House Price Crash Forum

Please Delete My Account

Here is a plea to whoever runs this site.

Please delete my account. If you do I will not bother creating another one - I know I won't.

I can't seem to stop myself coming here and engaging in utterly pointless arguments. It is a waste of my time and I often find myself posting stuff which is uncharacteristically not very nice.

So, please do me and everyone else on here a favour and delete my account. I don't have the will power to stay away but, if I can't post, I won't waste my time here.

I await my fate.

Thank you.

No don't delete it, let him suffer. :D

I'll beg if necessary. Look I'm still here, I've got bl**dy work to do!

And I moan at my kids for being addicted to MySpace.

Put me out of my misery. PLEASE!

Just think no one reminding you the market might not crash and being able to provide good reasons why not. Come on - get me gone!

No more red text in other people's posts answering each point.

Please delete my account. If you do I will not bother creating another one - I know I won't.

I can't seem to stop myself coming here and engaging in utterly pointless arguments. It is a waste of my time and I often find myself posting stuff which is uncharacteristically not very nice.

So, please do me and everyone else on here a favour and delete my account. I don't have the will power to stay away but, if I can't post, I won't waste my time here.

I await my fate.

Thank you.

Maybe if we all leave the site/delete our accounts, then the "last bears have turned bull" arguement will hold, and the crash will start? :D

I await my fate.

Thank you.

I can't agree more, I'm just the same, only today was I thinking 'I've been on this site for 3 years now' :blink:

Guest Cletus VanDamme

I await my fate.

Thank you.

You've announced your departure a number of times now Marina.

Email webmaster and he'll delete your account. He try to convince you to stay before he does so though.

Exactly, it's like executing a failed suicide bomber.

Thank you. That is the best laugh I have ever had on here. I have this vision of myself - I've just set off the bomb, my legs are over there, my arms are over there, my head is over there, but I'm still alive!

Come on lads, do the decent thing.

Aw comon - you know you love it.

Besides, who else makes a point and sticks to it as you do.

Have to agree it does all seem a bit pointless - we have all failed miserably to predict the crash (I thought it should have happend end of 2004- at least that is what my spreadsheet said).

So we are reduced to predicting the unpredictable and going thro ups and down as news hits the wires.

Might as well use our money to invest in something and come back when no one wants to buy a house.

HAL

You've announced your departure a number of times now Marina.

I KNOW! I KNOW! - I really do want to go. But I can't. I don't want to email the webmaster because that will reveal a true email address whereas the one I have on this account is made up.

Could you email him for me? Or bring this thread to his attention? I'd be really grateful.

Marina's caught in cyber-limbo and needs help ending it all. :lol:

Just change your password to a sequence of randomly typed characters. If you're asked to repeat it just cut and paste it from the original.

Good bye.

P.S. Is assisted cyber-suicide a crime. :unsure:

Good thinking. Now all I need is the strength to do it. That's why I was asking for the account to be deleted ... can I do it? I'll have a few beers later and see if I can talk myself into it.

I'll beg if necessary. Look I'm still here, I've got bl**dy work to do!

And I moan at my kids for being addicted to MySpace.

Put me out of my misery. PLEASE!

Just think no one reminding you the market might not crash and being able to provide good reasons why not. Come on - get me gone!

No more red text in other people's posts answering each point.

Please stay, I enjoy your posts. I'm one of the SILENT MAJORITY who broadly agrees with you! :)

I await my fate.

Thank you.

Your be back AGAIN your obsessed with this place :rolleyes: , you no doubt think about the housing market everyday , thats why you come on here to let some your frustration out of the current housing situation , just take the weekend off and come back Monday ;)

No, it is done!

I changed the password but couldn't copy and paste it to confirm it. So I wrote a random string of numbers on a piece of paper - entered that twice - and shredded it.

I still seem to be logged in - so guess the cookie on my machine has been updated. So, logging out now ... just got to keep my resolve and delete the cookie.

Good luck to all you youngsters. I really do hope this pans out so you can get yourselves somewhere to call home without a massive mortgage around your neck.

Please stay, I enjoy your posts. I'm one of the SILENT MAJORITY who broadly agrees with you! :)

You're making a very valid contribution and I think you'd find going cold turkey way too difficult.

But it sounds like it'd help your sanity to strictly ration your time on this site per week. I think that's what I'm going to have to do. I've learnt a lot about economics, and enjoy the humour and the characters, but - diminishing returns and all that.

Marina, have a break but don't stay away too long. I don't always agree with you but you're a welcome antidote to some of the BS on here.

A lot of us are addicted, myself included. I also find it hard to understand why. When I first discovered this site about 2 years ago, it was fascinating to discover people with contrarian views. Then I started to follow the arguments, learnt some economics - still fascinating. It's also been fascinating watching the great HPC/**** split unfold. Now it's wait and see time, for me anyway. So it's not as interesting for me anymore but can I stay away? No chance.

And the truly disturbing thing is I don't even particularly care what happens to house prices!

I am also a real-estate-bubble-forum-addict

Even worse, I am addicted to 2 web sites: HPC and a French website (www.lesechos.fr)

I read HPC almost every (working) day, and I post on Les Echos almost every (working) day,

The only times (for the last two years!) I could stop surfing were when I had really important things to do

- the birth of my first child

- when I searched for a new job

:huh:

A few years, I was really convinced there would be an HPC, and when the housing market started to go south in 2004 S2 and 2005 S1, I really though - " this is it ! "

Now, I am very confused and I do nit know what to believe

I could have bought a few years ago if I had accepted to take a big loan and to lower my living expectation (buy in a distant suburbs), but I refused... now it would be much more difficult, I am nearly outpricied by the market (even if my deposit invested in stocks and savings accounts is growing)

HPC news are coming from the States, and are slowly appearing in continental Europe

But instead of being happy, I am really afraid it could be the "Bull final proof": house price never go down

When market is growing like hell, you can always pretend there is a bubble and there will be a crash

But when it stagnates a few months... and then take off again, you are really pissed off

I know I should think to something else, but now I have a familly, in 1 or 2 years my wife will want a 2nd child, and our rented-flat would be too small. She agreed to wait, but around us more and more friends are buying (even her younger sister!)

My worst nightmare would be a "dutch-style plateau" situation

I hope I'll get some hints in the next months that the bear scenario can be valid

Otherwise, I know if house price do not decrease, I will finish crasy... a lunatic in a hospital :blink: