House Price Crash Forum

Im Calling Top

NoIdea

HOLA441

You heard it here first :)

Looks like GB bribe to become PM (and stay PM) has run out of steam due to Tony Blairs

procrastination.

A very ambitious man with an ideology to spread - should be shouted down at all costs.

I pray to god the electorate kick him out come polling day.

HOLA442

Frank Field recently claimed that the Blairites are so determined to keep Brown out that they'd enginner an economic downturn (driven by a housing market downturn) to get rid of any prospect of a Brown regime. Frank's a well-connected MP and speaks a great deal of sense.

G

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA443
You heard it here first :)

Looks like GB bribe to become PM (and stay PM) has run out of steam due to Tony Blairs

procrastination.

A very ambitious man with an ideology to spread - should be shouted down at all costs.

I pray to god the electorate kick him out come polling day.

Calling the top of the housing market or the top of Gordon Brown's career?

HOLA444
HOLA445
I'm calling the Top

I'm sure millions of people will be grateful that you have "called" the top all by yourself in what must be a fantastically brave and intelligent step, unparalleled in the history of the world. The fact that you do this so modestly only increases the respect and admiration that your inspired statement will attract.

Thanks so much for your unique insight which I am sure this whole forum will remember for a long time. Indeed, if (or rather "when", since you are utterly convinced of your abilities) in 2008 interest rates are 17% and the average house is worth tuppence, I will look back with pride and affection that I once shared a forum with a man called "NoIdea" who single handedly and with great humility "called" the top.

Marvellous.

(No offence...just a light hearted dig)

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

HOLA446
I'm sure millions of people will be grateful that you have "called" the top all by yourself in what must be a fantastically brave and intelligent step, unparalleled in the history of the world. The fact that you do this so modestly only increases the respect and admiration that your inspired statement will attract.

Thanks so much for your unique insight which I am sure this whole forum will remember for a long time. Indeed, if (or rather "when", since you are utterly convinced of your abilities) in 2008 interest rates are 17% and the average house is worth tuppence, I will look back with pride and affection that I once shared a forum with a man called "NoIdea" who single handedly and with great humility "called" the top.

Marvellous.

VP

I'll defer my reply for 6 months. Then we can both speak with the benefit of hindsight :)

HOLA447
I'll defer my reply for 6 months. Then we can both speak with the benefit of hindsight :)

Thanks for not taking offence.

I recall quite a few here have "called" many things in the past. A dangerous occupation, since quite a few Top calls have been made and they've all been wrong, though I wish they HAD been right.

However in this case, I reckon you are probably right, but I also reckon about 10 million other people have also called the Top inside their heads, without publishing it, on the grounds that it is fairly obvious.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

HOLA448
I recall quite a few here have "called" many things in the past. A dangerous occupation, since quite a few Top calls have been made and they've all been wrong, though I wish they HAD been right.

Even once the crash has happened will will look back and see that house prices in different regions reached their peak at different times as well.

HOLA449
Thanks for not taking offence.

However in this case, I reckon you are probably right, but I also reckon about 10 million other people have also called the Top inside their heads, without publishing it, on the grounds that it is fairly obvious.

VP

It was tongue in cheek. The only point I wanted to make was this whole mess and future pain has been caused by

one mans ambition to be Prime Minister.

He couldnt do it through presentation and charisma so chose to get in by the back door - unfortunately his plan has

failed as the incumbent has been reluctant to move on. If only TB hadn't promised him No. 10. none of this would

have happened.

IMHO.

Edited by NoIdea

HOLA4410
Calling the top of the housing market or the top of Gordon Brown's career?

HPI was Gordons career. Apart from grossly inflated house prices what else has he done?

1. Worst deficit since 1997

2. Highest number unemployed since 1997

3. Highest personal debt level---ever.

4. Highest goverment spending in relation to GDP in decades.

5. Highest inflation since 1997.

6. Highest level of bankruptcy in 10 years.

HOLA4411
Frank Field recently claimed that the Blairites are so determined to keep Brown out that they'd enginner an economic downturn (driven by a housing market downturn) to get rid of any prospect of a Brown regime. Frank's a well-connected MP and speaks a great deal of sense.

I'm not too sure Frank's right here - Blair has almost no levers to control the economy, the great achievement of the Granita lunch for Brown. Unless of course Blair comes out with a public statement saying house prices are going to crash - which i reckon is unlikely.

HOLA4412
HPI was Gordons career. Apart from grossly inflated house prices what else has he done?

The top will be once Gordon becomes PM. Until then, all necessary measures will

be taken to satisfy 70% of the elect.. homeonwers.

HOLA4413

Gordon Brown has done all the dirty work for Tony, during his 10 years as PM everything has looked fantastic within the economy, of course those that do'nt believe in free lunches know the real score.

Gordon Brown is now going to reign when everything is going t**s up, and to top it all he is also Scottish, he does not have a hope in hell.

Tony will leave number 10 unscathed, he will then go on the after dinner speeches circuit along with his money grabbing wife, and they say crime does not pay :)

Sam

HOLA4414
The ambitious part I'd agree is risky (although you don't get to Downing Street by not being ambitious). But the ideology part - as a general rule or in this specific case?

As a general rule surely all politicians have (and need) an ideology to base their opinions on. Maggie introduced buying council houses because her ideology included that people should be able to own property.

The difficult thing is working out what that ideology is before the votes are cast, which of the ideologies on offer you prefer, and then hoping it doesn't change too much after you've voted.

Who was it said (words to the effect of) "Democracy is such an dubious form of government as, once elected, politicians can be as useless and terrible as they like but you have to endure them for four full years"? At least in an alternative political system you can have a jolly good riot / coup / power struggle and change more often. You get less stability, but you don't get the farcical cycle of a couple of years of unpopular taxes and lawmaking (and warmaking) followed by a couple of years of charming the public with populist tax cuts and sweet-talking ready for the next election. <_<

Having four-five year political terms means politicians aren't kept to election promises, aren't held to account in the short term (which is all the memory a nation has collectively, in spite of decades of news archives available online), and means that an underlying ideology (theoretically left wing / right wing) is about the most stable thing you can bank on. Theoretically. :rolleyes: So I'd rather know what it is and vote accordingly than have politicians pretending they don't have one! :)

HOLA4415

HPI is the ONLY thing that has kept Labour in power - they have been very good at that...

HOLA4416
Guest barebear
HPI is the ONLY thing that has kept Labour in power - they have been very good at that...

Of course hpi is not just common to this country,Labour have been lucky to have been in power in the war against terrorism years. Luck thats all it is,same thing would of happened if the tories had have been in and we would have had some other stuck up his own ar$e ***** going for pm.

HOLA4417

Returning to the original topic of whether we've reached the top, I believe it will take a little longer for pending transactions (indicated by the number of mortgage approvals) to work their way through the system. Also it will take time for the oil tanker of sentiment to turn fully - it's only just beginning to with the recent high inflation numbers and rate increases.

My prediction is that the peak nationwide average house price will occur in september 2007.

HOLA4418

Marvellous.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4419

Marvellous.

VP

Hey, were you in my year at the sarcasm academy ? :D

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425