House Price Crash Forum

Just had a mate of mine on the phone, asked me how the sale was going, so I explained it looked like falling through.

Anyway he lives in Leeds, when you mention house price falls to him, I have never spoken to anyone so disbelieving, its incredable.

Me: "mind you I think house prices have gone mad, sold my 'mr average house' for 170k, that means you need to earn 43.5K to get the mortgage +17K deposit, who the chuff earns that round here ...... certainly not me mate"

Him:"yes they're mad, isn't it great, I don't think come down though, I think they'll just keep going up tbh, Leeds is now the financial centre of the UK, so I can't see it happening here"

Excuse me I need to pop some prozac and lie down for a while :ph34r:

Leeds is now the financial centre of the UK

Eh have I missed something :blink:

Sorry just checked Bloomberg it's now showing times for New York, Tokyo and Leeds. Hey maybe the LSE really stands for the Leeds Stock Exchange :D

People really will talk any old pants to convince themselves that house prices are justified, but that's one of the best ones yet!

Don't get me started on Israel and Zionism!

Let us keep religion out of it. Obviously Scotland is God's own country! :P

In any case, Leeds as a financial centre was never the same after the demise of the giant Leeds permanent B Soc... :lol:

Gods own country and all that boll**ks

Northerners will try anything to justify living in a wet cold backward part of the country.

Living in Leicestershire I am not sure where I belong geographically - but I do object to the generally limp wristed wimpy southern poofters putting down Northerners who I have found to be generally more approachable and human than the selfish gits that occupy our capital. Rember house price inflation eminated from the bowls of our nation - London - the thames even looks like a colon.