House Price Crash Forum

Very Busy Market

Warwickshire Lad

HOLA441

I have been phoning round Estate Agents for the best part of the week, and almost every property I have expressed an interest in is either Under Offer or Sold.

There are definitely a lot of Sold signs around in the town.

Not sure what's going on - perhaps people are panicking to get moving before Christmas, or are anxious to get a mortgage before IR rises any further.

One or two agents tell me it is a buyer's market, and another told me it's "slowing down", but it certainly doesn't seem that way to me.

It's rather annoying. Hopefully there will be a glut of property come the New Year.

:unsure: :angry:

HOLA442

I have been phoning round Estate Agents for the best part of the week, and almost every property I have expressed an interest in is either Under Offer or Sold.

There are definitely a lot of Sold signs around in the town.

Not sure what's going on - perhaps people are panicking to get moving before Christmas, or are anxious to get a mortgage before IR rises any further.

One or two agents tell me it is a buyer's market, and another told me it's "slowing down", but it certainly doesn't seem that way to me.

It's rather annoying. Hopefully there will be a glut of property come the New Year.

:unsure: :angry:

"Get moving before Christmas" - what in the next 6 days ???

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
"Get moving before Christmas" - what in the next 6 days ???
:) Moving would be impressive in that timescale. Iwonder how much it costs to get all the lawyers in to exchange contracts on Christmas Eve, when it's a Sunday? That's gotta be quadruple feed at least!

But the psychological timescale of "before Christmas" could be having an effect. Perhaps it's the buyers under pressure to "make sure we have somewhere lined up before Christmas" (so put in stretch bids banking on a new year pay rise) or the sellers who "better get this house sold before Christmas" (who drop the price just to get moving). Now where would such pressure come from? You aren't looking at houses suitable for married people by any chance are you? :D

Or, equally, it could be pure random chance.

HOLA446

I visited my mate in Slough (well cippenham anyway) a couple of weeks ago, and there was loads of to rent and forsale boards all over these new builds. I went back last weekend and most had gone !!! Don't know if someone has pulled them all so they can get relisted as fresh or whether they all sold/let? weird I though, and I also though Damn it looks like people are still buying! damn them!

HOLA447
HOLA448
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA449

I looked at the local paper property section for the first time in about 6 months today. (Leamington Spa Courier)

Several properties that I recognised from 18 months ago were still advertised at about the same price albeit with a different EA. But also loads of "sold" flags on properties which is a huge change because 18 months ago nothing was moving. I used to get flyers from Wigwam (an EA) when they had sold a house which to me just showed how desperately slow things really were.

I think Rugby has been playing catch up with LS and Warwick as most ordinary people are priced out of all but the rubbish areas in LS.