House Price Crash Forum

Millionaires

SarahBell

HOLA441

Apparently someone who won the lottery big in my area a few years ago has bought 3 houses on my road in the last few months.

That'll explain why they've sold at the prices they have.

They'll be up for let soon.

And worryingly there's 2 more for sale *having presumably seen others sell at mad prices they want a bit of it.

HOLA442

yet again, greed and more greed.

another traitor to society, win a few million and can't be happy with the interest, so decide to push more people out of the market and snap up homes. why cant they just be happy with a nice house for themselves. there is no excuse for this, the rich get richer and the poor just suffer.

I hope they drop in price and Polish squatters move in :D

HOLA443

another traitor to society, win a few million and can't be happy with the interest, so decide to push more people out of the market and snap up homes. why cant they just be happy with a nice house for themselves. there is no excuse for this, the rich get richer and the poor just suffer.

Indeed.

If I won a substantial amount of money I'd buy a place and live off the rest via interest.

Greedy bast****!!

HOLA444

Indeed.

If I won a substantial amount of money I'd buy a place and live off the rest via interest.

Greedy bast****!!

Wouldn't you put it into the stock market, helping to create jobs for people. I think that's a good place for a proportion of large winnings.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Life is unfair - very boring if it wasn't - greed, jealousy - all part of being human

Don't forget the engineers of this HPI project - Labour - THEY are sustaining these prices at YOUR expense - not the millionaire...

Edited by dnd

HOLA447

Life is unfair - very boring if it wasn't - greed, jealousy - all part of being human

Don't forget the engineers of this HPI project - Labour - THEY are sustaining these prices at YOUR expense - not the millionaire...

no, the millionare bought the houses at the current price, not just one though, but 3 in the same road.

Labour didnt buy them, the millionare did, so therefore he is the one keeping up the prices.

Edited by debtfree

HOLA448

no, the millionare bought the houses at the current price, not just one though, but 3 in the same road.

Labour didnt buy them, the millionare did, so therefore he is the one keeping up the prices.

Hmm, but the millionaire isn't responsible for the larger HPI picture

How many millionaires in the UK could have pushed up HPI to current levels if they all blew their money on houses? - it's nothing

House prices are being sustained by Governement policy on immigration and feeding duff ONS stats about inflation to the BOE to supress IR

They are doing this because HPI is the only reason they have won elections in the past - they need to sustain price rises to hold onto power...

Edited by dnd

HOLA449
HOLA4410

So lottery winners shouldn't invest in companies as the employees might spend it on property?

Jason,

The fat cats get the money, not the employees that work for these companies.

Only a small percentage of that money gets to the real employees who work lots of hours and graft all day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6098162.stm

Regards

Debtfreee

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Oh FFS :rolleyes:

What is wrong with the guy buyin' up a few properties ? Surely it's up to him what he does with his money. All this rich get richer bo11ox makes you sound like commies !

HOLA4416

with some butter on and a bit of ham it could set you back £450 for a sandwich :lol:

we're getting there...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4894952.stm

"The McDonald sandwich - named after its creator Scott McDonald, the chef at London department store Selfridges - is said to be the world's most expensive."

The ingredients of the £85 sandwich are: Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras, black truffle mayonnaise, brie de meaux, rocket, red pepper and mustard confit and English plum tomatoes.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Oh FFS :rolleyes:

What is wrong with the guy buyin' up a few properties ? Surely it's up to him what he does with his money. All this rich get richer bo11ox makes you sound like commies !

Well said tenroom, gets me down reading some of the posts on this site, so many chips on shoulders. Jealousy seems to be the great British disease these days.

HOLA4419

what makes me laugh the most is that it is absolutely acceptable to "win" money - but if someone earns a huge salary - or makes money out of property - that is parasitic and not acceptable.

Someone who wins money has an equal chance if its something like a lottery.

If someone earns a salary theres a chance they did it off the backs of other people hence while people find it parasitic.

This isn't the first time i'll have said this the problem with britains exec cultures is it has a tendency to reward failure, and luck as well well as a few notable successes.

If people have made money out of property fair play to em say i, they are only looking after themselves, the market can correct it self despite this,

Given the attitudes of some posters on here it makes you wonder how they'd be if the shoe was on the other foot.