House Price Crash Forum

Well pretty happy myself.Mortgage paid bar £5k and a a six figure sum in savings.Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having pulled out of BTL and paid off my home mortgage I'm pretty happy ! (or relieved however you look at it...). The idiots who have recently bought BTL should now be realising they bought a lemon.

Well pretty happy myself.Mortgage paid bar £5k and a a six figure sum in savings.Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I'm not used to dealing in quantities of dosh of that magnitude, so I was wondering why if you have so much in savings you don't just clear that remaining £5K of your mortgage? Is it something to do with credit rating?

Now, I'm not used to dealing in quantities of dosh of that magnitude, so I was wondering why if you have so much in savings you don't just clear that remaining £5K of your mortgage? Is it something to do with credit rating?

Yes,exactly.I do not have any other form of credit at the moment so keeping the £5k loan{interest only] as a``credit`` footprint.

Strange that RB, the doyenne of HPC, isn't here to enjoy it

Along with myself and most other HPC Regulars he has probably got his tail between his legs because we saw a raise as a forlorn hope.Still,I'm celebrating and assume CPI must be more out of control than we thought.Shame Tuffers your celebrations are tempered by not having exchanged until the next few days,but Good Luck.

Edited by crashmonitor