House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cheeseandbeans

If A Hpc Happens How Many Here Expect To Benefit ?

Looking at a potential HPC, if it happens then the average person in the street is going to get a right kicking. Low leveraged BTL'rs are just going to release equity and buy FTB'rs properties, and the average mortgage paying joe is just going to sit tight, grit their teeth and wait out the storm.

The overall economy is going to take a right hit as if the UK bubble bursts, then i would presume many bubbles over the world will burst. Higher unemployment, inflation / deflation are going to put many FTB'rs in a right rubbish position, especially as the screws on loose credit / mortgages are tightened.

So back to the original question - it might happen, but if it does, who here expects to come out of it smelling of roses?

Looking at a potential HPC, if it happens then the average person in the street is going to get a right kicking. Low leveraged BTL'rs are just going to release equity and buy FTB'rs properties, and the average mortgage paying joe is just going to sit tight, grit their teeth and wait out the storm.

The overall economy is going to take a right hit as if the UK bubble bursts, then i would presume many bubbles over the world will burst. Higher unemployment, inflation / deflation are going to put many FTB'rs in a right rubbish position, especially as the screws on loose credit / mortgages are tightened.

So back to the original question - it might happen, but if it does, who here expects to come out of it smelling of roses?

I think this is an excellent question but the "experts" (You know who you are!) won't reply to it because it might reveal their super-duper-recession-proof exit plans! Bunch of pompus tw@ts who think they know more than us sheeple but in reality have no idea how it will affect them or even if it's going to happen.

My pathetic sheeple-muppet-moron opinion? I don't even know what constitues a HPC (can The Great One enlighten me?) but i think house prices will go up and down forever more! Or down and up, i'm not sure!

I think this is an excellent question but the "experts" (You know who you are!) won't reply to it because it might reveal their super-duper-recession-proof exit plans! Bunch of pompus tw@ts who think they know more than us sheeple but in reality have no idea how it will affect them or even if it's going to happen.

My pathetic sheeple-muppet-moron opinion? I don't even know what constitues a HPC (can The Great One enlighten me?) but i think house prices will go up and down forever more! Or down and up, i'm not sure!

This money mad c0ck will obviously not benefit because he's an obnoxious fcukwit that needs a good slap.

The truth.. the minority - the debt free, fully loaded in recession proof jobs.

Thanks ! I agree that few people will post a sensible reply. The graph on the homepage sums up bear logic well - it has £50,000 as the bottom price to distort casual visual perception and the latest data shows Q1 2006...

Yeah, it'll cycle down then up then down. those of us young enough can catch the next wave if we have to. We'll all live to 100+ apparently 'specially since I quit smoking. I just want to hop on the ladder in a house with enough room for me, the missus and the kids, and don't give a scooby doo if it rises and falls, so long as I'm comfortable

Thanks ! I agree that few people will post a sensible reply. The graph on the homepage sums up bear logic well - it has £50,000 as the bottom price to distort casual visual perception and the latest data shows Q1 2006...

Do you really think anyone who is well positioned for a recession is going to start bragging about it on here?

I rode the last one out as a Private Investigator (very recession proof)

Guest muttley

Unemployment increasing from the present 5% to 10% would constitute a recession. That's 1 in 20 people losing their job. Recessions are horrible, but most of us would keep our jobs.

I'm a pharmacist, and didn't lose a days work throughout the last two recessions.

I am a House Price Bear, personally I think it will be tough for almost everyone.

I sold my house, but not because of the fear of a recession, mainly because I didnt want to live in that area anymore.

Things should have never got to this point in the first place, but they have and we all will just have to live with the consequences of a HPC. Some of my best friends will be hit quite hard by a recession and I definately won't be saying 'I told you so'.

Whatever happens with house prices will be out of all of our control.

Edited by Adrian Allen

Unemployment increasing from the present 5% to 10% would constitute a recession. That's 1 in 20 people losing their job. Recessions are horrible, but most of us would keep our jobs.

I'm a pharmacist, and didn't lose a days work throughout the last two recessions.

But a HPC would be rubbish for most, pharmacist or not.

Edited by cheeseandbeans

Guest muttley

But a HPC would be rubbish for most, pharmacist or not.

Who would be affected?

Not FTBs, they could afford to buy.

Not OOs, they would be better positioned to trade up.

Not BTLs, they are in it for the long term. Besides, they will be able to snap up cheap properties after a HPC.

Why don't you want a HPC, cheeseandbeans?

These threads are ridiculous.

They are massive risks as you state, so why would any FTB like myself take on a massive mortgage, far far higher than any of my elders ever did. How will my employment prospects change if I am renting or owning?

No thanks.

Many here think a recession/HPC will happen, they are not wishing it. Do a survey and i'm sure most bears here would wish the house price boom never happened. I would say you have a blinkered view if you think the debt fuelled good times can forever continue, with no provision for any downturn.

In fact, you should be attacking the media and how they hail rising prices as good news. But oh no, you chose to stay here and call us all doom mongers...

I for one.

With an enormous wodge waiting to re-invest, it will have to revert to the traditional yields / means to tempt me back in, as will be the case for all 'pro' BTLers.

The beginner BLTs you seem to think will 'jump back in' won't - they won't be able to increase their borrowing to buy more (because their gearing will be worsening) and they will become terrified of 'catching a falling sword'.

Seen it all before.

Last time, I had a window from 1990 all the way to 1996 where the field was clear and I cleaned up.

Bring it on!

Recession proof jobs?

In general I'd say if you were one of the following your life would be more comfortable during a recession.

Police

Firemen (sorry fire persons)

Funeral Director

Anything to do with PFI (10 year tie ins etc)

Army

Navy Air Force

Pharmacist

Plenty more I'm sure.

Point being that some people will not be affected in the same way as the majority if a recession happens. I'm also sure that anyone on here working in such areas wouldn't be so crude as to boast about it if a recession happened either.

There will be a few years of pain in the form of bankruptcy, repossession and unemployment but once houses are returned to where there is a sane relationship to wages EVERYONE will be better off.

HPI has been a disease. It has benefited no one except those who bought low and actually sold high. It has ripped off OO's who die and pay estate tax on "illusionary" profits. It has made life misery for millions of younger people who have had to buy 4 to a house or, alternatively, have had to live with parents for far too long. It has made our manufactured goods too expensive to compete in a global marketplace. It has sent many into depression due to overwhelming debt. It has wreaked havoc on people's once clean credit record. It has engendered a climate of greed and materialism far worse than at any other time in our history. The cure is an almighty crash.