House Price Crash Forum

Renters Answer Me One Question

BrickingIt

HOLA441

When you walk/drive down the street.

How many houses cry out to you to be a home. How many have a nice garden that you could enjoy the coming summer in, or the house despite its many faults, just says you. How many would would be a relaxing safe haven for you, a place to truely call home.

Every single day you must pass hundreds of them. How many do you look at and think this?.

Every single day you must pass hundreds, it must be killing you.

Go on be honest. Tell the investment appraisal lot to f*** **f and the 'place to call a home' is the most single important factor to you, and its killing you.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest prudence

How many houses cry out to you to be a home. How many have a nice garden that you could enjoy the coming summer in, or the house despite its many faults, just says you. How many would would be a relaxing safe haven for you, a place to truely call home.

Every single day you must pass hundreds of them. How many do you look at and think this?.

Go on be honest. Tell the investment appraisal lot to f*** **f and the 'place to call a home' is the most single important factor to you, and its killing you.

A stupid purchase does not provide a relaxing safe haven.........

BTW, I think this is yet another Bruno post..........On another thread he is posting as Charlotte. He uses many monikers

Edited by prudence

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
n the street.

How many would would be a relaxing safe haven for you, a place to truely call home.

This is girly talk! If you're wanting to take the pi55 then you're pushing the wrong buttons for a lot of posters on this site.

We're not all cozy little homebodies you know! Your words make squirm with embarrassment.

HOLA446
HOLA447
How many would would be a relaxing safe haven for you, a place to truely call home.

This sentence is the reason why your analysis doesn't apply to me. I look at houses and think "what a load of over priced tosh". I can honestly say that the last thing I would want to do is buy one because I know that I wouldn't be sitting there thinking how safe and relaxing it is. Instead I'd be sitting there working out how I could afford to do anything other than just sit there and fret about how I was going to keep up the mortgage payments.

Edited by ulster_exile

HOLA448
Guest prudence
This is girly talk! If you're wanting to take the pi55 then you're pushing the wrong buttons for a lot of posters on this site.

We're not all cozy little homebodies you know! Your words make squirm with embarrassment.

I once stupidly looked at his website. He lives in a very grubby hole

HOLA449

None at all, as I can only afford to rent a cramped drafty house in a street-full of cramped drafty houses slowly becoming converted into bedsits by BTL Rachman-types to cater to a growing mass of impoverished people.

If I were to buy I could live somewhere much, much worse.

My options are 'go back in time and be born five years earlier and afford a half-decent 3 bed semi with only modest financial stress', 'experience extreme financial stress buying any old crap', 'go somewhere marginally cheaper and face a huge traffic-jammed commute' or 'wait and see if prices crash'.

So, no, there's no 'temptation to buy' here, although, yes, I admit to the troll that renting is pretty dire for several reasons.

HOLA4410
This sentence is the reason why your analysis doesn't apply to me. I look at houses and think "what a load of over priced tosh". I can honestly say that the last thing I would want to do is buy one because I know that I wouldn't be sitting there thinking how safe and relaxing it is. Instead I'd be sitting there working out how I could afford to do anything other than just sit there and fret about how I was going to keep up the mortgage payments.

I used to think this, and pissed away a fortune on renting at the time whilst worrying.

HOLA4411
Guest muttley

I'll answer this one. None. I see houses that I like, but they aren't up for sale. When they do come up for sale they are ridiculously overpriced.

I didn't like renting at first, but that was because we were renting something we wouldn't consider buying as it was too small. Now we have a huge, smart family home in a good area. Happy renters here.

HOLA4412
Guest pioneer31

*yawn*

This is your only outlet to attempt to annoy people (bullied at school, I expect)

How sad.

HOLA4413
:lol:

You really think people on here are as thick as yourself don't you? Pathetic... <_<

Everyday I walk/drive past hundreds of houses, and think to myself, massive debt, massive debt, nice car (nicer than the house) -> MEW -> massive debt...

A home is what you make of it, whether it's rented or purchased does not guarantee happiness, especially if it's a dive that you can ill-afford...

You're starting to make a tit of yourself now btw...

Denial. Owning is renting is many respects with control of your environment as at least the most important factor although fixed repayment with inflation wages, capital growth etc i'm sure ranks up there.

HOLA4414
:lol:

You really think people on here are as thick as yourself don't you? Pathetic... <_<

Everyday I walk/drive past hundreds of houses, and think to myself, massive debt, massive debt, nice car (nicer than the house) -> MEW -> massive debt...

A home is what you make of it, whether it's rented or purchased does not guarantee happiness, especially if it's a dive that you can ill-afford...

You're starting to make a tit of yourself now btw...

It is interest though how this type of trolling has increased massively in the last couple of weeks. If I remember rightly this also happened in 2005 when the market was cooling. If this really is the beginning of a protracted downturn you can expect this type of trolling to continue increasing.

All incouraging stuff really.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I used to think this, and pissed away a fortune on renting at the time whilst worrying.

That is where we are different then. I'm not pissing away my fortune, I have been able to save a large sum of money by having the flexibility to move around the country with career building opportunities. I've not been worrying about it either. I'm comfortable in the knowledge that economic cycles are cycles for a reason and that in time the housing market will come full circle.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
It is interest though how this type of trolling has increased massively in the last couple of weeks. If I remember rightly this also happened in 2005 when the market was cooling. If this really is the beginning of a protracted downturn you can expect this type of trolling to continue increasing.

All incouraging stuff really.

All roads lead to HPC dont they?.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

To be honest its a very small percentage

I rent a 750K house for half the price of buying it at todays prices

The majority of houses I pass are not as good - plus its a huge house by UK standards and a maintenance/DIY nightmare for the owner (which isn't me - thank f*ck for that!)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Denial. Owning is renting is many respects with control of your environment as at least the most important factor although fixed repayment with inflation wages, capital growth etc i'm sure ranks up there.

Sorry, can someone translate this for me? I'm sure it is not written in English.

HOLA4425