House Price Crash Forum

West Yorkshire (leeds & North Yorkshire)

Guest daddy bull

I don't know where the EAs get their prices from but this one is up for sale for £195k, having sold new for £210k on 21/11/03. On recent sales, I would suggest a minimum 40% fall in price off the original new build price, say 126k.

177 Magellan House

This part of Magellan House is built on a bridge over what is known as Finger Dock.

flying freehold

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know where the EAs get their prices from but this one is up for sale for £195k, having sold new for £210k on 21/11/03. On recent sales, I would suggest a minimum 40% fall in price off the original new build price, say 126k.

177 Magellan House

This part of Magellan House is built on a bridge over what is known as Finger Dock.

flying freehold

maybe madlibeville is selling:

It's not about statistics you pr*ck!!!! It's about speculation.

ho hum

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

177 Magellan House

flying freehold

£1600pa ground rent & service charge

Rent my boy, rent.

Nice view of canal though

link

119, Calder House, Navigation Walk, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1JJ

Flat, Leasehold, Not New Build

20-Mar-2008 £245,000

28-Sep-2011 £171,000

Property History

28/09/2011 Property Sold For £171,000

20/03/2008 Property Sold For £245,000 ! JC on a bike (must be £145 surely)

12/06/2007 Property Sold For £143,000

13/10/2006 Property Sold For £128,000

31/03/2006 Property Sold For £132,000

24/01/2003 Property Sold For £115,000

29/11/2002 Property Sold For £154,000

09/07/2002 Property Sold For £117,500

18/01/2002 Property Sold For £143,000

31/08/2001 Property Sold For £110,000

Edited by sleepless

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Recent falls:

2006-11-07 116, Roberts Wharf Neptune Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS9 8DW

£192,000

2013-03-07 116, Roberts Wharf Neptune Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS9 8DW

£150,000

2005-09-30 Apartment 75, Balmoral Place, 2, Bowman Lane, Hunslet, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1HR

£138,965

2013-02-28 Apartment 75, Balmoral Place, 2, Bowman Lane, Hunslet, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1HR

£90,000

drops

Edited by Bootsox

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting piece in the Huddersfield Examiner on Huddersfield house prices

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/how-value-house-changed-over-6685809

Meanwhile, houses in HD4 7 – covering Armitage Bridge , Berry Brow and South Crosland – did the best, showing a 15% rise over 2012, which brought the average sale price to £165,000. Another good area was HD6 3 (Bradley, Rastrick and Brighouse), moving up over 12% to £137,000.

This thread hasn't been updated for a while. I've had my eye on the north Leeds (as far as Wetherby) for some time now. Looking for a place to raise my family. Seems to be very little of any interest on the market. Well at a price I'm willing to pay anyway.

Any luck? Looking in similar areas for a place to raise a family.

Seems to me the house market has gone a bit crazy in in the north Leeds area. House i'm looking at on Saturday is a fairly standard semi in Meanwood. IMO on for 20K more than it should be. It seems most decent family houses in good areas are going very quickly.

Any luck? Looking in similar areas for a place to raise a family.

Seems to me the house market has gone a bit crazy in in the north Leeds area. House i'm looking at on Saturday is a fairly standard semi in Meanwood. IMO on for 20K more than it should be. It seems most decent family houses in good areas are going very quickly.

Just to follow up on my post - house has gone to final offers today (went on the market on Saturday). EA has told me there are offers above asking. Crazy.

• 3 months later...

Spotted a house today I liked the look of. Semi in Bardsey, needed a lot of work and on for £210k.

Rang to see if I could arrange a viewing, the property came on the market last week. Agent says they have 5 offers in excess of £210k and the property is going to BAFO at midday Wednesday. I said OK thanks but no thanks and she then persisted to see if I could make an appointment. She just offered me apppointments during working hours and I said the only way I could afford a £200k plus house was because I had a job, so I would be at work!

She seemed amused at this and said I could have a look at the outside as the property was empty. No floor plan or anything on rightmove, so doubt I'd be offering. Suspect I'd be up against developers.

Mrs Pan is really piling the pressure on now, saying we should be offering quicker and above the asking price. Told me I'm a dreamer for talking about 10-20% off asking prices.

I can't stand this 5 bidders nonsense. I just want to see a house I like and put in a fair offer. I'm being forced into paying over the odds before we've even seen the place!! Really hoping this market cools down. My previous house is long sold and the cash in the bank.

• 6 months later...

If I'm not mistaken, Leeds prices are in free fall right now. Something to do with the pain in the financial sector employment? (Which Leeds has/had a lot of - mortgage companies mainly)

Not sure about Leeds. Its a bit out of my view.

AFAIK Leeds office space is dominated by low end legal services - ambulance chasing, bulk conveyancing and the like.

I think the activity of these regional boards reflect the level of activity in their respective regions.

I'm holding up the Northern end of Yorkshire with my posts about how little is selling.

houseprice.io is your friend for this.

I had an EA interrupting a conversation on FB recently, telling 'places are selling, etc etc'. A quick post of houseprice.io transactions for the month shut her up.

The North East ('boro -> Newcastle) board has been dead since ~07ish. That's corresponds to the NE housing market.

• 1 month later...

Spotted a house today I liked the look of. Semi in Bardsey, needed a lot of work and on for £210k.

Rang to see if I could arrange a viewing, the property came on the market last week. Agent says they have 5 offers in excess of £210k and the property is going to BAFO at midday Wednesday. I said OK thanks but no thanks and she then persisted to see if I could make an appointment. She just offered me apppointments during working hours and I said the only way I could afford a £200k plus house was because I had a job, so I would be at work!

She seemed amused at this and said I could have a look at the outside as the property was empty. No floor plan or anything on rightmove, so doubt I'd be offering. Suspect I'd be up against developers.

Mrs Pan is really piling the pressure on now, saying we should be offering quicker and above the asking price. Told me I'm a dreamer for talking about 10-20% off asking prices.

I can't stand this 5 bidders nonsense. I just want to see a house I like and put in a fair offer. I'm being forced into paying over the odds before we've even seen the place!! Really hoping this market cools down. My previous house is long sold and the cash in the bank.

Mrs Ultra is exactly the same

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Following the post Christmas non bounce, I'm seeing anecdotally reductions again. Back into freefall.

Depends where. North Leeds is insane. We've been looking for a family home. Two houses we looked at have gone for 20 grand over asking. Unbelievable.

In Bramley (where i bought in 2007 - ahem :-/ ) prices are still below 2007 peak by 10-15%.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends where. North Leeds is insane. We've been looking for a family home. Two houses we looked at have gone for 20 grand over asking. Unbelievable.

In Bramley (where i bought in 2007 - ahem :-/ ) prices are still below 2007 peak by 10-15%.

Who's buying in North Leeds then? What part of the economy is doing well enough to pay for this?

You have my sympathies. Had a narrow escape from buying nearish there. Couple of nice(ish) bits there though - and it could be a really nice surburb were it not for the feral nature of some of the locals.

• 4 months later...

You have my sympathies. Had a narrow escape from buying nearish there. Couple of nice(ish) bits there though - and it could be a really nice surburb were it not for the feral nature of some of the locals.

there are some VERY rough streets/sub-areas in Bramley, and some remarkably nice ones too. Not sure the additional price for Pudsey is worth it with (1) the longer commute into Leeds and (2) the same feral chavs running around. Also a lot of ex council stock built early-mid 20th C - not the most glamorous houses but I believe the build quality is excellent, nice price for sensible 3/4 bed semi or terrace with decent size garden.

Bramley seems to get cheaper to buy by the month, even this month.

feel somewhat bad for that chap who bought in Bramley in 2007 - having said that I know a fair few people in reasonable lower-management, education or technical jobs who did the same so there is a core of some decent people in the area

very handy Bramley station for commuting over to Manchester if necessary going the opposite way to Leeds

lovely views out west across the pennines, on the main roads pretty effectively, short trip up to Otley and the Dales, good location in may ways

Edited by Si1