House Price Crash Forum

Morocco Property- Tanjah Gold And Beach

I have invested in the Tanjah golf and beach resort, has anyone invested here also , be good to get opinions etc. For other investors who have looked into morocco you might have come accross this resort, i didnt go ahead until planning was granted in december ,but i know alot of investors got involved before which is a bit mad if you ask me. I went though a company www.worldwidefrontiers.com , provided with the facts and had a lot of knowledge with the market. I had some issues with some other forums etc some bad press etc but after looking deeper and got the true infomation , it was a no brainer. If anyone was thining of investing overseas i would have a serious look at this , very attractive, be good to get more feedback also.

Thanks

tanjahbeachgolfresort.jpg

post-6366-1170872207_thumb.jpg

Edited by forex&property

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You real estate people are all the same. Do they teach you these wording in school or you just imitate one another

Well thankyou for your kind words, but im far from it, i am a a caterer from bridport , dorset.Sorry if i wasnt the brightest at school . Why is it really hard to to put something honest but get slated for your actions . I am new tyo investing so thought this would be a good idea but looks like i have been mistaken.

I have invested in the Tanjah golf and beach resort, has anyone invested here also , be good to get opinions etc. For other investors who have looked into morocco you might have come accross this resort, i didnt go ahead until planning was granted in december ,but i know alot of investors got involved before which is a bit mad if you ask me. I went though a company www.worldwidefrontiers.com , provided with the facts and had a lot of knowledge with the market. I had some issues with some other forums etc some bad press etc but after looking deeper and got the true infomation , it was a no brainer. If anyone was thining of investing overseas i would have a serious look at this , very attractive, be good to get more feedback also.

Thanks

There are two new resorts new Tanjah, Tanjah Marina and Palm Beach. Are you refering to one of these?

Take no notice of Catara / Tacara - he accuses everyone of being an agent!!!! Me included, so you're in good company!

Catara is a very bitter person. I can only deduce this comes from a deep insecurity, something perhaps rooted in investment fear.

Catara is a very bitter person. I can only deduce this comes from a deep insecurity, something perhaps rooted in investment fear.

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys! The resort is called Tanjah golf and beach , not the other two that where mentioned, i havent seen those resorts ,will take a look . I found that all resorts in Morocco where 40% down which sort of put me off, but the resort i went with was only 12% now and 13% over 3 yrs which worked well.also there is a 5yr 10% rental guartentee which was great. So how you guys getting on with any investments any hidden treasures out there.

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys! The resort is called Tanjah golf and beach , not the other two that where mentioned, i havent seen those resorts ,will take a look . I found that all resorts in Morocco where 40% down which sort of put me off, but the resort i went with was only 12% now and 13% over 3 yrs which worked well.also there is a 5yr 10% rental guartentee which was great. So how you guys getting on with any investments any hidden treasures out there.

I went for Med Saidia. As you say its 40% down which is more than I would have liked but the resort gives me the security I need on many levels.

Health facilities are of prime importance to me as I have young children and have had scares in the past where sudden serious conditions strike without warning, such as Croup. The on site small hospital was therefore a significant attraction, I didnt want some 1 room clinic with a part time Doc to rely on.

Also I want maximum rentals. I felt Saidia's 3 on - site (not down the road) golf courses, plus large beach, plus many leisure and sports facilities, cinemas, 500 shop shopping centre, stadium vast modern marina etc would help maximise the appeal of the place year round.

Also liked the fact there will be several on - site rental agents competing for my business and 11 large hotels which will act as a free marketing organ 24/7.

Every developer in Morocco tells us there is a 'palace down the road' or 'the King has a holiday home here'. Mmmmmmmm

In the end the only sites the have the Kings guarantee and direct interest are the 6 Government 'Plan Azure' sites. Again this helped underpin my need for investor and perhaps physical security.

In other words Id rather risk 40% now in return for longterm benefits.

Crucially I also like the 15 year 'no further build' guarantee. Smaller non plan azure developments will all jostle for attention whereas there is a very limited supply of property that cant expand in Saidia.

I did like the look of the Tanjah property as long as the CAD is a true reflection of what is planned - be careful time and time again the designs are just a marketing gimmick. On one Moroccan development near Casablanca the designs where very impressive with domes and towers, yet the finalised drawings looked like an East German communist era block!

Thats not to say Id critiscise others investing in the small one - off developments, just not for me is all. Perhaps Im too much of a worryier!

Edited by dogbox

• 3 weeks later...

I have just made a purchase of a 3 bed penthouse on tanjah beach for £104k with 12% down, frontline golf and ocean views. The roof terrace comes with a jacuzzi. The combination of front line golf and clear ocean views has not been offered by any of the larger golf developments as far as i can see. For me this is an outstanding investment. If the finish is of five star standard which is being promised, i think this will resort will be enormously popular. I think many people will not want to stay in the mega city like rsort developments of Saidia and possibly Port Lixus. This will be a very relaxing resort and a good alternative.

The prices and payment structure are unbelieveably good value. I would recommend people get in on this site before the prices go up.

I reserved through Offplan planet and Laurie, the owner was very helpful.

Only drawback I could see is the road. I am going out to sight to see how much this will impact the site before I sign the contract.

I understand it is the old coastal road between Tangiers and Asiliah. there is now a toll road motorway built at the back, but apparantly the locals still use the old road as you don't have to pay.

Has anyone been out there and had a look at this road between the resort and the beach?

Is it very busy?

Do you think it will spoil the development?

I will keep you all posted when i get back from my inspection trip. Can't believe I am going to fly out all the way to Morocco to look at a blo*dy road, but there you go!

http://www.dreamworld.com/tanjah/default.asp

Have a look at the web site. i am sure you will aggree for the prices and payment structure the resort is extremely compelling as an investment option.

Tanjah Resort

Tanjah Beach and Golf Resort specifications will be to a five-star standard, and include, but are by no means limited to, the following facilities:

18 hole world-class golf course

Indoor spa & fitness club

Water-park

Sports centre

Tennis and paddle courts

Swimming pools

Children's club & playgrounds

Beach club with water-sport facilities

Restaurants, bars and night clubs

Open air amphitheatre & cinema

Medical centre

Business facilities

Car rental and transfer office

24hr/365day security

Supermarkets

Tourist shop

Hair salons

Boutiques

Souk market in the main piazza allowing local traders to exhibit and sell their goods

Property Specifications

Tanjah Beach and Golf resort specifications will be to a five-star standard, and include, but are by no means limited to, the following facilities:

Heating and air conditioning

Heat-reflective glass

Fully-fitted kitchens with granite work surfaces

Phone, Satellite and Internet connectivity

Fully-fitted wardrobes

Safes in all units

Storage areas for owners

Appropriate parking facilities

Jacuzzis on terraces in the case of Penthouses and Villas

Fitted bathroom suites with high specification accessories

The specification of the development is constantly being reviewed and improved.

Property Plans

Each block is split into 18 x 2 bed apartments and 3 x 3 bed penthouses. Apartments are 85 sq. m. with a 20 sq. m. terrace. Penthouses are 100 sq. m. with a 60 sq. m. terrace

Boomorbust and forex&property

When this development was releasd I was keen on it. A few weeks after it was released I visited Morocco for a fortnight (early July) and there was nobody there that could show me the site for Tanjah. That put me off. I liked the payment plan (better than it is now with 30% being paid into an escrew account over 3 years, balance on completion.) I also liked the layout and felt it was, on paper, that little bit better than PBGR et all on the North Atlantic Coast. Since then there has been a fiasco whereby potential purchasers were taken over for a party of sorts where various permissions were expected to be unveiled. Most on that trip were disappointed. I understand more pieces of the jigsaw are in place just now, but urge caution. That obviosly applies to any investment, its just that there have been shall we say, hiccups, with this one. It sounds like you are both aware of the difficulties this development has had. One final opinion from me:- I think this strip of the Atlantic will become one long stretch of developments that border each other. If that's the case then Tanjah won't be the tranquil spot some hope it will be. (This strip will cover a larger area than Saidia and likely be more densely populated with tourist accomodation.)

Yes, i have spoken to a number of people about this. I understand the launch was badly handled and planning permission and building permits weren't in place. Planning permission has been granted and building permissions have been agreed and they are awaiting the certificate, which they expect to get any day now. Once they get this, the development units are going to be increased by 25%.

Until this is in place the deposit is 100% refundable.

Frequently Asked Questions (from Dreamworld website)

Q. Is the deposit refundable?

A. Yes, up to exchange of contracts.

Q. What deposite do I require to exchange contracts?

A. 12% of the purchase price payable on exchange and 13% can be paid via a deffered payment plan, which means you can pay monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annually in advance.

Q. Is there a rental guarantee?

A. There will be a guarantee package with a rental value to include 10% of the purchase price.

Q. What sort of capital growth has been experienced in this area and what are the prospects?

A. Between 20-25% per annum in Tangier, nationally between 15-25%.

Q. Are mortgages available, if so whom are they done through and what types are available?

A. Yes, the agreed mortgage is 75% of the purchase price over a period of 15 years with a grace period for the first 2 years. More details are provided in the mortgage section. This unique mortgage package is only available through Dreamworld.

Q. Is life insurance mandatory on the mortgage?

A. Yes, life insurance on the mortgage is mandatory.

Q. Are copies of the purchase contracts available and easily obtained?

A. Currently being finalised and will be available by December 2006 to February 2007.

Q. Are the contracts assignable?

A. Yes contracts are assignable.

Q. Are there stage payments available? If yes, is a deposit needed and are details of this easily obtained?

A. Stage payments are available through the Deferred Payment Plan (DPP). The standard reservation and admin fee are required and then three months (if using monthly scheme) are payable in the first instalment. Details of this can easily be obtained off the Dreamworld website or through an introducer.

Q. What are the anticipated purchase costs?

A. Buyers should allow for approximately 6% of the purchase price or up to 7% if requiring a mortgage.

Q. Has the Authorisation for the Resort been granted?

A. Yes, on 16.12.06. The Authorisation can be compared with the Outline Planning Permission granted in the UK.

Q. Has the Construction Licence been granted?

A. No, but it is expected in March 2007. The Construction Licence can be compared with the detailed Planning Permission granted in the UK.

Q. Does the Developer own the site?

A. Yes and it is registered at the Land Registry.

Q. What does Dreamworld offer for this Investment?

A. Dreamworld offers:

The opportunity to purchase at preconstruction licence prices.

Exceptional mortgage package.

Exclusive Rental package.

Furniture package.

UK legal representation.

Low acquisition cost.

Re-sales service

After sales service.

Case-tracking facilities.

Online web cams to keep you updated on build progress 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year until final completion.

5 Star European standards signature developments.

Q. Will there be a price increase?

A. Yes, upon the grant of the Construction Licence prices will rise by about 20%.

Q. Is VAT included in the purchase price?

A. Yes VAT is 14% and is included in your purchase price.

Q. Are there bank guarantees for the monies paid over?

A. Yes.

Q. Is there any bank comfort letter and the Developer's bank?

A. Yes, you can view the comfort letter in the docmentation section.

Tanjah Beach is going to be one of 5 adjoining golf resorts on the Atlantic coast between Tangiers and Asilah.

The resorts are (in order from Tangiers)

1. Paradise Golf & Beach Resort

2. Tinja(no plans yet)

3. Al Houara

4. Tanjah Beach & Golf Resort

5. Cote De Lune(no plans yet)

I think this is going to make this area a fantastic and very upmarket destination and just a hop over the water from spain.

The Tinja resort is Emaar and will have a large marina, attracting the very wealthy to this area. As these resorts border each other, I think people will use the golf and other facilities of the neighbouring resorts interchangably.

One word of caution. Make sure that any unit you reserve in a resort does not have views of the ocean blocked by other units in a neighbouring resort. It is easy to think you have clear unobstructed sea views, when in reality the neighbouring resorts units are blocking your view.

The Tinja resort is Emaar and will have a large marina, attracting the very wealthy to this area. As these resorts border each other, I think people will use the golf and other facilities of the neighbouring resorts interchangably.

Tinja will not have a marina.I was speaking to an agent a few days ago who told me the marina will not be going ahead

• 2 weeks later...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been informed that the dreamworld have recieved the construction license , prices will be increasing by 25% any day now. Good news for investors who have already bought there, if not and you are thinking about it you still have till end of next week. Any info visit http://www.worldwidefrontiers.com/properti...hgolfresort.asp you will get most info from the site but would be useful to talk to Ian he will be able to help you with your enquiry.

Pointers only 12% Deposit on exchange

13% over 3yrs interest free

5yr 10% rental guarantee .

• 2 weeks later...

I was one of those early investors in the tanjah beach but withdrew after we could not get anyone from the agent to have the grace to show us the site (I should add that we had reserved 3 apartments which i think should have warranted SOME attention). Instead we got stories...& that kind of summed up our experience with the whole thing ...story after story...

We have changed tack and have gone for a renovation project that we can start making rental incomes on PDQ as a result I have been out to Asilah 5 times in the last 4 months.

Someone asked a question re the road...it is busy? This is the main road so yes it is busy (yes even in these winter months) & In July & August I can only imagine what it is like as the international festival at Asilah gets underway. Do not let people tell you it's a side road & everyone uses the motorway, they won't pay the tolls so they only use it is the Asilah road is jammed.

I think the area is lovely & we have seen for ourselves that a lot of external investment is being made in the area...just ABT (Anything but.....)

I was one of those early investors in the tanjah beach but withdrew after we could not get anyone from the agent to have the grace to show us the site (I should add that we had reserved 3 apartments which i think should have warranted SOME attention). Instead we got stories...& that kind of summed up our experience with the whole thing ...story after story...

We have changed tack and have gone for a renovation project that we can start making rental incomes on PDQ as a result I have been out to Asilah 5 times in the last 4 months.

Someone asked a question re the road...it is busy? This is the main road so yes it is busy (yes even in these winter months) & In July & August I can only imagine what it is like as the international festival at Asilah gets underway. Do not let people tell you it's a side road & everyone uses the motorway, they won't pay the tolls so they only use it is the Asilah road is jammed.

I think the area is lovely & we have seen for ourselves that a lot of external investment is being made in the area...just ABT (Anything but.....)

I admire your spunk as they say. It takes a lot of drive and bottle to do this.

I fancy doing some development at some point with some like minded individuals.

An agent put me off Asilah. He claims a huge low cost housing scheme is being built here which he described as 'Morocco's Broadwater Farm'. I think he said over 100000 homes, sounds a lot to me.

yes well we are not expecting it to be easy... but Asilah is very attractive, with an established tourist trade & the medina is lovely & is attracting a lot of Spanish developing these old houses. There are even visitors through the winter as we have seen for ourselves (& the weather can be a tad changeable!!)

Re the local housing project. It is true that there is a new housing project currently under construction however this is on the south side of the new town not in the old medina (about a mile away). I don't know the actual numbers of units but it didn't look that scary when we saw them going up.....but I do know it's got to be better than the shanty town that poorer families are forced to currently live in & that are such a "feature" when visiting the local market about half a mile away. I am no bleeding heart but jeez who doesn't want kids to have clean running water? Morocco is a poor country & they need decent housing...personally we prefer to see an integrated community at all income levels rather than a gated community which to our taste is sterile...& also does not reflect the rather joyous way Moroccans "mix it up that is one of the reasons we have purchased there! Hey is that is partly funded by foreighers coming in & snapping up new off plans etc I'm all for it!!

I see from some of your previous postings that you are an experienced investor but that you invest "with the head" & do not visit a lot of the time (you must be brave!!)....I would not recommend that in this instance as I agree with omne of the previous posters - "buy what you like & feel comfortable with" also a grasp of Arabic, French or Spanish is a must if you are to make sense of what's going on. NW Morocco is really "buzzy" though & if you can take a trip out there I am sure you will find lots to interest you outside of Saida...go on dogbox.... get out of that armchair & go exploring down the Atlantic coast...you know you want to!!!

yes well we are not expecting it to be easy... but Asilah is very attractive, with an established tourist trade & the medina is lovely & is attracting a lot of Spanish developing these old houses. There are even visitors through the winter as we have seen for ourselves (& the weather can be a tad changeable!!)

Re the local housing project. It is true that there is a new housing project currently under construction however this is on the south side of the new town not in the old medina (about a mile away). I don't know the actual numbers of units but it didn't look that scary when we saw them going up.....but I do know it's got to be better than the shanty town that poorer families are forced to currently live in & that are such a "feature" when visiting the local market about half a mile away. I am no bleeding heart but jeez who doesn't want kids to have clean running water? Morocco is a poor country & they need decent housing...personally we prefer to see an integrated community at all income levels rather than a gated community which to our taste is sterile...& also does not reflect the rather joyous way Moroccans "mix it up that is one of the reasons we have purchased there! Hey is that is partly funded by foreighers coming in & snapping up new off plans etc I'm all for it!!

I see from some of your previous postings that you are an experienced investor but that you invest "with the head" & do not visit a lot of the time (you must be brave!!)....I would not recommend that in this instance as I agree with omne of the previous posters - "buy what you like & feel comfortable with" also a grasp of Arabic, French or Spanish is a must if you are to make sense of what's going on. NW Morocco is really "buzzy" though & if you can take a trip out there I am sure you will find lots to interest you outside of Saida...go on dogbox.... get out of that armchair & go exploring down the Atlantic coast...you know you want to!!!

Hope to fit in a visit this year.

Wondered what your take is on the Political scene? The reason I ask is that the owner of the Gym I use keeps telling me Ive made a big mistake and that tensions are about to get a lot bigger, that no one will holiday in Morocco.

Dont worry Im not swayed by him, just wondered what your 'on the ground' experience brings.

My own opinion is that people learn to adapt and accept potential risk, hence the sucess of Dubai and Turkey as well as Egypt as tourist magnates and that although some people will always avoid any risk, others simply get on with life and dare I say quickly forget nasty events.

In the end I think people will see a lot of quality holiday accomodation appearing in the brochures, note the short flight time and hey presto Morocco will become one of the leading destinations for Brits within about 6 years.