House Price Crash Forum

Hain Says "share City Bonuses With The Poor"

HOLA441

Hain says "Share City bonuses with the poor"

http://*******.com/2wggfn (also http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article....p;in_page_id=2)

Hain is attacking the symptom but not the cause. The cause is the monetary policy of the Bank of England and all central banks around the world. By making interest rates low they force people to accumulate property which they can lend out at above-market rates which creates an accumulation of wealth held by fewer and fewer people. To find out more visit http://www.economicsreform.blogspot.com/

Edited by the_austrian

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Damn the poor! Re-distribute city bonuses? Balderdash! Anyone who advocates this stance does not understand what long hours and stressful work involved to EARN said bonuses. Anyone can earn a city bonus if they like. They just have to sacrifice a little bit of their soul for monetary gain. Once again.... damn Peter Hain and Damn the supporters of such a heinous plot to scrounge off the hard working people who actually support this 3rd world nation.

Bullocks to them and their kin :angry: !

HOLA443

Had a good laugh when I saw this on the front page of 'The Telegraph. Hain really does not understand city bonuses and those that receive them. Your average city worker has no desire to help 'those less fortunate the himself'. Mr. City Worker makes obscene amounts of money from a system that is responsible directly and indirectly for much of world poverty; given this I doubt many have much empathy for the poor. I've been around City *****ers at bonus time and it's a quite nauseating spectacle. Not only does all this unearned money and conspicuous consumption not engender happiness in these creatures, but in many it totally erodes any sense of moral rectitude. I imagine for many when they die in a pool of vomit it must come as a great relief.

HOLA444
Had a good laugh when I saw this on the front page of 'The Telegraph. Hain really does not understand city bonuses and those that receive them. Your average city worker has no desire to help 'those less fortunate the himself'. Mr. City Worker makes obscene amounts of money from a system that is responsible directly and indirectly for much of world poverty; given this I doubt many have much empathy for the poor. I've been around City *****ers at bonus time and it's a quite nauseating spectacle. Not only does all this unearned money and conspicuous consumption not engender happiness in these creatures, but in many it totally erodes any sense of moral rectitude. I imagine for many when they die in a pool of vomit it must come as a great relief.

Unearned? If what you put forth is true, why do the companies and shareholders condone such "unearned" bonuses. I think you will find that city workers actually do sacrifice something more than the average worker to "earn" such bonuses. Is this a question of moral rectitude from your pathetic sense, or simply jealousy for something that you would not sacrifice yourself (although you obviously think that people who "earn" large bonus do not sacrifice anything). Regarding the average city worker, why would city workers have any sympathy for the deadbeat, lowlife, half a$$ed, over unionized worker that you plainly represent? If you want a God damn bonus come an get it! If not, shut the fVck up and deal with the lot in life you have created for yourself. You represent the reason Britain is a bankrupt and morally defunct nation. I suggest you overcome your prejudices and wake up to reality before you and your ilk are discarded to the wayside like unwanted refuse of a healthy and prosperous nation. C0ck! My wife and I just finished work at 2 am this morning by the way. W-O-R-K = Productivity ....

Deadbeat...

Edited by Burned Out

HOLA445
Unearned? If what you put forth is true, why do the companies and shareholders condone such "unearned" bonuses. I think you will find that city workers actually do sacrifice something more than the average worker to "earn" such bonuses. Is this a question of moral rectitude from your pathetic sense, or simply jealousy for something that you would not sacrifice yourself (although you obviously think that people who "earn" large bonus do not sacrifice anything). Regarding the average city worker, why would city workers have any sympathy for the deadbeat, lowlife, half a$$ed, over unionized worker that you plainly represent? If you want a God damn bonus come an get it! If not, shut the fVck up and deal with the lot in life you have created for yourself. You represent the reason Britain is a bankrupt and morally defunct nation. I suggest you overcome your prejudices and wake up to reality before you and your ilk are discarded to the wayside like unwanted refuse of a healthy and prosperous nation. C0ck! My wife and I just finished work at 2 am this morning by the way. W-O-R-K = Productivity ....

Deadbeat...

Lack of sleep makes you cranky, tried coke? The city pays huge bonuses because the parasites that work for it are very close to the fiat money machine. It's like the guy who works in the bakery getting a load of free bread.

HOLA446
Damn the poor! Re-distribute city bonuses? Balderdash! Anyone who advocates this stance does not understand what long hours and stressful work involved to EARN said bonuses. Anyone can earn a city bonus if they like. They just have to sacrifice a little bit of their soul for monetary gain. Once again.... damn Peter Hain and Damn the supporters of such a heinous plot to scrounge off the hard working people who actually support this 3rd world nation.

Bullocks to them and their kin :angry: !

You are either one of these parasites or your greatest ambition is life is to become one of them. Your understanding of economics is rather poor if you consider what goes on in the city as supporting the economy. Productivity is rather reliant on PRODUCING something. The city produces nothing, instead it steals the wealth produces by what remains of the productive economy in this country.

HOLA447

City workers often work 10 - 15 hours a day 7 days a week almost every day of the year. They work hard for their money and they do not get bonuses for nothing. They get paid by results. People that earn a tonne of money should not be envied. Most of the have worked their asses off to get there. If you don't like what they are earning then you follow in their steps and see how hard it is.

HOLA448
City workers often work 10 - 15 hours a day 7 days a week almost every day of the year. They work hard for their money and they do not get bonuses for nothing. They get paid by results. People that earn a tonne of money should not be envied. Most of the have worked their asses off to get there. If you don't like what they are earning then you follow in their steps and see how hard it is.

Hard? Try pulling a night shift as a doctor or nurse. I thought we had long since debunked the myth that these city parasites getting huge bonuses are doing something amazingly difficult. I would have thought the whole Barings bank fiasco would have demonstrated what a load of shite the notion iof the city wizzkid is. Most of these guys couldn't pass an economics GCSE.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I am assuming that the 40% income tax paid on any bonus does some sort of 'helping the poor'.

Anyway Hain is just pitching for DL of Labour so this is just a soundite to keep the faithful onside.

These bonuses should be taxed at 99% over a certain amount.

They add no value to the country and are quite frankly immoral and disgusting.

Plenty of people in this country work just as hard but without the same benefits.

The banking/financial system is responsible for most of the poverty in this world and needs to

be reigned in.

Edited by NoIdea

HOLA4413

I actually do think the City Bonus's are too high, however if they are genuinely attached to performance and the performance is positive then I dont have a problem. I do however think that those that take severence pay having lost fund holders millions from their pensions should not only have half their bonus taken, but also half their scrotum.

HOLA4414
These bonuses should be taxed at 99% over a certain amount.

They add no value to the country and are quite frankly immoral and disgusting.

Plenty of people in this country work just has hard but without the same benefits.

The banking system is responsible for most of the poverty in this world and needs to

be reigned in.

All that would happen if a tax such as you propose was brought in, is the banking sector would by and large, move abroad within a year. The cost to the treasury directly in income related taxes would be astronomical, let alone the knock on to the other services (most of london) which cater to banking sector employees and banking related companies.

I started out working as a picker in a warehouse, and paid my way through uni at night school. Then I got an IT job, and spent a couple of years getting into IT in the banking sector. I can honestly say that the hardest job I ever did was working in a factory. That aside, as far as office jobs go, the banking sector works harder and for longer than other office workers.

At the end of the day the UK is capitalist, has been since the end of the 70's. I figure if you work hard you get paid. If you work smart as well, you can get ahead. Personal opinion only of course.

HOLA4415
All that would happen if a tax such as you propose was brought in, is the banking sector would by and large, move abroad within a year. The cost to the treasury directly in income related taxes would be astronomical, let alone the knock on to the other services (most of london) which cater to banking sector employees and banking related companies.

I started out working as a picker in a warehouse, and paid my way through uni at night school. Then I got an IT job, and spent a couple of years getting into IT in the banking sector. I can honestly say that the hardest job I ever did was working in a factory. That aside, as far as office jobs go, the banking sector works harder and for longer than other office workers.

At the end of the day the UK is capitalist, has been since the end of the 70's. I figure if you work hard you get paid. If you work smart as well, you can get ahead. Personal opinion only of course.

Can't you see that the whole system is built around consumerism and debt. Getting the sheeple to consume and become indebted is the name of the game - its modern day enslavement and these people are the storm troopers.

HOLA4416
Can't you see that the whole system is built around consumerism and debt. Getting the sheeple to consume and become indebted is the name of the game - its modern day enslavement and these people are the storm troopers.

I can see that people have free will, an may or may not choose to take advantage of products or services offered to them. also dont se what right anyone has to tell others they must or must not decide to take advantage of a given product or service which is legally on offer.

I look at it slightly differently... When I was working in a factory, an investment bank loaned the money to retool the company, which saved our jobs at the time (albeit only for a couple of years). Had they not had the right product at the right price for our directors to take advantage of I'd have been out of work and on the dole.

I see them not as being good, or bad, just more or less neutral, depending on what you choose to use them for, and what you then do with any finance they make available to you.

I guess some people are determined to land themselves in trouble, and you just cant legislate to everybody for the benefit of a few people who will only find a different way to screw themselves up.

Should add that I no longer work in anything connected to the finance sector....

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Deadbeat...

I understand what you're saying - several of my family work in similar circumstances to yourself; however it is the Bankers in the family who get the bonuses for their hours, stress and dextrous juggling of other commitments, not the Teachers. I would argue the case for a little parity between hard-working professionals, particularly those who invest in the nation's future ability to support itself (ie the Teachers).

Having said that I also suggest Hain is deluded, or havin' a laff: anyone paying tax is giving a significant amount to support some those on lower incomes - I don't want to get into derogatory generalizations and am well aware of many very hard working people in desperately poor situations; but I too am sick of supporting the other lazy foccers who cannot or will not get off their backsides long enough to hold a job!

TD

HOLA4419

A lot of replies just smack of naivety and base misunderstanding by those who claim it against others.

If they give bonuses to charity, the banks will pay them into the base salary of their workers. SIMPLE.

It's performance related and yes it's related to the fiat system, but without it the economy would be crippled. Yes the city does support the economy - anyone attesting to the contrary hasn't thought things through sufficiently.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

surely city bonuses are the carrot at the end of a life of sacrifices, and compromises. you don't get called multiple nights a week beteen 1-5am when your working behind the till at tescos, and you don't do it for free or your spouse would never forgive you.

Hain has evidently never worked in a real Job (private sector)

HOLA4422
1st step - share city bonuses

next step - share indivdual cash and investments over £50,000

next step - state purchase of all 2nd+ homes

next step - state purchase of all main residences

Hain starting to show the Left's head above the parapet

Lest be careful what we wish for. The kinds of policies being increasingly advocated by Peter Hain and John Cruddas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../11/nhain11.xml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...2/11/cnpe11.xml

are the kinds of old labour tax policies that were actually implemented in the 1970s and many people left these shores to set up in business elsewhere. It very nearly destroyed the country. Lets not go there again.

HOLA4423
Lest be careful what we wish for. The kinds of policies being increasingly advocated by Peter Hain and John Cruddas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../11/nhain11.xml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...2/11/cnpe11.xml

are the kinds of old labour tax policies that were actually implemented in the 1970s and many people left these shores to set up in business elsewhere. It very nearly destroyed the country. Lets not go there again.

quite right

let's face it - any party that is funded by, linked to and lets vote on their leadership, left leaning unions is not going to be good for the asset accumulating population.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1st step - share city bonuses

next step - share indivdual cash and investments over £50,000

next step - state purchase of all 2nd+ homes

next step - state purchase of all main residences

Hain starting to show the Left's head above the parapet

Unfortunately if they ever did do this, I would be the first to put up my feet and do Sweet Fa and I would suggest the vast majority of the population who covet quality of life over material goods would do the same.

Work is in fact good discipline, and the opportunity to do well should be encouraged and although not taken up by all it is those that do take it up that go on to employ those like us who prefer to take the backseat easylife and have a ride.