House Price Crash Forum

"it Won't Crash, They've Been Saying It Will For The Last Five Years"...

Guest pioneer31

The only people who talk about 'plateaus' are people that have never studied or had any understanding of systems that involve real people coupled with real factors. Real systems NEVER reach an equilibrium, in fact study any system you like from cell cultures, to the human body to economics to motorway congestion, equilibrium just does not happen.

Agreed

Too many people are suffering from the 'recency' effect.

They can't remember anything else but house price inflation and high prices. It's been going on for years and years.

Why should things ever change?

I bet people were saying that during the second world war too.

Things creep up slowly without you noticing. You look in the mirror every day and see the same image. "Nothings changed" you think, until you whip out a photo of yourself 10 yrs ago.

5 years from now, you'll laugh at anyone who suggests that BTL or MEWing is a good idea. Owning property will be as exciting, as a wet weekend in Rotherham

Edited by pioneer31

5 years from now, you'll laugh at anyone who suggests that BTL or MEWing is a good idea. Owning property will be as exciting, as a wet weekend in Rotherham

I once had a wet weekend in Rotherham and it was indeed quite exciting :blink:

I live in one ot the the most expensive town in the north......and sentiment amongst the ordinary people has changed in just the last couple of months.........................

Ahhh yes "the ordinary people". How are they these days?

Those who think they would be better buying into a tanked market when interest rates are high are surely thinking a bit muddled.

they should buy before they miss the boat.

I cannot think of a better scenario. I will only have to use 50% of my capital to buy a decent house, the rest can go into a high interest account.

I refuse to pay these ludicrous UK prices. If they don't tank I'm more than happy to move somewhere else, where, not only housing, but the general cost of living is more affordable.

• 2 years later...
I don't know anyone who seriously said there would be HPC FIVE years ago. 3 yrs yes. This is an important point.

It would have happened already had the MPC not done an incredibly stupid thing in Aug 05 - with which the Guvner was furious. Those who bought/traded up in the last 12 months are pure suckers.

I thought the mkt would crash 2003-2004. Couldnt believe it went on so long. I think i was long due to liar loans, which prolonged the boom, but not sure when self-certs became a mainstream product, was probably about this time.

I thought the mkt would crash 2003-2004. Couldnt believe it went on so long. I think i was long due to liar loans, which prolonged the boom, but not sure when self-certs became a mainstream product, was probably about this time.

Those liar loans were a symptom not a cause. Allowed by the underpricing of risk and financial derivatives leveraging what was already a glut of foreign savings.