House Price Crash Forum

if we all let go about the price of housing and stuck together

what would happen ?

lets say we started a campaign to STOP buying housing ?

Economics 101 time.

If you all stopped buying ->

nominal prices would soften ->

yields would go up ->

professional landlords would add to their portfolios ->

you would remain a tenant.

I've almost cleared a bottle of Faustino VII Rioja. what are you drinking? :D:D

Economics 101 time.

If you all stopped buying ->

nominal prices would soften ->

yields would go up ->

you would remain a tenant.

I've almost cleared a bottle of Faustino VII Rioja. what are you drinking? :D:D

i do love a bottle of rioja :o

Faustino is very nice with some cheese and meat

been on the whiskey, Jamesons.

lovely.

The questions you have to ask yourselves are:

'Why has this site been SO INEFFECTIVE?'

Why hasn't it got half a million members?

Why isn't it the focal point of the priced out generation?

Why aren't newspapers, MPs, government departments BOMBARDED with emails from the half million members demanding changes to BTL legislation, demanding windfall taxes on property speculators?

Look at the tabs along the top ...

Home, Graphs, Base Rates, Resources, Books (books! for feck's sake!), News Blog, HPC Wiki, Forum

Where is the one called 'Action'?

Where are the calls to Action - where is the 'Tell a friend about this site' link?

Of course the fact this site is now a commercial entity means it will never happen.

Why aren't newspapers, MPs, government departments BOMBARDED with emails from the half million members demanding changes to BTL legislation, demanding windfall taxes on property speculators?

Home, Graphs, Base Rates, Resources, Books (books! for feck's sake!), News Blog, HPC Wiki, Forum

Where are the calls to Action - where is the 'Tell a friend about this site' link?

Of course the fact this site is now a commercial entity means it will never happen.

I think you need to accept that if you can't lead by example then people here won't be inspired by your wonderful idea. Hectoring like this is unlikely to achieve the desired result (if, indeed, it is genuinely your desired result and you're not just moaning for the sake of it)

:)

yields would go up ->

Only if rents don't drop.

Yes, they'll just be lining up to buy property that's declining in value by 20% a year, and the banks will be so eager to lend to them.

Edited by MarkG

Action will funnily enough come from the government!!!!!

GB has a gaping black hole in the finances,and with increased unemployment and spending needed in the public sector,will be searching fo nice new revenue streams to plug the whole.

These more often than not come from assets that have been pumped so as to obtain maximum income.....remember the 3G licences.

it stands to reason that increased taxation/regulation of property is next on the hitlist.

HIPS/HMO's and so on are merely the start.A re-adjustment of council tax for multi-homes is coming.

We've already seen the second-home council tax discount quietly dropped,a multipier effect for these properties is surely under consideration.

I think you need to accept that if you can't lead by example then people here won't be inspired by your wonderful idea. Hectoring like this is unlikely to achieve the desired result (if, indeed, it is genuinely your desired result and you're not just moaning for the sake of it)

:)

I'm not hectoring. I'm asking a simple question - why has this site been so ineffective? You tell me. I guess the numbers of priced out youngsters between the ages of 25 and 35 must run into the millions. Why does this site only attract a handful of regular posters? The site got off to a great start - nice bit of publicity when it started - even got themselves on the telly I seem to recall.

But, after that, nothing.

Pretend you have never been here before and look at the home page. It's a mess. No clear message. No calls to action. Nothing. Just a barrage of information and, of course, adverts.