House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Maybe A Little Further Off Than The Bears Think

tenroom

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/27092006/325/growt...gher-rates.html

Not that I'd trawl the net looking for any insignificant piece that might herald the implosion of our economy but I did feel that the bears could use a little sobering up. Combine this with the falling of wholesale gas prices and, who knows, HPI could just continue unchecked for at least another year. Boo Hoo !! :lol:

Nah, I've seen markets react like this before. I've also seen the opposite, where markets react badly to good news.

This isn't quite like equities where people take profit or expected more, the markets are reacting to slowing growth in the context of it being supportive of lower or stable interest rates whilst totally ignoring the future impact the slowing will have on future profits. That really is irreconcilable and one side has to be wrong.

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/27092006/325/growt...gher-rates.html

Not that I'd trawl the net looking for any insignificant piece that might herald the implosion of our economy but I did feel that the bears could use a little sobering up. Combine this with the falling of wholesale gas prices and, who knows, HPI could just continue unchecked for at least another year. Boo Hoo !! :lol:

There is no inflation in the grave yard. Does that console you?

Edited by dog

We're in a strange situation where bad news is good, we're effectively celebrating slow growth as we're in hock to the tune of billions and cannot afford higher interest payments.

That's screwed up.

Agreed

I notice the DOW surged to a new record yesterday - undoubtably bouyed by the knowledge that this is the top of the IR cycle -- Err , No But it is 6 weeks away from US Mid-Term Elections. I think a lot of people are going to get burned when the next US IR move is up.

A bit like the last Bull turning Bear, the DOW at a record level, approaching October is worrisome enough for me.

As regards Crash - that is a bit of a strange moniker anyway - the question we need to ask is where will HP's be 12/24/36 months from now ? Significantly lower ? - maybe. Significantly higher ? - no.