• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
When you walk/drive down the street.

How many houses cry out to you to be a home. How many have a nice garden that you could enjoy the coming summer in, or the house despite its many faults, just says you. How many would would be a relaxing safe haven for you, a place to truely call home.

Every single day you must pass hundreds of them. How many do you look at and think this?.

Every single day you must pass hundreds, it must be killing you.

Go on be honest. Tell the investment appraisal lot to f*** **f and the 'place to call a home' is the most single important factor to you, and its killing you.

None!

All the houses in my street are very nice, just like my rented home. I've done my home up very nicely thankyou, I even laid a brand new lawn in the back garden late last summer and I will be enjoying it for the first time this summer thank you very much. Over the years I've fitted a shower, built in oven, replaced the naff kitchen lino with some reasonably cheap laminate and this year I'm fitting a gas fire in the living room.

Ohhhh, btw, I'm one of the few fortunate people left in this country to have a very nice rented home on an ASSURED TENANCY!

I think if we had a decent social housing stock in this country, we wouldn't even be having this conversation....do you?

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest pioneer31
If the work dries up i'm stuffed. But its there in abundance. BOE 1/4% paaaaa.

you're right. 1/4 is paaaaa

They'll need a few of them to tame 4.4% RPI. :lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447

How many houses cry out to you to be a home. How many have a nice garden that you could enjoy the coming summer in, or the house despite its many faults, just says you. How many would would be a relaxing safe haven for you, a place to truely call home.

Every single day you must pass hundreds of them. How many do you look at and think this?.

Go on be honest. Tell the investment appraisal lot to f*** **f and the 'place to call a home' is the most single important factor to you, and its killing you.

You pay your local council thousands of pounds (council tax) to live in your home and Council tax set to double over the next few years. If you fail to pay your council tax you lose your home. You have to get permission from the local council before you do any building work and they tell you what you can and can't do with property. They supervise any building works that is done. They can even come in a photograph the insides. What people like you have failed to realise is that houses have been renationalised by stealth. You don't own your property at all.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Yeah, logged in constantly over that time. I look like Robinson Cruso I've been sitting here for so long.

Maybe I should go and troll on a property bull's website?

Or that would be a bit sad?

Anyway, that's enough troll feeding for one day.

Troll, its nice and convenient isn't it.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
It is interest though how this type of trolling has increased massively in the last couple of weeks. If I remember rightly this also happened in 2005 when the market was cooling.

I've also been thinking that reinforcements seemed to have arrived recently for the bulls/trolls/neithers.

With a few exceptions, trolls appear to be sprinters rather than stayers fortunately!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

my rent is around a 100 quid a month on a 2 bed semi. i'll rent till house prices are cheap and i can still have a life, you know, beer, cars and holidays. I have no intention of getting into massive debt, just for somewhere to keep dry and warm. When i speak to people who have brought in the last few years, i think why? why do you spend so much, and go without?

My mate has just brought a house with his wife, and now they can't afford kids. Balls to that.

Kids, sorted. Holiday this year, sorted. New car, sorted. Quality of life, sorted. I think i'll sit in my cheap rented house and wait. Until prices drop, i'll be down the pub. :P

HOLA4415
Guest pioneer31
1/4, 1/2 and full point not going to do serious damage, sure I'd like the money in the back pocket but thats just the way it goes.

let's wait and see

you never told us what line of business you are in (assuming that you're telling the truth and not a 15 yr old boy sat on his dads pc, messing with himself)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I would love to own a home BUT why would I want to own a depreciating asset? W4nker.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Totally agree. I felt exactly that as soon as I clapped eyes on the advert for the house I have RENTED. It was totally new inside, looked after the landlords team of maintainence people with a garden so big they employ a garder to do it for us and I have never laid so much a piant brush or a screwdriver on it.

I pay about half of what it would cost me on a mortgage and I have can have it for as long as I want.

Yep you are right its great to have a place you can call home. Its even better if someone else looks after it and pays for it too!

HOLA4421
Guest prudence
I think the HPC Forum trolls are possibly the same person

The posting styles are oh-so similar

Bruno is certainly a frequent troller who uses a variety of monikers. On this thread he is "bricking it". On another thread he is "Charlotte" ... and so on.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

You is well funny. I pass THOUSANDS of houses every day and I haven't heard a single one of them say anything.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Only one and I shall be trading down to buy it.

After being STR for 6 months I've found the right place That's down from 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms to 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom

Truth is, that's the way it's going..down.

I'm no longer proud to live in a 5 bed property with a seperate library......

I would feel stupid living in "the place to call a home" today if I had to call it "the place that cost me plenty" next month.

Glad you agree with me.