House Price Crash Forum

What's Going On With The Ftse Today?

What you Laughing at? It was probably you that sold it to me

If I didn't know any better you are a) implying that I sell crap - I don't as I don't sell anything but advice for which I am paid and b ) you have a what? WTF is an endowment pension? If you don't know what you have who's the idiot here matey?

Don't dare lump me in with the 60,000 or so cr4p salespeople out there - you have no idea what you're talking about.

Don't dare lump me in with the 60,000 or so cr4p salespeople out there - you have no idea what you're talking about.

the problem is FP that these 60,000 weren't cr4p salespeople at all - they're very good at selling. They just don't know anything about the products themselves.

PS - didn't know you were a sweaty? :blink:

Watching Blomberg and MSNBC and the consensus is that there is now going to be a recession (slowdown) in the US economy. America is sneezing.

FTSE took a bad hit today:

FTSE 100 (FSI:^FTSE) Edit

Index Value: 5,822.30

Trade Time: 4:36PM

Change: Down 74.40 (1.26%)

Prev Close: 5,896.70

Open: 5,896.70

Day's Range: 5,820.40 - 5,896.70

52wk Range: 5,130.90 - 6,137.10

Currency traders on Bloomberg said that the only reason sterling was up against the $ was due to the interest rate differential with the Euro. The pound is seen as a higher yielding Euro. Once the ECB begins hiking more money will flow into the Euro and out of sterling which is still considered a risky currency in the longer term. For each cent the pound rises exports are hit by a commensurate amount. Once Gordon's Miracle Economy gets a little more pearshaped the currency speculators will dump the pound faster than shinola off a shovel. IMO, of course.

With the FTSE breaking down close to 5800 we could see a return to the early summer lows quite quickly. What good news is there out there to support sterling other than having an iron Chancellor at the helm ( :lol: )?

Indeed. It's easy today to move money to any country on the planet: why buy into a UK housing bubble if there are much better returns available in Mongolian sheep-shearing stocks or wherever?

?????????? Say you're mister average. You have 100k equity in your house. What shall you do - take 30k out and buy a BTL or invest in something you don't understand in a foreign country? With currency risks, political risks, corruption risks etc.

Just had a quick neb on my ticker and see the FTSE is down 68 points already this morning (1.15%). Biggest morning loss I've seen for a good few weeks.

Anyone know the news that triggerred it?

Lets just make a excuse why it's down today thats what the experts on Bloomberg usually do , jobs data slightly weaker , worries in the mid east , Ben Bernanke said something the markets didn't like , worries about inflation or deflation or maybe cause it's Friday and the traders are thinking about the weekend , or how about one of there favourite excuses " Profit taking " what reason shall they make up today why the ftse lost 74 points , they really do make it up as it goes along ;)

Edited by grey shark

If I didn't know any better you are a) implying that I sell crap - I don't as I don't sell anything but advice for which I am paid and b ) you have a what? WTF is an endowment pension? If you don't know what you have who's the idiot here matey?

Oh Thanks for the Bo****ing FP. No I wouldn’t lump you in with those 60,000. I know by regular reading on here your straight as a die and was joking in the same spirit as your reply to me. I didn’t mean to be offensive

Endowment Mortgage my name for a PEP .

Foxy

the problem is FP that these 60,000 weren't cr4p salespeople at all - they're very good at selling. They just don't know anything about the products themselves.

PS - didn't know you were a sweaty? :blink:

Agreed to the first point absolutely.

No racism or stereotypical comments here please

Endowment Mortgage my name for a PEP .

Exactly. You called it an endowment pension. What you mean is - it is an endowment savings plan. An endowment mortgage is a method of borrowing money and repaying it by, theoretically, the lump sum created by separate savings. The mortgage is interest only.

Now I know you knew that but to say an endowment savings plan is an endowment pension, then call it a PEP then call it an endowment mortgage - F4ck me! Not literally.

if you think you've been done, complain to the insurer and they'll likely give you redress. Don't delay.

Agreed to the first point absolutely.

No racism or stereotypical comments here please

apologies. I thought it was a charming and largely harmless piece of local rhyming slang. I stand corrected. :unsure:

by the way, nice work in the Express piece on pensions from last Thursday :D