HOLA443
  • 3 months later...
HOLA444
HOLA445
  • 1 year later...
HOLA446

Northern Ireland (Quarter 2 - 2018)

£132,795 -1.0% 4.4%

As thought, NI is slowing (according to LR) - interesting to watch... give it 3/4 months and HPI may be below inflation, so falling real terms. I am seeing slowing - Belfast... well, I dunno - might be bucking the trend because of all the new hotel jobs lol! 

• 8 months later...
HOLA447

Just thought I'd pop in to see if any of the old timers still frequented the old haunt...

Anybody else bought a house yet ?

Any changes in attitudes or perception?

Market where I live, not Belfast, seems relatively healthy at the minute... Lots of new build developments recently started... What's the craic elsewhere outside Belfast ?

HOLA448

Hi. I'd agree Belfast seems buoyant. Market still going up in places like Omagh where there are no jobs to support it. I don't understand it. The prices are 20% up off the bottom but still below the top. Its a question of if you think the top  - Dec 2007 (20K rise throughout 2007) was a blow off insane final phase of the boom and that quite possibly that top will never be reached again? NI is bucking the trend against England. Why? Against the rises in the south?

Edited by bear.getting.old

HOLA449
15 hours ago, bear.getting.old said:

Hi. I'd agree Belfast seems buoyant. Market still going up in places like Omagh where there are no jobs to support it. I don't understand it. The prices are 20% up off the bottom but still below the top. Its a question of if you think the top  - Dec 2007 (20K rise throughout 2007) was a blow off insane final phase of the boom and that quite possibly that top will never be reached again? NI is bucking the trend against England. Why? Against the rises in the south?

Interest rates and unemployment are very low at the moment. Those I know in various trades who live in the country (such as my brother-in-laws and their friends) are disappearing off to GB during the week and being paid very handsomely for doing so. The trades working at home here in NI are flat out too, or at least the ones I have engaged while doing up my old house for sale. Where I worked it is proving near impossible to get skilled IT people on a salary which is 50% above the NI average - it would appear the going rate for this skill set is twice the NI average. We have a graduate starting on £27K plus benefits.

What was the question again?

• 11 months later...
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414