House Price Crash Forum

R People This Stupid

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people see the situation only getting worse. So if they can't do it now, it will only be worse tomorrow. So irrelevant of how unlikely it is, they go for it now because they believe there will never be a better time. The individual deserves some blame, but at the end of the day they are just trying to live a reasonable life. They are often on reasonable enough jobs and are not spending extravagantly - why shouldnt they be able to afford this lifestyle? The root of the problem lies elsewhere, those in debt are often just unlucky victims.

F**K THEM ALL!!!

Not in the nice way :) , but with their attitude.

Their misery is self imposed, they have set themselves unrealistic targets(like we are often told), and now getting pi**ed at the world because their expections have not gone the way they would have liked.

I have always found people do this in all walks of life, "I wll not be happy untill", if these people find they hate living their life in Debt then sell up.

I bet there is at least a few cases here where they could sell up and have a few £100,000 in the Bank and be totally debt free, but NO, they want both ways.

These woman really are the reverse of us(HPC), they have choosen the Debt misery so as to feel like they are part of todays society, we have choosen not to be Debt slaves but are missing out on buying our own home.

Sam

completly agree with sam.

These people are stupid, it really is simple maths (I earn so much , I can afford so much)

She said 'living the middle class lifestyle' <---- really darling? and how did you get a 20 000 credit card bill?

Its people this stupid, that are proping up this market, they have sold their lives to a mortgage broker, and are reaping the rewards for that decision.

as Sam says................. F*ck 'em

completly agree with sam.

These people are stupid, it really is simple maths (I earn so much , I can afford so much)

She said 'living the middle class lifestyle' <---- really darling? and how did you get a 20 000 credit card bill?

Its people this stupid, that are proping up this market, they have sold their lives to a mortgage broker, and are reaping the rewards for that decision.

as Sam says................. F*ck 'em

Sort of agree, but when kids are involved i can´t help but have a little bit of sympathy.

Sort of agree, but when kids are involved i can´t help but have a little bit of sympathy.

I really did have symapthy(and deep down i probably still do), but what about the suffering of the likes of us, do you really think one of those women would give a toss about our predicament, or the predicament of a young couple that knows it would be sucide to borrow at todays levels so are sensibly sitting it out hoping for some sense take over in this Country, would they hell!!!.

I bet you some of these women are the types that sit on PMT Fool everyday getting all bitter and twisted because certain members of society refuse to take on the crazy amounts of borrowing they have had to take on in order to give an illusion of them doing "RATHER WELL DO'NT YOU KNOW WOT WOT WOT".

Seriously, go to Fool PMT or singing pig and you can feel the anger off some of those Property Bulls at those that say prices are just bubble inflated speculation that will crash at some point, they have borrowed a fortune to buy homes and i am sure some would kill to shut Bears up :)

I think it's a British thing. Someone I work with insists on taking several longhaul holidays each year. They are off to Africa over the seasonal break on a mega-holiday. That person was complaining about their mounting debt problems before booking said holiday, and now is whinging even more because the costs of the mega-holiday are maxing out the cards! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, people really are this stupid! And, it would seem that we have a sizeable population of them!

I really did have symapthy(and deep down i probably still do), but what about the suffering of the likes of us,

Suffering is what you make of it. If you are suffering in the UK, get out.

I have, i am currently living in germany as the UK is finished.

What a f***ing peasant you are !

You actually want to read stories about people having difficulty.

+-

Not difficulty as such.

this story is about people who have attitude of self importance way out of tune with reality the 'living the middle class life style' says it all.

They are only suffering because

A they cannot afford what they chose

B maxing out credit cards

They dont need a four bed house and they dont need to spend twenty grand on credit cards

So yes I enjoy reading stories like this because, soon they will have to sell up, and join the real world with us and stop promoting house price inflation.

They ar'nt stuck in this situation they are staying in it by their own free will because their w*nkers :)

I think it's a British thing. Someone I work with insists on taking several longhaul holidays each year. They are off to Africa over the seasonal break on a mega-holiday. That person was complaining about their mounting debt problems before booking said holiday, and now is whinging even more because the costs of the mega-holiday are maxing out the cards! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, people really are this stupid! And, it would seem that we have a sizeable population of them!

You only live once, i'm not advocating spending on credit cards, but you can get to hung up on money.

I would much rather have seen the world and enjoyed my life rather than saving for the next 30 years and staying at home in cold wet England.

Guest X-QUORK

You only live once, i'm not advocating spending on credit cards, but you can get to hung up on money.

I would much rather have seen the world and enjoyed my life rather than saving for the next 30 years and staying at home in cold wet England.

In other words, the only alternative to spunking huge wads of borrowed money on holidays is to live like a monk on 8 shillings a century?

There is a third way, live within your means but still enjoy life. :rolleyes:

What a f***ing peasant you are !

You actually want to read stories about people having difficulty.

Nothing wrong with that.

They've made their decisions and it is the decisions of these f*ckwits to enslave themselves with debt that has driven up house prices to levels that those of us with a little bit of sense refuse to pay.

Stories like theirs bring a smile to my face. They illustrate that buying houses at these prices doesn't suddenly and dramatically improve your life - as we are made to believe

I've choosen the non-debt route and will enjoy hearing all the tales of financial suffering endured by those that have chosen the debt route.

It will be pay back time...

Edited by munimula

+-

Not difficulty as such.

this story is about people who have attitude of self importance way out of tune with reality the 'living the middle class life style' says it all.

They are only suffering because

A they cannot afford what they chose

B maxing out credit cards

They dont need a four bed house and they dont need to spend twenty grand on credit cards

So yes I enjoy reading stories like this because, soon they will have to sell up, and join the real world with us and stop promoting house price inflation.

They ar'nt stuck in this situation they are staying in it by their own free will because their w*nkers :)

Nelly on the ball here , excellent , many on HPC have played the game and been sensible and lived within in their means , whilst b1tch's like the one in the article think there better than everyone else , IF this story is true it is unlikely she will lose her house , it will mean that they will have to put there mortgage first and foremost otherwise she'll have nothing , i hope she wollows in her own indebted misery for many years :D .

These aren't stories about the economy, or houseprices, or anything like that . . . these are stories about STUPIDITY. And there are stupid people without property, just as there are stupid people with it. The property-owning class has no monopoly on stupidity, as even a cursory reading of the messages on this forum will attest.

I would not go as far as saying it puts a smile on my face, infact i still feel anger at these people for not only making their lives difficult, BUT MINE AS WELL.

They pretended to be living a life that they really could not afford and tried to get many others(quite succesfully) to follow their lead, similar to a junkie trying to hook their friends so as they feel less crap about themselves.

I have had to wait for these people to burn themselves out with debt, and am still waiting, so please do not talk about feeling sympathy, they wanted it now, and i am afraid now has turned into then, i am hoping my now wil be happening soon.

These aren't stories about the economy, or houseprices, or anything like that . . . these are stories about STUPIDITY. And there are stupid people without property, just as there are stupid people with it. The property-owning class has no monopoly on stupidity, as even a cursory reading of the messages on this forum will attest.

But the stupid people without property are not having as big an impact on Houseprices.

All these stupid people are inflating the bubble further and further by taking out these silly mortgages they cant afford and thus are making things even more unaffordable than the rest of us. I know it will turn around on them in the end.

Anyone who spends £2000 on a TV then complains about the debt they are in needs a reality check.

Most people see the situation only getting worse. So if they can't do it now, it will only be worse tomorrow. So irrelevant of how unlikely it is, they go for it now because they believe there will never be a better time. The individual deserves some blame, but at the end of the day they are just trying to live a reasonable life. They are often on reasonable enough jobs and are not spending extravagantly - why shouldnt they be able to afford this lifestyle? The root of the problem lies elsewhere, those in debt are often just unlucky victims.

Agree there. I think there are two 'demand-side' factors contributing to the mortgage / credit mountain:

- Entitlement

As above, why shouldn't an individual be able to afford a similar lifestyle to the preceding generation, at the same age, in exchange for the income provided by the same employment position? There seems to be a reluctance to compromise a certain standard of living in order to secure a healthy future financial outlook.

- Risk

I really think that many people don't think in numerical terms - or at least, fail to understand ideas like compound interest, percentages, and analysis based on possible future scenarios. Or if they understand these ideas, there is no application of these to their finances. I think that in many cases, those who fail to make any sense of a situation will simply follow the lead of those that appear (to them) to show such understanding. Unfortunately, I think that the 'VIs' referred to on here are currently assuming that role in the eyes of many. Helping the VIs' cause is a common perception that following the crowd is somehow less risky, or at least shares risk amongst many. End result: greater exposure to risk with a lesser degree of understanding of the nature of that risk, or even that there is any risk at all.

This probably sounds very much like preaching to the choir, but I think any analysis at all involves independence of thought - and it's independent thought that people seem unwilling / unable to take part in (I see this as analogous to 'copying someone's homework' rather than doing it yourself)

To me, the mortgage / credit mountain will grow ever larger until following the crowd / TV / etc. becomes very obviously bad for people.

Nothing wrong with that.

They've made their decisions and it is the decisions of these f*ckwits to enslave themselves with debt that has driven up house prices to levels that those of us with a little bit of sense refuse to pay.

Stories like theirs bring a smile to my face. They illustrate that buying houses at these prices doesn't suddenly and dramatically improve your life - as we are made to believe

I've choosen the non-debt route and will enjoy hearing all the tales of financial suffering endured by those that have chosen the debt route.

It will be pay back time...

I really feel no simpathy for these people either. We've all paid the price of both these people's greed and the banks' irresponsibility through run away HPI.

They should both pay for what they've done (I'm starting to sound like a puritan)

The trouble is, I keep getting the feeling we're going to have tto pay for it (again).

I really feel no simpathy for these people either. We've all paid the price of both these people's greed and the banks' irresponsibility through run away HPI.

They should both pay for what they've done (I'm starting to sound like a puritan)

The trouble is, I keep getting the feeling we're going to have tto pay for it (again).

They probably don't think they've 'done' anything wrong, and the idea of participation in a speculative asset bubble driving up prices yet further is likely beyond their radar.

I think we mistake these people for rational market participants; I'd suggest they're simply assuming they're entitled to buy somewhere to live, like their parents did, with the idea that 'house prices always go up in the long run, and probably the short run too' lurking at the back of their minds as some kind of infallible truth. This has possibly been supplanted (via the very low interest rate environment) by the idea that 'house prices always go up, period'.