House Price Crash Forum
eek

Sayara Beg (begging) Back Again

In case it hasn't been posted before (I'm sure it has, but is good to revisit such things)

From Lost in investing jargon jungle

SAYARA BEG (pictured with daughter Alice, two) has been using an IFA for ten years and won't make an investment decision without contacting him.

Sayara, from London, consulted IFA Julian Nurse of Select Financial Solutions about Alice's Child Trust Fund voucher and put the money into Invesco Perpetual Worldwide - a fund investing in a range of shares from around the world.

Sayara, 36, a freelance IT consultant says: 'I first went to Julian ten years ago when I was in my mid-20s. I needed someone willing to demystify things for me. Now I wouldn't make a financial move without asking for his help.'

That was dated 25 February 2006, yet by the 29 May 2006 her first diary entry was on the bbc site :o

What I feel strange is for a "freelance IT consultant" there is little web presence... apart from the Hatfield Polytechnic Drama Soc (called the Madhatters :lol:)... in their production of The Boyfriend in March 1991.. who is cast as Fay <_<

castandcrew.jpg

Edited by beerhunter

why hasn't the stupid bint sold her btls yet?

Because that would trigger the BTL sale-stampede avalanche, and rapid HPC, which the Beeb and all the rest of the VIs have been fighting so hard to forestall.

This woman is hell bent on putting the whole Country on one mass guilt trip.

"I have had a baby so i should no longer be reasponsible for my debts"

She really comes across as one of the biggest spoilt brats i have ever read about, i would love to know what her background was.

And a ig thumbs down to the BBC, not giving anyone the chance to respond to this fool of a woman, like someone has already said, are you frightened that someone might suggest this woman sell her BTL's.

What a faff!

"Freelance IT consultant" = posh way to say "unemployed"

Seriously, no money in IT these days. Maybe in 8-10 years time she'll reinvent herself as a "freelance interior designer".

What a faff!

"Freelance IT consultant" = posh way to say "unemployed"

Seriously, no money in IT these days. Maybe in 8-10 years time she'll reinvent herself as a "freelance interior designer".

Are you making this stuff up, or do you have any evidence to back up the 'no money in IT these days' claim? Are you in IT and have any experience of the IT market however anecdotal?

Grrr! This dozy mare amazes me with each installment!

I think Halifax Visa would be a lovely name for the child... It's not just the big things like how she should sell her BTLs, but I bet she paid top dollar for some expensive crash diet system, and I'll put some pennies on the fact she's probably buying her formula in ready mixed cartons or something - if she needs to save money then breast milk is free!

Poor love, everything she does is for the baby - ignoring her creditors, going on a crash diet, etc. :blink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5122438.stm

The choice line in that article is "Sayara Beg's BBC debt diary provides a good example of an individual who has struggled with their debt and seems to be managing to bring things under control."

While I wouldn't wish it on anyone, maybe she should stop trying to get sympathy out of the public and run crying to her financial advisor who presumably gave her the go ahead for all of her little projects. Or maybe she gets his advice but doesn't listen to it - much the same as her debt advisor.

While I wouldn't wish it on anyone, maybe she should stop trying to get sympathy out of the public...

I suppose so, but it gives everone here something to talk about. :lol:

Seriously, no money in IT these days.

I'll have to take issue with you on that one. But it has to be said that like any industry you need to have skills that are in demand.

truly incredible. i bet she knows someone who works on the BBC - that can be the only reason they give her that platform

As far as I understand she works [freelance] for the BBC

I suppose so, but it gives everone here something to talk about. :lol:

I'll have to take issue with you on that one. But it has to be said that like any industry you need to have skills that are in demand.

Yes, I'm dead serious. Of course, as with any career path, there is more money the more relevant skills and experience you have. But IT is a business service and is treated as such. It's such a thankless and unrewarding job that I would not recommend it to anyone. Of course you can earn a decent salary, but the job satisfaction is minimal and if money is your thing you may as well take evening classes and become a secretary.

Not everyone in IT works in investment banking.

Edited by Van

Another example of her poor financial planning - if she has given up breastfeeding, it will cost her about £500 in formula milk for little Anna-Maria's first year. Bet that won't help the budget. And if she thinks she'll ping back into shape within a month, she's got another thing coming.

Edited by Antsy

Words fail me as to how stupid she is. She's just given birth and is starving herself to try and fit into an old suit! Thus removing her ability to breat feed.

She lives in such a middle-class world! How much would it cost to buy some thread and a needle and let out the old suit!?

But IT is a business service and is treated as such. It's such a thankless and unrewarding job that I would not recommend it to anyone.

i'll second that... the money is good [enough to buy a 2-up 2-down in my home town, maybe..], but you are a necessary evil as far as any business is concerned...

[sorry guys, i know this is way off topic, but i'm having one of those days/weeks/careers..]

as for Miss Beg, well:

"I am told my body will return to its previous shape after a month"

doesn't she have a child already? surely she'll know better than anyone else how her own body changes with pregnancy and birth?

oh, thats right, she's a half-wit who believes she can manipulate public opinion by spinning a yarn...

oh i hate this woman... been priced out by her and her kind....

Yes, I'm dead serious. Of course, as with any career path, there is more money the more relevant skills and experience you have. But IT is a business service and is treated as such. It's such a thankless and unrewarding job that I would not recommend it to anyone. Of course you can earn a decent salary, but the job satisfaction is minimal and if money is your thing you may as well take evening classes and become a secretary.

Not everyone in IT works in investment banking.

Ive worked in IT for about 10 years, before 2000 work was great, I could pretty much tell the companies how much I wanted to be paid. After 2000 it got a bit tight and 9/11 hit the market pretty hard, but things picked up again. In some countries there are real IT shortages. I work as a freelance IT consultant, web designer and graphic designer. It is a lot harder than it use to be, but there is work and there is money, but you have to find it.

Unrewarding and Thankless - this is pretty much every job, but really it depends on your whole outlook on things. I do work for companies all over the world, I have got to travel to New Zealand, Australia and Nederlands.

I don't work as many hours these days, I choose to spend quality time with my family as well.

As for Sayara, she should talk to her creditors, explain the situation. She will be surprized at how many actually give her some slack because she has had a new baby, but if she doesn't tell them, they don't know. My son was born with brain damage and I had to stop working, I explained to my mortgage company and creditors. The mortgage company put my account on hold (no repayments, no interest) to give me time to sort things out, one creditor just wrote the debt off (Which was unexpected, but really helped me out).

The thing was, they knew I had problems that weren't my own fault, they knew I was trying to sort it out.

She needs to sort her life out.

I'm looking forward to hearing about her next contract - I suspect my definition of 'consultant' is somewhat different to hers

Stopping communication with your creditors is rank stupidity - if nothing else, if you end up in court then at least you can point out that you tried to reach an agreement

The thing was, they knew I had problems that weren't my own fault, they knew I was trying to sort it out.

I hope everything worked out for you. It's very annoying when you hear about real problems like yours when this silly moo is trawling for sympathy because she is desperate to keep her BTLs.

I had a friend who was a debt collector and he gave me this advice. If you are struggling to pay a debt (especially unsecured), explain the situation and make an offer. The offer can be £5 a week, but if you make an offer, they refuse and it does go to court, the courts will often rule in your favour.

If you speak to them, a creditor can stop interest payments and they can accept a small payment a month just to reduce to debt.

Words fail me as to how stupid she is. She's just given birth and is starving herself to try and fit into an old suit! Thus removing her ability to breat feed.

She lives in such a middle-class world! How much would it cost to buy some thread and a needle and let out the old suit!?

:lol: You can't "let out" suits these days. Clothes are cheap and made in the third world nowadays. There isn't enough fabric in the seams to let them out! :lol:

Most women go up not just one dress size but several after being pregnant and giving birth. The idea that she could alter her suit to fit is a bit odd!

:lol: You can't "let out" suits these days. Clothes are cheap and made in the third world nowadays. There isn't enough fabric in the seams to let them out! :lol:

Most women go up not just one dress size but several after being pregnant and giving birth. The idea that she could alter her suit to fit is a bit odd!

Ok, maybe getting off topic here. She might need to be creative but she could do something. There are ways of letting out trousers for the early stages of pregnancy (she will have lost a lot of that bump!). And I'd bet she has a least one blouse she could wear that would fit. She might have to wear it out (not tucked in) to hide the top of the trousers, but it could be done. I'm no fashion designer but there must be ways around this. Even if looks less than perfect it's got to beat starving yourself just after giving birth! The worst time she could possibly do it, her body needs nutrients to recover (unless she ate the placenta ;))

"Ok, maybe getting off topic here. She might need to be creative but she could do something. There are ways of letting out trousers for the early stages of pregnancy (she will have lost a lot of that bump!). And I'd bet she has a least one blouse she could wear that would fit. She might have to wear it out (not tucked in) to hide the top of the trousers, but it could be done. I'm no fashion designer but there must be ways around this. Even if looks less than perfect it's got to beat starving yourself just after giving birth! The worst time she could possibly do it, her body needs nutrients to recover (unless she ate the placenta wink.gif)"

... Or she could pop down Primark or Asda and buy herself some stop gap clothes for the price of a couple of cans of formula!