House Price Crash Forum

In Trouble With The Mrs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Another load of shit. This is gross lending, i.e. it is doesn't anything as it includes those who move their mortgages round etc.

Funny how there is record lending based on a lack of housing. Like what?

"House prices are still rising throughout the UK" nice piece of propaganda by the BBC.

Another load of shit. This is gross lending, i.e. it is doesn't anything as it includes those who move their mortgages round etc.

Funny how there is record lending based on a lack of housing. Like what?

"House prices are still rising throughout the UK" nice piece of propaganda by the BBC.

Almost everyone who can seems to be remortgaging to a fixed rater as they are cr apping themselves about interest rates. My office is full of such people.

You can either believe the VIs or you can see for yourself what is happening. Are houses selling the day they go on the market or are they taking time to sell in your area? Are EAs rushed off their feet or twiddling their thumbs, sending out emails and house details? Do you see EA offices packed full with potential buyers or are they largely empty? What anecdotes do you hear from family and friends? Are their wages rising rapidly to keep equal pace with house price inflation? I'm guessing not. What you read about 'the good times' is all blather and spin. I'd be happy to believe it if I experienced it or saw people close to me experience it. That isn't happening. We're in a bubble that has already started to burst in some areas.

I STR about 2 years ago and I am now getting increasing pressure from the Mrs about buying again

These headlines will not help

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6196095.stm

I am gobsmacked that this is a record lending month , how long can this madness continue

Please will someone give me a few crumbs of "good news"

Well, don't look at the BBC if you want anything objective, or the Daily MAil or Daily Express or indeed any report from the CML, NAEA, Haliwide, RICS or any other VI.

Well, don't look at the BBC if you want anything objective, or the Daily MAil or Daily Express or indeed any report from the CML, NAEA, Haliwide, RICS or any other VI.

Could it be that *shock*horror* people really are still buying property?

Go on shout bull, awooga, VI, sheeple, but in my neck of the woods property has been going up steadily. It will continue early next year . If rates dont keep rising in response I will buy (though not nececarily in the UK).

I STR about 2 years ago and I am now getting increasing pressure from the Mrs about buying again

Take her out shopping for clothes/shoes (and pay the bill!); book a nice holiday - distract her as best you can, BUT DONT BUY A HOUSE NOW! All markets correct, this one is long overdue. Like others on the board I'm not sure that 2007 will be the year - my moneys on 2008, so you may need to take her out for a few meals as well ;)

distract her as best you can

If things get really bad, singing whilst tap dancing can be quite distracting too!!

Could it be that *shock*horror* people really are still buying property?

Go on shout bull, awooga, VI, sheeple, but in my neck of the woods property has been going up steadily. It will continue early next year . If rates dont keep rising in response I will buy (though not nececarily in the UK).

Do you ever ask yourself how these people buying are affording it?

Do you ever ask yourself how these people buying are affording it?

sure

they are either streaching themselves to the limit on any number of stupid mortgage "deals " that are available and commiting themselves to a life of servitude and praying rates never exceed 6% in their lifetime - or cashing in on previous huge gains made in property and taking advantage of very low interest rates.

sure

they are either streaching themselves to the limit on any number of stupid mortgage "deals " that are available and commiting themselves to a life of servitude and praying rates never exceed 6% in their lifetime - or cashing in on previous huge gains made in property and taking advantage of very low interest rates.

Or maybe, just maybe, there aren't as many buyers as we are led to believe...

Or maybe, just maybe, there aren't as many buyers as we are led to believe...

Cant comment on the whole country obviously but in the markets I am familiar with London, Bristol and Surrey things are still booming. I really don't buy this whole conspiracy stuff. Obviously the figures are distorted by the obscene costs of and scramble for properties in prosperous areas, but the BBC et al are not involved in some enormous conspiracy headed by Gordon Brown and backed by the mysterious forces in the US as some of the nut jobs here seem to imply.

I am gobsmacked that this is a record lending month , how long can this madness continue

You've only got yourself to blame.

Guest chrisbrighton

Unfortunately i would agree with her concerns...I am feeling increasingly bullish about the property market in the SEast and feel very sorry for anyone who has STR...my advice would be to get back on the ladder whilst you can.

Unfortunately i would agree with her concerns...I am feeling increasingly bullish about the property market in the SEast and feel very sorry for anyone who has STR...my advice would be to get back on the ladder whilst you can.

HA!!!!!! What a joke!! Are you an Estate Agent by any chance?!!!

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=12762

Take her out shopping for clothes/shoes (and pay the bill!); book a nice holiday - distract her as best you can, BUT DONT BUY A HOUSE NOW! All markets correct, this one is long overdue. Like others on the board I'm not sure that 2007 will be the year - my moneys on 2008, so you may need to take her out for a few meals as well ;)

If things get really bad, singing whilst tap dancing can be quite distracting too!!

Yeah, buy her Blahniks, (boots preferably, or shoes and boots) some Agent Provocatuer 'stuff' and have sex...might do you both good :D

No, just someone with one house and one BTL...although I am thinking of buying another to let as i still see significant potential for capital growth in this area

Well -- anyone paying the "prices" today is a sucker.

First Time Buyers: There's a simple way; just don't buy. If you all don't buy - the market dies.

- http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=12762 -

Look at the criminal Mortgage Fraud - perpetrated by the Mortgage Lenders and Vested Interests themselves!! :

- http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=19113

- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3222053.stm -

- http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele..._mortgage.shtml -

- http://www.mortgagefraud.squarespace.com/great-britain/ -

- http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry217339

No, just someone with one house and one BTL...although I am thinking of buying another to let as i still see significant potential for capital growth in this area

LOL!

Ramp away little man. May the new year see you realising the error of your ways.

Sell that bloody BTL and start living a responsible life.

Guest chrisbrighton

LOL!

Ramp away little man. May the new year see you realising the error of your ways.

Sell that bloody BTL and start living a responsible life.

No need to be so rude..... for most long term BTL's selling does not make any sense. For example, I bought mine for £60k a few years back, now valued at £210. Selling would produce a massive capital gains bill .

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Well if you live in Brighton here are some stats.

Brighton Q1, Q2, Q3 2006 both creditor and debtor bankruptcies = 1,116 and Q3 2006 repossessions alone 163 actions entered. Q1 2006 150 and Q2 2006 149 actions entered

Sussex finished tenth-highest on a list of 53 counties for mortgage repossessions in 2005. Brighton is by far the highest on a list of homes repossessed during the last quarter.
Guest chrisbrighton

Well if you live in Brighton here are some stats.

Brighton Q1, Q2, Q3 2006 both creditor and debtor bankruptcies = 1,116 and Q3 2006 repossessions alone 163 actions entered. Q1 2006 150 and Q2 2006 149 actions entered

On a total population of around 300,000 hardly significant. Brighton also has one of the highest population growth predictions in the UK with many Londoners and EU nationals moving here

No need to be so rude..... for most long term BTL's selling does not make any sense. For example, I bought mine for £60k a few years back, now valued at £210. Selling would produce a massive capital gains bill .

Actually, there is a need to do anything that will get people to realise that their actions have an impact on others. Me, me, me just doesn't work any more. Sell it and pay your bill. Seems fair to me.

On a total population of around 300,000 hardly significant. Brighton also has one of the highest population growth predictions in the UK with many Londoners and EU nationals moving here

And it also has incredibly low wages. Brighton is one of the most stretched bubbles around.