Buying Another House?

ASH BASH

HOLA441
HOLA442
BIG STYLE FOR WHERE I LIVE I MEANT

WHICH IS MIDDLESBROUGH

AND IVE PROFITED TO THE SUM OF FOUR TIMES

THE LOCAL AVERAGE WAGE

Well, it is not profit as much you know - IT IS INFLATION.

If you want to buy, says, an ex-council house, you need eight times Middlesbrough average wage.

There are some houses here... http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=3533

HOLA443

ash bash

Seems you made the money, so now you are an expert in your own right in properly trading.

But to be a true property trader you re going to have to have youre fingers burnt some time or another- bear that in mind

Thats life.

HOLA444

trev im no expert

i did make money but if i was an expert i would have bought the biggest house i could have in 2002

all im worried about is if there is more to go in this price rising as it seems

we are behind /north/south divide and there maybe more to come

who knows?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
trev im no expert

i did make money but if i was an expert i would  have bought the biggest house i could have in 2002

all im worried about is if there is more to go in this price rising as it seems

we are behind /north/south divide and there maybe more to come

who knows?

If I had 80K to spare i would wait

Meantime I would pick up the the property papers and have a look whats happening,

FTB are not in the buying in the market - most national papers are agreeing with this for various reasons - listed in the FAQ of this website. So prices will fall.

BTL are not getting the yeilds and show signs of bailing - do the maths for the properties in your area. My area Cheapest - Boscombe studio - £70K. If I invested in that the repayment would be somewhere 425 per month. Currently rent wouldnt cover that or be very slim.

Thats my ancetodal view.

HOLA449
from what ive read  some areas were starting to go flat in 2002

wheras up here its rocketed till april 2004

just wondering would house prices plummet uk wide at the same time?

30% rise in the cost of borrowing over the last 12 months, thats how.

The real cost hasen't been felt yet, wait til the 2 year discount period ends in 2005, its going to be a real shock to the system.

200K at 3% discount IR mortgage = 500 pcm :D:D:D

200K at 6.5% = 1083 pcm. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Folks that bought at x3 should be okay, unfortunatley in the last 18 months most have been at x 5 and x6. Thats alot of houses 100,000 x 18 = 1.8 Million homes.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
30% rise in the cost of borrowing over the last 12 months, thats how.

The real cost hasen't been felt yet, wait til the 2 year discount period ends in 2005, its going to be a real shock to the system.

200K at 3% discount IR mortgage = 500 pcm  :D  :D  :D

200K at 6.5% = 1083 pcm.  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Folks that bought at x3 should be okay, unfortunatley in the last 18 months most have been at x 5 and x6. Thats alot of houses 100,000 x 18 = 1.8 Million homes.

If your prediction is right ( and I agree to an extent) then things really are going to get very messy. As an aside I met up with an old friend who became an EA and asked him what he thought of the whole sorry mess. His reply was to tell me that time would tell but a house was a home not just a roof over one's head. I then found out he had a self cert mortgage himself....@kin kn*b of what !?

HOLA4412
i agree ftb are less on the ground round here 

but like any house if its priced right it will sell eventually {wouldnt it}

Yes it would sell - but it would take longer, and only at a lower price. (is it average it took 9 weeks to sell, now a month ago it took 13 weeks, cant remember which newspaper)

And in that time you can lose money on paying stuff like council tax mortage, maintenance charges etc.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417