House Price Crash Forum

Renting Is Wasted Money?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest X-QUORK
Shows how weak your arguments are when you need the moderators to protect you

Don't make me laugh! Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Your arguments are only noticable for their complete absence in any of your posts.

Not for us...I'm so sick and tired about EAs telling me that I waste our Money renting....

We pay 1250 pcm for a 3 bed detached, work gives us 150£ towards the rent, makes it 1100 pcm..then we get every month a little more the 500 £ interest on our savings..that brings it down to 600 £.. Landlord would sell the house for maybe 350k..you do the math

And you pay how much in TAX on your interest payments?

Hi monopoly , like the avatar , thats one of the fat [email protected] out of viz if you didn't know .

We rent a semi worth 290k , rent is £1,100 = 13,200 per year , could buy it tommorow for cash , but that cash is now earning over the 13,200 as many accounts are paying NET 4.5% , also all new appliances , don't pay building insurance and maintenance etc. etc. , got no problems with renting , stacks of rental houses available around here , houses selling here for the same as they were 3 years ago .

2003 = 0%

2004 = started going down

2005 = down a bit more

2006 = now back up to 2003 prices

2007 = ???????????

maybe i'm being naive but if the figures above are right then it doesn't seem like a crash is as likely / necessary / justified round your way then............

Got a postcode (or nearby postcode if you're paranoid)? I suspect your figures are erm... complete nonsense.

Yes i am paranoid :P so Im not prepared to put my exact postcode on here , i have brochures from 2003 from my local EA , the SAME type of houses in the SAME roads are selling for the same prices , the house i rent sold for 294k in 2003 , same type of house almost opposite sold last November for guess what 294 k , there are plenty more comparables , but i'm not listing them as your the suspect your the sort desperate to pull them apart any way .

Monopoly , youv'e only been back in the country about a year so you have seen some rises , but they have only risen back to there end of 2003 prices .

OVER 3 YEARS THEY ARE FLAT

but

OVER 1 YEAR THEY ARE UP .

Don't make me laugh! Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Your arguments are only noticable for their complete absence in any of your posts.

Renting is wasted money

Interest on a mortgage is also wasted money

They are BOTH wasted money

Got that Einstein?

Renting is wasted money

Got that Einstein?

Hey Einstein. Don't you receive something in return for your rent/interest on a mortgage? I have not seen you write anything rational, logical or based in reality so far on this thread.

Please explain why getting a mortgage is better than renting. Feel free to elucidate with references to the current economic environment, risk-return and cost-benefit analysis.

Than maybe we can understand your great brain. <_<

Edited by Burned Out
Just as I suspected, talking complete crap. You keep kidding yourself if it keeps you happy.

As i suspected you are thick , 100% ignorant and full of crap , i gave you an answer that indeed many on here would agree with and that was your reply , whats errr your take on it then Mr. Crap ???????

Yes i am paranoid :P so Im not prepared to put my exact postcode on here , i have brochures from 2003 from my local EA , the SAME type of houses in the SAME roads are selling for the same prices , the house i rent sold for 294k in 2003 , same type of house almost opposite sold last November for guess what 294 k , there are plenty more comparables , but i'm not listing them as your the suspect your the sort desperate to pull them apart any way .

Monopoly , youv'e only been back in the country about a year so you have seen some rises , but they have only risen back to there end of 2003 prices .

OVER 3 YEARS THEY ARE FLAT

but

OVER 1 YEAR THEY ARE UP .

what level of crash are you anticipating in an area (harrow? really?) that has seen no HPI in over 3 years?

don't know your position but if someone str'd anytime back then seems they'd need a healthy reduction to compensate with increased IR's and 3 years of non mortgage repayment.

Couple more points regards renting vs buying

''Owner'' has to fork out for repair bills. My LL has paid over 2k in repair bills since I moved in :lol:

Interest on a mortgage is dead money

Buyer does not ''own'' the house until the mortgage is paid off in full and they have received the deeds to the property

Home owners are in debt unless they have paid the mortgage off

Homeowners are enslaved by the banks until mortgage is paid off in full

Renting for the most part is stress free, whereas homeowners are sh!tting themselves worrying about the next IR rise

Stress levels will double amongst homeowners when crash comes and equity dries up.

Edited by Lander
Renting for the most part is stress free

not in my 18 years of experience of renting

my experience has been pretty much universally crap, kicked out at a moments notice, can't remember ever getting my full deposit back and have lost a good few in their entirety, spent days chasing LL / agent because I had no heating / hot water, spent weeks waiting for more minor repairs and lived with pretty grim decor almost 100% of the time

agreed not as bad as going bankrupt but not this renting nirvana everyone else on here seems to enjoy

what level of crash are you anticipating in an area (harrow? really?) that has seen no HPI in over 3 years?

don't know your position but if someone str'd anytime back then seems they'd need a healthy reduction to compensate with increased IR's and 3 years of non mortgage repayment.

I am not anticipating anything , like many others i can see that prices are 30-40% overvalued and hope that a healthy correction happens , if it doesn't i won't lose any sleep over it ;)

As for my STR posistion i am very very very HAPPY with it , if i had the chance to go back and change it i would NOT , like many you probably think everyone who STR'D did it to make a profit out of it . Yes you don't know my posistion , to start with i no longer need a mortgage also i certainly wouldn't admit to being a STR on a public forum if i had regretted my decision , each STR situation is differant some win some lose , personally i've made a killing out of it and stand to make even more IF a crash occurs .

I am not anticipating anything , like many others i can see that prices are 30-40% overvalued and hope that a healthy correction happens , if it doesn't i won't lose any sleep over it ;)

As for my STR posistion i am very very very HAPPY with it , if i had the chance to go back and change it i would NOT , like many you probably think everyone who STR'D did it to make a profit out of it . Yes you don't know my posistion , to start with i no longer need a mortgage also i certainly wouldn't admit to being a STR on a public forum if i had regretted my decision , each STR situation is differant some win some lose , personally i've made a killing out of it and stand to make even more IF a crash occurs .

glad things have worked out for you, altho bit dissapointed to hear that you wouldn't admit on here to doing anything you later regretted

i regret not buying a good few years ago (pretty much priced out now) and will happily 'fess up to that rather than keep quiet for fear of appearing foolish

do you really think property was over valued by 30 - 40% at 2003 prices?

would require a pretty huge crash of some magnitude to correct that

Renting is wasted money

Got that Einstein?

Hey Einstein. Don't you receive something in return for your rent/interest on a mortgage? I have not seen you write anything rational, logical or based in reality so far on this thread.

Why not make that ever on this forum rather than just this thread

at long last www has been recognised for the troll that he/she/it has allways been

Hahaha you lot need the moderators to brand anyone a Troll who doesn't share the same views as you!

What sort of a site is this!? How pathetic can you get?!

You are no better than the other websites who bans anyone with your viewpoint.

As I said before, if you can't take a bit of stick your are fundamentally weak. You all need a father figure.

You whine and bleat about how cruel the world is while you hope for a crash so you can make a killing at the expense of other people's misery

You scum are the worst scum of ALL!!

Ban me mods you ******ing cretins, you'll be doing me a favour anyway i'LL GET MORE WORK DONE RATHER THAN WASTE MY TIME ON HERE DOING UNPAID TYPING.

This site is shit! GCSE economics, links to mainstream news and group hugss.

WHAT IS THE POINT

F.U.C.K OFF YOU MORONS

not in my 18 years of experience of renting

my experience has been pretty much universally crap, kicked out at a moments notice, can't remember ever getting my full deposit back and have lost a good few in their entirety, spent days chasing LL / agent because I had no heating / hot water, spent weeks waiting for more minor repairs and lived with pretty grim decor almost 100% of the time

agreed not as bad as going bankrupt but not this renting nirvana everyone else on here seems to enjoy

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with renting. Can't win em all i guess. I have been renting the same property for over 3yrs with my partner and we have had zero problems. Any repairs that need doing I just pick up the phone and arrange for plumber, sparky etc to come out and then the bill is forwarded on to LL. We have been paying £400 pcm rent since we moved in which has never gone up. The house is worth around £120k and situated in a nice cul-de-sac. Overall, renting has been a smart move and we will continue to do so until house prices start to tumble.

Hahaha you lot need the moderators to brand anyone a Troll who doesn't share the same views as you!

What sort of a site is this!? How pathetic can you get?!

You are no better than the other websites who bans anyone with your viewpoint.

As I said before, if you can't take a bit of stick your are fundamentally weak. You all need a father figure.

You whine and bleat about how cruel the world is while you hope for a crash so you can make a killing at the expense of other people's misery

You scum are the worst scum of ALL!!

Ban me mods you ******ing cretins, you'll be doing me a favour anyway i'LL GET MORE WORK DONE RATHER THAN WASTE MY TIME ON HERE DOING UNPAID TYPING.

This site is shit! GCSE economics, links to mainstream news and group hugss.

WHAT IS THE POINT

F.U.C.K OFF YOU MORONS

oh dear.

not good

i almost think you're a construct created by the uber bears on this site to discredit anyone with a non bear viewpoint.

whatever counter bear arguments exist you've presented nothing cogent or persuasive and have embarrassed yourself

altho i do agree that anyone with a non conformist attitude on this site gets branded as a troll

www,

I requested that you be labelled a troll, as that is what your posts have implied.

Sorry :lol::lol::lol: Now go back to school you truant!! :lol::lol::lol:

d23: www was not posting anything intelligent. TTRTR was pure bull and he wasn't labelled a troll

Edited by OzzMosiz