House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JustinC

What Tony Blair Has Done For Me

I remember sitting down with my Dad on a rather blustery day in May, he was sitting on the edge of his seat for the best part of 4 hours. He got through at least a bottle of wine before Peter Snow took centre stage and whilst managing to tell me how it would all be different this time, how he felt more confident in my future because of it all. He had helped me to cast my first vote in a General Election and was so proud that I had helped to effect a change that had seemed impossible for the best part of 15 years. As the votes came in more wine was consumed and he even learnt the words to 'Things can only get better'. 1997 really was a year of change.

Nearly ten years later, my Father is slightly less happy with those choices he helped me to make in 1997.

He now feels powerless to help me pay off my 5 figure student debts. He is totally unable to help me move out of home and get on the property ladder. Of course he can always look at what a good job the Labour party has done of ensuring his Girlfriend's safety as she visits the Middle East on business or take great happiness in seeing millions of African's free from poverty.

I really am so very pleased what Mr. Blair has done for me, I might even write and suggest that he does a victory tour to celebrate his retirement.

I remember sitting down with my Dad on a rather blustery day in May, he was sitting on the edge of his seat for the best part of 4 hours. He got through at least a bottle of wine before Peter Snow took centre stage and whilst managing to tell me how it would all be different this time, how he felt more confident in my future because of it all. He had helped me to cast my first vote in a General Election and was so proud that I had helped to effect a change that had seemed impossible for the best part of 15 years. As the votes came in more wine was consumed and he even learnt the words to 'Things can only get better'. 1997 really was a year of change.

Nearly ten years later, my Father is slightly less happy with those choices he helped me to make in 1997.

He now feels powerless to help me pay off my 5 figure student debts. He is totally unable to help me move out of home and get on the property ladder. Of course he can always look at what a good job the Labour party has done of ensuring his Girlfriend's safety as she visits the Middle East on business or take great happiness in seeing millions of African's free from poverty.

I really am so very pleased what Mr. Blair has done for me, I might even write and suggest that he does a victory tour to celebrate his retirement.

What have you done for him?

Jeez, imagine what the country would have been like under the OTHER LOT after 10 years!!!!!

That's not the point. We were lead to believe we could expectd better than this from Blair.

Guest pioneer31

What have you done for him?

paid lots and lots of tax to fund his pathetic 'war on terror', inflation of the welfare state (sickness benefit anyone?), quango building empire (yes we had them before Blair, but we have more now)

We were lead to believe we could expectd better than this from Blair.

Surely people didn't seriously expect anything other than total economic mismanagement and control freakery from a Labour government?