in the next few months then we will have a clearer picture of what it all means HPC or HPI

cheers for that. I don't believe any stats that are available, whether they are BULL or BEAR, I trust my own judgement only.

edited to add - actually if I'm being totally honest, I would be a bit inclined to believe the bearish statements & stats as they normally come from people who aren't out to make money. :unsure:

Edited by grumpy-old-man

HOLA444
Guest pioneer31
Im not sure what la la land you live in where you think any economic group could control inflation that it always hit 2% Thats why there is a buffer of 1% up or done- inflation must stay between 1-3% with a target of 2%. Any variance below 1% and above 3% then this would be considered to be out of control as Inflation is a long way from target. Having kept inflation within this zone throughout the last 10 years I dont think they have done badly.

Im sure however you think all the figures are made up as everybody who isnt a bear is conspiring against you?!

and you believe the figures?

well it doesn't surprise me. Most of the population can't do simple Maths. They are SO EASY to hoodwink. Lie about inflation for a decade and they're happy as Larry.

Introduce a VISIBLE tax (eg poll tax) and they all start rioting

Brown isn't the world's best magician and he doesn't need to be as long as he is chancellor in the UK

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
You add up like my wife! $57.8 is not $60. Oil prices were $78 during the middle of last year so inflation will come down as long as oil doesnt spring back up. Wholesale gas at 50% of last years price so its all looking good for inflation/dammed VI spin

When America wade into Iran in the next month or so after "finding Austrian rifles, supplied my the Iranians in Iraq", im sure oil prices will then soar!!!!!

HOLA448
When America wade into Iran in the next month or so after "finding Austrian rifles, supplied my the Iranians in Iraq", im sure oil prices will then soar!!!!!

Because Bush could start a war in Iran with a democratic congress- I dont think so

HOLA449
Guest grumpy-old-man
Because Bush could start a war in Iran with a democratic congress- I dont think so

got to disagree with you on this one....

you could spin a coin on this one, but you would be spinning it for a WHEN not IF

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

What a lot of fuss! The bulls appear again en masse for nine pages of crowing at their first piece of good news in weeks.

Says more about the state of the bull's morale than anything else, I think. If the news was the opposite, I think the hoary old adage 'don't read anything into one month's figures' would be wheeled out fast enough.

Perhaps 'clutching at straws' is a bit strong, but only a bit. :P

HOLA4412
Guest pioneer31
What a lot of fuss! The bulls appear again en masse for nine pages of crowing at their first piece of good news in weeks.

Says more about the state of the bull's morale than anything else, I think. If the news was the opposite, I think the hoary old adage 'don't read anything into one month's figures' would be wheeled out fast enough.

Perhaps 'clutching at straws' is a bit strong, but only a bit. :P

I bet many of the bulls are frantically typing away, not realising that they've haven't eaten today. Some may still be in their jim jams. :lol:

HOLA4413
I bet many of the bulls are frantically typing away, not realising that they've haven't eaten today. Some may still be in their jim jams. :lol:

Yes, it must be such a relief that a crash has been put off indefinately. Can't possibly happen now that inflation has edged down for a grand total of one month and a new trend has been established... can it?

HOLA4414