House Price Crash Forum

Could You Ever Forgive Gordon Brown

What if he released a lot more land and started building plenty of affordable housing, and stopped the cycle of there never being quite enough property, causing a speculative boom, and a constant dog eat dog society.

If the result of that was a hefty crash then perhaps yes. The minority will perhaps have forgiven him by then but the average person will want his blood. Quite an entertaining situation for some. :)

What would Gordon Brown have to do tommorrow in order for you to forgive him for everything

well having the whole labour party hung,drawn and quartered would be a good start.

..that'd stop the fecking parasites!!!!...of ALL parties!

...apart from claire short,she's got enough balls to speak her mind.

I want his wife! for bumsecks!

you perv!!!!..

HE might oblige you though! :P

I want his wife! for bumsecks!

Good idea. She's probably the only person in this country that he hasn't done that to :lol:

Could I forgive him? No. But I'd feel a whole lot better after slowly lowering him into a huge vat of boiling water while explaining how hard it is to afford basic living requirements under his low-pay high-cost-of-living regime.

Guest Yeahbutnocrash

What would Gordon Brown have to do tommorrow in order for you to forgive him for everything

Dunno as we'll never no how bad the alternative would have been

One excuse is that we have an imperfect system controlled by imperfect or 'corrupt' individuals looking after their own (and their mates) interests so this type of thing is always going to happen - I know that's no consolation but we have all been on the receiving end of their crap

In the end we are on this lump of rock careering thru space and no-one is in charge of it!

Dunno as we'll never no how bad the alternative would have been

One excuse is that we have an imperfect system controlled by imperfect or 'corrupt' individuals looking after their own (and their mates) interests so this type of thing is always going to happen - I know that's no consolation but we have all been on the receiving end of their crap

In the end we are on this lump of rock careering thru space and no-one is in charge of it!

His alternative might at least have had a GCSE in economics, and would thus have been better qualified to run the country's economy than Brown.

The powers that be would have found some other yes-man to run ruin the economy for the benefit of the rich - as they have been the only winners in this latest round of legalised theft. If not Brown, then somebody like Norman Lamont or Nigel Lawson. There's no escape from the pawns of the rich doing what they know best - robbing the well dressed peasants that are the British populace. True democracy would have emerged decades, if not hundreds of years ago had people recognised that the true power brokers in any "system" are the people who control the currency and who hold that currency and the wealth that underwrites it. Without wresting control of the currency from the central bankers, there can never exist anything more than a system of serfdom whereby the general population do the bidding of the rich. All governments are now completely in the pocket of the money-lenders and without recognition of this, things will carry on just the way they are, and probably worse.

Edited by BarrelShifter